(Topic ID: 155611)

What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LarryMac
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
11b5ib_(resized).jpg

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

I don't ever start these threads but I have never really been excited about a Stern until now. I pretty much liked everything about the GB at the TPF and that was the pro. I decided to cancel my pre order for TBL and get one using the money I got for selling WOZ. All of you know I have never really liked Stern pins at all and have never had anything good to say about them. BUT, I found myself playing the newer Sterns over and over at the TPF forsaking all the others. My wife and I kept going back and forth to Kiss, TWDLE, Metallica, IM and of course GB when the line was not a mile long. She was not interested in TBL or THLE but she did love GB and when she got her name on it for the Scary Dog mode or some shit she got to brag and was excited and told me to get that one instead of TBL so I did. I just sent in my deposit.

#2 3 years ago

I like the look of it, I hope the codegets upgraded quick so those wwho do buy can enjoy the game

I cannot afford one ( both $$ and space )

#3 3 years ago

11b5ib_(resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Package looks great so far so I hope the code turns out well.

#5 3 years ago

Sold my TZ to help fund my LE Ghostbusters. Loved my TZ, but I got plenty of miles out of it. GB looks like it's going to be unique at the very least (especially with the magnet slings), so even if it ends up being a dud it'll stand out in a line up.

Very, very excited.

#6 3 years ago

I'm more curious as to what the long term popularity of this title will be. Will it be an instant classic and hold tremendous value, like TAF, TZ, TOM, CV, and so on were/are? Or will this all this hype saturate the market and squelch any post collectible factors? I guess that's only speculative, but for me, it'd be a great determining factor in making a purchase.

#7 3 years ago

TBL was fun to play and looked cool but didn't blow me away. It's a great pin but feels like an okay game pimped out with super premium features. There was some cool features but things like the bowling subgame and rug where meh. Maybe the high price affected my opinion. GB just seemed like a more interesting game, cooler toys, and just more fun to play. Everything just seemed more bright, colorful, and inviting. I'm definitely going for one but not right now. Maybe later this year or next year depending on finances.

#8 3 years ago

I'm worried it will be too "Data Easty" for me and be a their classic 10lbs of sh*^ in a 5lbs bag. This is just from looking at it, haven't got a chance to play it yet.
I have a pro on order.

#9 3 years ago

It's a winner. It doesn't feel sega-e or data east-e. I have 3 pros on order

#10 3 years ago

Played the pro, loved it, LE on order

#11 3 years ago

Its all about the Code , i really hope it Will be great so I can buy
One in a few months

#12 3 years ago

I have LE on order. Crossing fingers that code is good. I don't care if its great right out of the box...just hope they keep it up. This is coming from a person who stuck it out with my STLE and still would like to see a little polish on the STLE mode start code.

#13 3 years ago

the game looks amazing, no doubt, one of the best PF artwork.

but i have to play it first, i want to see that right ramp in person. that's one of the thing that i don't like about it, the ball can barely make it up the ramp.
i'd take the subway ramp and back to the left flipper over the cheap looking fire station and plastic city over the pop bumpers any day.
but they had to cut something somewhere to justify the price of the premium and LE.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

It's a winner. It doesn't feel sega-e or data east-e. I have 3 pros on order

Only three,step up man

#15 3 years ago

Marty "Doc, you won't believe it, Stern made a game with multiple interactive toys and hand drawn artwork"

Doc "I don't believe it!"

GB is going to go down as one of the best pins ever made. It has everything going for it.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GB is going to go down as one of the best pins ever made. It has everything going for it.

That's not a universal opinion; seems there are people not liking the bi-sexual ramp deal. I'll have to play it when I get it; I hope it's a great one.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hyperbole much? C'mon. Let's wait for it to actually be released to decide.

Personally I think it takes 5-6 years to decide if a game is really "good" or not.

#18 3 years ago

....ordered L.E. Numbers 161.....

#19 3 years ago

I loved the GB at TPF, and right now I will definitely get one. I will wait until premiums are rolling out though and hopefully even get to play a few games before I pull the trigger. The MMR pre-order burn marks have not yet fully healed, so I'm in no rush to place an order...

#20 3 years ago

I can't afford it, but I would love to get a GB premium. If Stern had managed to put a color LCD in GB I think I would have had to find the funds somewhere (and risk irritating my wife by buying another pin). GB without color LCD still looks great to me. But if the upcoming Stern Star Wars pin has terrific artwork and long-awaited full color LCD would it be even more desireable than GB? I probably can't afford either one, but I sure can't afford both.

#22 3 years ago

after playing the pro at TPF i think it has a lot of potential to be a great pin but will wait for it to evolve as they will be making these for awhile so in no hurry to buy

#23 3 years ago

I really liked the pro at TPF. But I need space for it and will have to sell something. Need to see if it will be a long term keeper or not before buying. So I'll wait for the code to get flushed out and play the premium for a while before deciding.

#24 3 years ago

I have an LE on order I set up before seeing the pin. A+ theme for our family. After seen vids of it in action, I'm pumped. Can't see how it's not a winner.

Sold LOTR to help fund. I've had enough 45min + games to know that I don't belong in Valinor.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have an LE on order I set up before seeing the pin. A+ theme for our family. After seen vids of it in action, I'm pumped. Can't see how it's not a winner.
Sold LOTR to help fund. I've had enough 45min + games to know that I don't belong in Valinor.

Good to see you have not sold my Met Prem. Yet.

I am in the GBLE club also.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

. Can't see how it's not a winner.

It can end up just not "feeling right." I hope not, but you never know.

Did you get to Valinor with the glass off before you sold it? It did that with Met right before I sold it.

#27 3 years ago

I really want one. Had a few issues with my GOT LE that kind of put me off from the idea of pre-ordering an unreleased NIB for a while. The pro looks outstanding. Once I get word that everybody's is playing great I'll be all over a premium! Waiting is gonna SUCK

#28 3 years ago

If this thing plays as good as it looks and people say, I'm im! Waiting to get my hands on it for 20+ games before I decide. Looking good!

#29 3 years ago

The package appears to be Stern's best effort in quite a long time.

I am willing to take the risk and bought an LE. If it turns out to be a turd, oh well.

#30 3 years ago

Also played it at TPF., never seen that many folks wait in line to play any stern pin. And I saw the same people in line again and again along with other new players.

With very early code we found it one of the most fun stern pins in many years. Without a doubt this is a winner out of the box and is going to be a huge seller for stern.
It simply has the complete package and again a blast to play.

#31 3 years ago

LE ordered ! Arrives Here about MAY , maybe!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It can end up just not "feeling right." I hope not, but you never know.
Did you get to Valinor with the glass off before you sold it? It did that with Met right before I sold it.

I didn't. I might have done it but it sold in less than 24 hours so I didn't think about it.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Good to see you have not sold my Met Prem. Yet.
I am in the GBLE club also.

Haha don't sell my Tron!

#34 3 years ago

Ordered an LE and a Pro just before it was officially announced. Hoping there aren't too may problems with play.

Still waiting for Stern to resolve the GOT LE left orbit issue.

#35 3 years ago

GBLE on order but willing to upgrade

#36 3 years ago

Waiting to see how mag slings work. Initial impression after playing a pro is that I want a premium. I do not like the seemingly pointless right ramp on the pro.

Also, prepare for HORRIBLE airballs in the just-out-of-box experience..it's going to need some tweaking. Scoleri bros @ Expo were so bad that I had one go from the left drop target twice, once across the right sling into the outlane, once into the shooter lane, and both times it bricked the target and did not drop it. Other than that, and the bizarre way the right ramp works on the pro, I thought it was an AWESOME game.

#37 3 years ago

I think it looks great but I'll buy a Pre in a year, done with jumping the gun with NIB, let the code mature, let the mods come out be installed then grab a nice loaded GB's.

#39 3 years ago

I see that the hype train is still alive and well on Pinside.

#40 3 years ago

LE ordered and hopefully will join our collection end June 2016 in Australia.

#41 3 years ago

LE...tried to buy 2, only secured one.

#42 3 years ago

Prem ordered. Looking forward to it. Definitely one of the most hyped games in a while.

Never seen a game like this have so many mods in development BEFORE the game was released.

#43 3 years ago

I have to say for me one of the best aspects thats GB's brings to the pin market and hopefully is realized by all the manufactuers is that it doesn't have to be modern theme (film/TVetc.) in anyway to succeed in fact quite the opposite, so bring on Jaws, Blade Runner, Total Recall, Outer Limits, EvilDead etc. the fact that its GB's has created so much enthusiam and while not a must have for me it does possess that feeling of nostalgia and with in the real generation who actually buys pins, Aliens is on the right track and I know there are old themes being made but its hard to deny this titles impact, we seem to be in love with this game and so few of us have even tried it yet.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

All of you know I have never really liked Stern pins at all and have never had anything good to say about them. BUT, I found myself playing the newer Sterns over and over at the TPF forsaking all the others. My wife and I kept going back and forth to Kiss, TWDLE, Metallica, IM and of course GB when the line was not a mile long.

I'm paraphrasing Nate/Josh Shapre here, but totally agree. The quality of Sterns games over the last few years has been outstanding. IMHO, they have produced 5 or more games that rival the best the 90s ever saw. The hits seem to just keep on coming. They are new, reliable and really really fun.

My NIB sterns have been Spider-Man, ACDC Prem and STLE. No regrets. I'm in for a GB Prem as well. I played the pro about 10 games total and loved it. With headphones on, I heard a lot of the callouts and they were good. I think you will really enjoy this one.

#45 3 years ago

My newest pin is a AC/DC pro that I bought at least a full year and a half after the release. Never considered a NIB before having a chance to play it. Fell in love with the Game of Thrones pro at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Played both the pro and LE at the Expo and preferred the pro. It went to the top of my purchase list.
All that changed after hearing about the GB release and watching over 2 hours of dead flip coverage of game play. Love the theme. Love the artwork. Game play looks awesome. I put a deposit down for a GB premium.
The hardest part is going to be the wait.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Only three,step up man

Ha yeah. Ones for a buddy as his first pin, ones on route, ones for me

#47 3 years ago

Interested, but also thinking of Tron VE if and when. I'm busting at the seems.

#48 3 years ago

Tron VE........

#49 3 years ago

Im in for a LE.

#50 3 years ago

Played GB twice at TPF.
Loved it.
The sound was spectacular with the provided headphones.

I have a Premium on order for my personal collection and a Pro coming for my arcade business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside