6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jackontherocks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

What is the theme that you dislike the most and why?

#2 6 years ago

Tough question, don't think I dislike themes just games play is what counts for me, any theme is tolerable as long as the game play is good.

#3 6 years ago

Car themes do absolutely nothing for me. Shame too, cause I really like the gameplay on HS2 and Corvette

#4 6 years ago

If you are talking about the machines that I own, I do not have a theme that I dislike.

#5 6 years ago

Any license that becomes irrelevant with time.
24, Congo, etc.
Maverick, which I own, would also fall in that category, but I think the poker/western theme gives it something besides just the movie.

#6 6 years ago

KISS

(and mind you, I like some of their songs, and LOVE Detroit Rock City, but the reality shows they did in later days totally ruined it for me)

#8 6 years ago

Cartoon themed games, TMNT, Simpsons, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Popeye.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Any license that becomes irrelevant with time.
24, Congo, etc.
Maverick, which I own, would also fall in that category, but I think the poker/western theme gives it something besides just the movie.

Oh, and even more so, when they pick the movie version of something that would otherwise be classic, like the Flintstones. I think for Judge Dredd they steered clear of that pitfall and the machine is way more timeless than if it had Stallone's ugly mug on it.

#10 6 years ago

For me, it's wrestling and basketball.

Yet I love NBA Fast Break.

Almost forgot: Soccer. And yet I love WCS94.

#11 6 years ago

Horror. Pinball or not, it does nothing for me.

#13 6 years ago

100%. No Clowns. Some Em pins have very large art work of clowns.
No, Bozo, Ronald McDonald (different reason), Puddles the Pity Clown, or even J.P. Patches(RIP)

#14 6 years ago

Any band. Basically any new Stern from the last 3 years.

#15 6 years ago

Sorry to say that but...Kiss.
Could not even believe it was a plausible pin.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sorry to say that but...Kiss.
Could not even believe it was a plausible pin.

Not only plausible, but one of of the largest selling pins ever with over 17,000 units sold .

#17 6 years ago

WOZ is just awful as a theme

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not only plausible, but one of of the largest selling pins ever with over 17,000 units sold .

Indeed. In 1979 when the pin was in arcades, 15 to 20 year olds (at that time) were still riding the wave of KISS fandom.

#19 6 years ago

Road construction

#21 6 years ago

Jokerz (Card Games)

#23 6 years ago

Aging rock stars 20 years past their relevancy.

#24 6 years ago

LOTR fantasy type stuff.

#25 6 years ago

Wow I didn't know I hated that theme but I saw a Mars God of War at the Tacoma convention this PM and I add that to my list.

#27 6 years ago

Country music pins, which pretty much just comes down to Dolly Parton.

Oh wait, Roy Clark too.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

For me, it's wrestling and basketball.
Yet I love NBA Fast Break.
Almost forgot: Soccer. And yet I love WCS94.

Funny...all the same for me too. And yet I own AG Soccer-Ball.

#29 6 years ago

Redneck, wife beater stuff like NastyCar, Roads Ho, Fishy Tails, and Big Dumb Hunter

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sure... In the 80's. I was talking about a 2014 Kiss pin!
I really thought it was a joke!

#31 6 years ago

NBA fastbreak, though i'm actually pretty decent at it.

#32 6 years ago

Corvette, Mustang.

Sports themed pins (NBA, SJ. WCS)

Any of the recent Stern pins

Can't have any clown pins (had to sell Jumping Jack), Funhouse or Circus Voltaire because the women in my life hate clowns and think Rudy is freaky.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any of the recent Stern pins

Then why do you own a Star Trek le ?

New sterns are the Shitznitz !!!

#34 6 years ago

For me rbon is the worst theme pinball ...

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sure... In the 80's. I was talking about a 2014 Kiss pin!

Dude, that was the 70s. Mid to early 70s. Some close to 40 years ago. Novel in their day to kids that were younger than me. What's that tell ya? Isn't there something more current? Back in the 90s DMD machines were made on movies and themes that might of sucked, but at least they were current. Is now the time to make pinball machines that might suck based on themes that are no longer current?

#36 6 years ago
#38 6 years ago

WOZ the audio alone makes my ears bleed

#39 6 years ago

Any pin themed as billiards. I wanna play pinball, not eight ball with a silverball hitting targets.
I know eight ball deluxe is supposed to be one of the grail pins, but the theme kills it for me

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Horror. Pinball or not, it does nothing for me.

Threads like this are awesome, because I feel the exact opposite. Horror is hands-down my favorite theme.

I guess my least favorite pinball themes are sports (though I love sports in real life) and circus/clown stuff.

#42 6 years ago

I could agree on KISS too. I could not have one in my house. The sight of them is the visual equivalence to me of nails on a chalk board.

#43 6 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire, CSI, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Wheel of Fortune are all pretty bad for modern titles.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

WOZ is just awful as a theme

Yes I agree, worst theme for my taste but best game I've played to date, so I can handle it. Theme's are overrated in imo.

#45 6 years ago

SW:Ep1. Can't get past the JarJar.

#46 6 years ago

Anything involving Sci Fi. LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. I own a T2, but don't like the terminator movies.

#47 6 years ago

Shrek and Mustang...........

#48 6 years ago

Clown/Circus, no interest

#49 6 years ago

Pinballs with creepy heads...
Funhouse and Road Show
I think of Chucky when I see those pinballs.
Imagine Rudy saying: Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?

#50 6 years ago

For new games only--horror and rock bands, also card playing themes just because it's been done for decades over and over. Same with pool playing themes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 29.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Westminster, BC
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside