(Topic ID: 242913)

What is your martial status. How many pins do you own.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your martial status. How many pins do you own. ”

• Single. Never married 46 votes
      8%
    • Single. Divorced. 24 votes
      4%
    • Married. 206 votes
      35%
    • Married twice. 31 votes
      5%
    • Married thrice. 4 votes
      1%
    • Children at home. 113 votes
      19%
    • Children. Grown and gone. 39 votes
      7%
    • How many pins in your collection. 120 votes
      21%

(Multiple choice - 583 votes by 327 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D50A54E3-2E66-4121-93B2-FB3E8236301B (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    2475D791-FFD0-4C80-840E-664B4CF4CF8E (resized).jpeg
    D7B1A531-5928-4772-8B13-4138CB838654 (resized).jpeg
    stars (resized).jpg
    window kiba2 (resized).jpg
    Black Belt (resized).jpg
    Pict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpg
    20170412_140407 (resized).jpg
    pin6 (resized).jpg
    8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png
    PinFamily.JPG

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago

Married 26 years with 4 boys.

I’ve got 12 Pins and a few arcades. My wife is totally supportive of my pinball, although she isn’t really interested in it. She’s got her own hobbies and interests.

My boys have all played on and off with my youngest really enjoying it.

I’m not sure that family correlates much with the hobby, but I feel very fortunate to have a big family and the support of my wife in the hobby.

D50A54E3-2E66-4121-93B2-FB3E8236301B (resized).jpegD50A54E3-2E66-4121-93B2-FB3E8236301B (resized).jpeg
    #152 4 years ago

This is a funny thread because I know a friend or two that actually use their wives as excuses for why they are selling or buying... when I know it's all BS. I kind of chuckle that they use them as an excuse like they do..

For example, when my friend wants to move a pin that he just bought and is going to take a loss on it, and we had talked before about how it was a bad decision in the first place, it's because of his wife in some way (LOL)... ahh she just doesn't like the title or theme so I have to move it. But when he really wants a title and she doesn't want it for whatever reason (they don't have the money right then or whatever), he's like ohh screw her, she'll get over it.

Now I know sometimes these things are legit for some of you, but I'm telling you, a lot of times they are not FOR SOME of us pinball collectors.,

#153 4 years ago

Married 38 years. No kids by mutual choice. (No kids was a deal breaker with some previous girlfriends.)
    2 German shepherd dogs now (lost 4 others over the last twenty-five years). I love my dog more than anything.
    16 pins + 2 linked Cruis'n Exoticas, but only 1 game acquired in the last 12 years (Stern Mustang premium in 2014).
    My wife never plays and only enters the game room to see if I've snuck anything new in when she wasn't looking (I have not).

#154 4 years ago

Been married 14 years with 12 yr old. My wife
    plays once in a while when she enters game room and lets dog out or finishes her workout.
    I have 16 pins total and tend to rotate games here and there due to space limits. She never really pays attention to what I have thank god. It’s not like I pick up new games every other month though. My son got into pinball when he was younger but now forget it with all Xbox crap now.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Wives: 1
    Kids: 2
    Dogs: 1
    Cats: 2
    Pinball: 6

One pinball each!

Quoted from FalconDriver:

My son got into pinball when he was younger but now forget it with all Xbox crap now.

I never figured out the Xbox attraction! Pinball has everything I need!

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-martial-status-how-many-pins-do-you-own-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.