(Topic ID: 155611)

What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

By zr11990

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LarryMac
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
11b5ib_(resized).jpg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago

Not interested at all but reserve the right to change my opinion when I play it. I don't think anyone can make a fair assessment if they have not played it. Anything new generates excitement and Ghostbusters is something that allot of us can relate to, but the theme does not do it for me.

#102 8 years ago

Really fun. Enjoyed the Pro at TPF. I'm in for a Prem. My last Prem was ACDC.

#103 8 years ago

I'm really thinking this year will be my first NIB. When I heard rumors of GOT, I thought that was going to be it but changed my mind after reveal. Then I thought Full Throttle/Alien would be the first NIB, help support an upstart pin company, but I've been on a TWD kick lately. Right now, I really want a TWD premium but if I get a chance to play a GB premium before I pull the trigger, I may change my mind. The great thing is I don't have to be in a hurry. I can wait to see how I like GB by playing a pro and eventually a premium. I feel like this year is gonna be a great year for new pins and the longer I wait the more options there are.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anything new generates excitement

Except GOT which generated bad art and pro/le difference buzz or WWE which had layout and theme concerns or ST which was an ugly STTNG rip off or SMVE which was too expensive with stock cartoon art or Mustang... I think GB getting nearly all positive pre-release feedback here is by far an anomoly.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Except GOT which generated bad art and pro/le difference buzz or WWE which had layout and theme concerns or ST which was an ugly STTNG rip off or SMVE which was too expensive with stock cartoon art or Mustang... I think GB getting nearly all positive pre-release feedback here is by far an anomoly.

I disagree on SM VE. Having played it at TPF quite a few times, I have to say that it is worth every penny in pure pin fun. I'm not a buyer, as I just received my Hobbit Smaug Edition and I have a GB LE on order. I only have room for two pins.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I disagree on SM VE. Having played it at TPF quite a few times, I have to say that it is worth every penny in pure pin fun. I'm not a buyer, as I just received my Hobbit Smaug Edition and I have a GB LE on order. I only have room for two pins.

Opinion turned on all of them once everyone plays it (amd owners start raving). People love almost all of those now. But pre-release games tend to get hammered and that's not happening to GB.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

But pre-release games tend to get hammered and that's not happening to GB.

Very true. GB is enjoying unprecedented early praise. Looking forward to the ecco-goggles and the magnetic slings. If well executed, these will be the cherry on top!

#108 8 years ago

I imagine some nay sayers will come out when the magna slings and/or hologram feature is revealed.

Remember how excited people were on ST laser starfield until was actually shown weeks later? So I'm predicting at least one of the two features will rub some people the wrong way and pinside will return to normal

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I imagine some nay sayers will come out when the magna slings and/or hologram feature is revealed.
Remember how excited people were on ST laser starfield until was actually shown weeks later? So I'm predicting at least one of the two features will rub some people the wrong way and pinside will return to normal

I defintely remember the great laser debate. As an STLE owner, I still think it's pretty cool. It was just way over hyped. If you think of it as a neat lighting effect, it doesn't disappoint. I'm like Pavlov's dog with that mode. When I see the lights, I know fun multiball and easy jackpots are coming!

I have to laugh about GB controversy. The pro is a really fun game. I played it a lot at TPF and watched many more games being played. Even on very primitively code, it was really enjoyable.I would be happy to own one. As some one who ordered the premium, I broke my own rule of playing it first. I may very well go find an LE and play it before my premium shows up. If I don't like the effects, I can easily downgrade to the pro and get one heck of a fun game.

This thread needs more pictures. Here is one from TPF. You can see my ghost in it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#110 8 years ago

My wife ordered an LE from Automated Services after playing it at TPF. She preferred the artwork on the LE. Our local distributor was sold out of the 5 he was allocated so Stern referred us to Automated - we should have it in a few weeks.

#111 8 years ago

LE ORDERED. Love the green looks, amazing!!!

#112 8 years ago

order for a pro because there is not enough money in my pocket to buy a premium but happy !!!!!!!!!

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

My wife ordered an LE from Automated Services after playing it at TPF. She preferred the artwork on the LE. Our local distributor was sold out of the 5 he was allocated so Stern referred us to Automated - we should have it in a few weeks.

Did they give you an estimate when LE's were shipping?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

My distro said Stern is saying late April, but early May might be more likely for the LE.

#115 8 years ago

1) I haven't seen this much excitement for a game debuted at a big show since TBL at Chicago 2014, and that thrill is gone. 2} If it's the great art, how many more games will this young artist do? 3) A whole lot of these games will be in collections before the buzz dies off and even better games are built. 4) I'm happy to see the hobby excited. I may someday own this game. But, the wise buyer might wait until the code, unreliable parts, and market bubble have been corrected.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from stooped:

1) I haven't seen this much excitement for a game debuted at a big show since TBL at Chicago 2014, and that thrill is gone.

DP managed to F that up big time. Maybe they can salvage it and still produce a great pin. I've learned my lesson on pre order start ups and "fully paid".

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DP managed to F that up big time.

Unfortunately, very true.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

They said a few weeks - I guess as soon as Stern makes it.

#119 8 years ago

I have an LE on preorder. It's my first LE and probably the only time I'll go that route. I'm not a fan of preordering, but this game just looks so good to me that I put the order in without hesitation.

#120 8 years ago

I used to think those that pre ordered without sufficient information were foolish.

Now I've come to believe that it's more of a "pleasure seeking experience" with an element of risk for those with some money to blow. Even if things don't turn out as expected, the only harm is a small monitary loss.

So I say to you, enjoy your experience.

#121 8 years ago

Oh yeah, might as well ask....

Do you believe in ghosts?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I used to think those that pre ordered without sufficient information were foolish.
Now I've come to believe that it's more of a "pleasure seeking experience" with an element of risk for those with some money to blow. Even if things don't turn out as expected, the only harm is a small monitary loss.
So I say to you, enjoy your experience.

I kind of agree, but it's the weekly lottery ticket that I pay $5 for that's the real waste.
At least the prebuyers get the excitement of a new pin!

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I kind of agree, but it's the weekly lottery ticket that I pay $5 for that's the real waste.
At least the prebuyers get the excitement of a new pin!

I buy lottery tickets as well....I don't know imagining all the pinball machines I would buy if i won makes me smile and makes the money worth it to me.

#124 8 years ago

This will be my 2nd NIB, my first was Mustang Pro. I sold 2 of my games to get the GB Pro and no money down.

#125 8 years ago

Curious -- I just started digging into these threads and have not come across it yet -- what are the differences between pro and prem price points besides art? Pro still is all Rgb led, yes? Are both selling pretty close to msrp?

#126 8 years ago

Pro 5k
Premium 6700

Premium has hologram, crossover ramp, magnetic slings, two 3 dimensional plastics, under over ramp.

#127 8 years ago

Oh and 2 scoops with subway versus two saucers on pro

#128 8 years ago

Also the slimer moves around much more with side motion also . There is a actual ball lock and subway. Plus it has a metal apron

#129 8 years ago

That's a lot of toys on the premium / LE

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a lot of toys on the premium / LE

I swear, this is a compliment: if I took a shot everytime you say "toy(s)", I'd be drunk as a skunk before even going to work.

#131 8 years ago

Premium also has service rails pro has peg leg support. I believe most pro owners will add service rails which cost $50-60 (with shipping) plus time to install.

#132 8 years ago

If the magnetic slings are cool and the hologram and the subway ramp is as cool as it sounds this will be the most feature packed premium ever.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Oh yeah, might as well ask....
Do you believe in ghosts?

If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

#134 8 years ago

No one is going to make up your mind for you and knock you off the decision fence.

You and your family played the machine and liked it.
Buy or not buy it.
Go with your opinion.
If you are remain unsure wait for release and play one locally, there will be plenty in your area.
Purchasing a new machine of this title is not going to be an issue for a while.
You are not buying a prototype low production rare machine here.

One reality is nearly no one has played a Premium, so nobody knows if there are mechnical design issues with features.
Stern playtests their games on locations during the final part of the design phase less than 2 months now (in some cases less than 3 weeks), which as a result can lead to all sorts of problems unidentified.
Stern uses pinball shows are their "testing ground" instead with very little oversight from technical staff for notes.
This is a further cost saving procedure change from the BLY/WMS days.
This remains a critical stage because it lets the designers "step back" and have their work impartially evaluated.

I would recommend the latter (ie wait) as the game is still sample including code.
Too much hype, just like the Hobbit, and now the realities hit home (design flaws and code deficiencies).
What should be scary to some for example is the Hobbit right now is an $8k piece of art. Not a good start.
Ghostbusters is not as severe, but buyers should be wary.
Game maturity helps eliminate issues, if the game remains popular. If it becomes a dud, it fades.

#135 8 years ago

Not into the theme at all. Not anti GB, but never got into the movies growing up. Theme is pretty big for me. When I saw the first pictures and game play during the announcement I thought it looks really cool with the artwork and features though. This made me change my tune and I went to Texas Pinfest thinking I could be a buyer if it would be a good family pin since the theme certainly works and the shots and gameplay are good. JT made me wonder how hard it is when he said it plays brutal. I played and it is a pretty tough game that is pretty fast with tight shots and quick drains. I played it 3 times and did have one pretty good game and got 75 million. My initial impression is that it played alright. I liked the art and playfield better than the shots, call outs, sounds and video mode. Those will get better and better though. I won't judge a game on 3 plays because that is lame and nobody does that on Pinside.

Unfortunately I will have to pass GB because my wife and 7 and 10 year old kids, who know and like the theme, will just get their butts kicked and not play it. Too bad, but good for good players, which there are many here on Pinside. If I bought it GB would just be for me and my guests. If I did buy it the gameplay would have to be top notch, like at the same level of my ST, ACDC and IM, since I not a GB fan. It could have potential to do that, but time will tell. The best thing about a popular game that initially may not be for yourself is you probably will have friends who will buy it and 4 of my local friends are preordering already, so I will be able to dig in on their GB. This is like having friends with a boat! . Just because I am probably not in I do hope the game is a winner and people love owning and playing it, myself included. Should be a fun roll out!

I also love how GB is having people put games on the market to sell to get $ and space though. Could be me, but market seems to be flowing again. Thanks Stern!

#136 8 years ago

Do all distributors usually ship or do you have to pick it up sometimes from location? Factor in shipping costs on top of their price or is that usually included? (Sorry, I'm new to nib's)

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Do all distributors usually ship or do you have to pick it up sometimes from location? Factor in shipping costs on top of their price or is that usually included? (Sorry, I'm new to nib's)

I'll be picking mine up directly from my distro. Short ride.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Unfortunately I will have to pass GB because my wife and 7 and 10 year old kids, who know and like the theme, will just get their butts kicked and not play it. If I bought it GB would just be for me and my guests. If I did buy it the gameplay would have to be top notch, like at the same level of my ST, ACDC and IM,

Just curious, How do the wife and kids feel about IM? Its a crazy short game and brutally fast, but my wife and kids loved it. It's the one game I sold that my wife wishes I had kept and kids always ask when I am buying a pin, "Is it another Iron man?" yet it kicked their butts every time.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

I'll be picking mine up directly from my distro. Short ride.

I paid an additional drop ship charge of $100 on top of the standard shipping charge in order to have the machine shipped from Stern, directly to me.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I also love how GB is having people put games on the market to sell to get $ and space though. Could be me, but market seems to be flowing again. Thanks Stern!

I've noticed this too. I remember thinking that might happen when GOT was announced but it didn't This title however has brought a ton of games to market. Some I've never even seen before.

#141 8 years ago

Great fun theme with amazing art, but dropped the ball with no LCD.

Sorry, I know the dots are better then GOT, but I'm done with NIB games till it's released. Vibrant colors all over the game, then the bland DMD. I wish they would have delayed this theme and released a VE in the meantime. Might look a little dated shortly, but I'm sure it will be a blast just the same.

#142 8 years ago

Got a LE but it really is sad Stern hasn't gotten a lcd in yet I think someone else said a 14in laptop screen would fit perfect between the speakers it really is a embarrassment for the company. At least we know color dmd will come.

#143 8 years ago

The real driver for Stern to put in a ColorDMD or LCD should be from a CARBON UNITS perspective. So much more CARBON UNITS put into the environment because of this single decision of not to put in the final solution.

Why possibly contribute to Global Warming when you don't have to, IF you make the correct decision. Its about leadership and decision making, IMHO.

If a LCD ColorDMD is put in at time of initial sale, think of the ENERGY saved and Carbon maintained in its current valence state.
1. Orange Dot DMD is not manufactured. (How much energy and water is used for this? Total Carbon Units?)
2. ColorDMD is not required to be shipped (more Carbon Units)
3. Orange Dot DMD doesn't need to be resold and shipped (more carbon units)
4. No one complains any more (personal carbon units)
5. Others....
6. It will cost me less!!

Maybe a different approach will persuade the folks at Stern who make the decisions. Think about it from a Global perspective.

BTW: I am a buyer of GBLE

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

This one's impossible. If Stern ships a DMD, complaints are at status quo. Once Stern ships an LCD complaints can only go up. It's too big, it's too small, the animations aren't nice enough, it's in the wrong place, it should look like dots, it shouldn't look like dots, the price increase is too much...

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Just curious, How do the wife and kids feel about IM? Its a crazy short game and brutally fast, but my wife and kids loved it. It's the one game I sold that my wife wishes I had kept and kids always ask when I am buying a pin, "Is it another Iron man?" yet it kicked their butts every time.

Good point. IM is fun for my wife and son even though it is tough as nails. I guess IM is good because we all love the theme.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Not interested at all but reserve the right to change my opinion when I play it. I don't think anyone can make a fair assessment if they have not played it. Anything new generates excitement and Ghostbusters is something that allot of us can relate to, but the theme does not do it for me.

Finally someone who makes sense.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've noticed this too. I remember thinking that might happen when GOT was announced but it didn't This title however has brought a ton of games to market. Some I've never even seen before.

I thought GOT would bring up more of people's games for sale also, but no go. 2015 had no games cause a stir with huge sales volume right off the bat - WWE, Whoa Nellie?? Kiss never soared and is waiting for code. TWD took a while to get going with people getting used to the layout and the early code, but is doing well now. Hobbit never really started to ship. TBL is slowly getting going. AMH good sales were low production. GOT sales are not huge according to Pinside ownership, but should get going later on, but GB will take sales away.

We needed GB to get the preowned market going! Get SW announced in 2016 and let the flood gates open and really see a lot of great preowned games on the market! Oh shit Aerosmith. Close the flood gates!

#148 8 years ago

Carbon emissions from a DMD.

That's a new one!

#149 8 years ago

I have grave concerns because John Trudeau designed Ghostbusters. His two efforts for Stern thus far (Mustang and Wrestlemania) have both had fatal flaws in their design. So although the overall consensus is to hype this one over the top, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

The real driver for Stern to put in a ColorDMD or LCD should be from a CARBON UNITS perspective. So much more CARBON UNITS put into the environment because of this single decision of not to put in the final solution.
Why possibly contribute to Global Warming when you don't have to, IF you make the correct decision. Its about leadership and decision making, IMHO.
If a LCD ColorDMD is put in at time of initial sale, think of the ENERGY saved and Carbon maintained in its current valence state.
1. Orange Dot DMD is not manufactured. (How much energy and water is used for this? Total Carbon Units?)
2. ColorDMD is not required to be shipped (more Carbon Units)
3. Orange Dot DMD doesn't need to be resold and shipped (more carbon units)
5. Others....
6. It will cost me less!!
Maybe a different approach will persuade the folks at Stern who make the decisions. Think about it from a Global perspective.
BTW: I am a buyer of GBLE

Please tell me you are joking. My brain tells me you have to be but one never knows. For everyone's sake I'll forgo the MMGW is bullshit argument but I can tell you that a business does not give a fuck about carbon units or credits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-overall-consensus-on-ghostbusters-and-who-is-buying/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.