(Topic ID: 242913)

What is your martial status. How many pins do you own.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your martial status. How many pins do you own. ”

• Single. Never married 46 votes
      8%
    • Single. Divorced. 24 votes
      4%
    • Married. 206 votes
      35%
    • Married twice. 31 votes
      5%
    • Married thrice. 4 votes
      1%
    • Children at home. 113 votes
      19%
    • Children. Grown and gone. 39 votes
      7%
    • How many pins in your collection. 120 votes
      21%

(Multiple choice - 583 votes by 327 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D50A54E3-2E66-4121-93B2-FB3E8236301B (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    2475D791-FFD0-4C80-840E-664B4CF4CF8E (resized).jpeg
    D7B1A531-5928-4772-8B13-4138CB838654 (resized).jpeg
    stars (resized).jpg
    window kiba2 (resized).jpg
    Black Belt (resized).jpg
    Pict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpg
    20170412_140407 (resized).jpg
    pin6 (resized).jpg
    8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png
    PinFamily.JPG
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

2009: married, 3 pins
    2016: widower, 30 pins
    Nowadays, scaled back to a dozen.

similar for me. only had a single pin while married, 2014:widower, currently own 20 pins.

3 kids, 1 dog (great dane, so basically kid #4) only one kid still at home, but he is 18 and graduating high school in a few weeks!! (wooohoooo)

condolences to the others that have lost spouses, was married to a very wonderful woman for 24 years, that totally accepted my two speeds, balls to the wall or not at all. so was very supportive of ALL of my hobbies. Would give up everything to have her back.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

similar for me. only had a single pin while married, 2014:widower, currently own 20 pins.
    3 kids, 1 dog (great dane, so basically kid #4) only one kid still at home, but he is 18 and graduating high school in a few weeks!! (wooohoooo)
    condolences to the others that have lost spouses, was married to a very wonderful woman for 24 years, that totally accepted my two speeds, balls to the wall or not at all. so was very supportive of ALL of my hobbies. Would give up everything to have her back.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah I don't even care my wife punches my balls everytime I buy a machine. Thankful she is around to do it!

#103 4 years ago

Married 29 years, 2 adult kids living with us, 5 pins for now. House paid off next year, cars all owned, no debt.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

I’m so sorry man.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

House paid off next year

AKA more pins on the way next year!!! Congrats on the house pay off being right on the horizon!!! And your upcoming 30 years of marriage!!!

#106 4 years ago

Married, two grown kids. I had a single EM for 15 years, then got five 90s B/W pins when my kids were in elementary school. Kids are now gone and mortgage paid. Just bought my 53rd pin today (a Congo)

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This hobby sure does attract people from all walks of life. . The answers are interesting.

As mentioned in my opening post,, I never got around to getting married. I have been with my girl friend now for 15 years running. She has/we have a Chihuahua who thinks he is people. Usually, when we go, he goes.

Don't Marry her !! If it's going smOOth now ,, Let it B .... Take Gene Simmons for instance ,,, he and Shannon tweed lived 2-gether 4 20 some years , raised 2 kid's ,, On the 4th Season of their Reality show ( Family Jewel's ) thay gOt Married ... 1 year later the show ended and they Divorced .. hmmm

Be cOol brother ,,, B_R

#108 4 years ago

Married to my wonderful wife SuAnn for the last 23 years. Owned 644 pins but she only let me keep 75 of those.....LOL.

#109 4 years ago

Been with my wife for 17 years. 2 kids 18,15, 3 dogs, 5 mini donkeys, 1 Z-donk, 4 emu,2 ostrich. And 35 pins.

#110 4 years ago

that sounds like one of those rare Japanese-only arcade cabinets

#111 4 years ago

1 wife, 25 years
    No kids
    No dogs or cats
    2 pins
    Would be 3 if artwork on Wonka wasn’t so lame. But I digress...

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

1 wife, 25 years
    No kids
    No dogs or cats
    2 pins
    Would be 3 if artwork on Wonka wasn’t so lame. But I digress...

Just buy potc and you will be happy

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

No pins when I was married with triplets. Even if bug bit me,
    not much money back then. Widowed in 2011 and started collecting
    few years later. Easy to build up a collection when it just me and
    the kids. No idea how you married guys get away with spending that
    kind of money on pins.

I'm sorry for your loss, I cant imagine life without my wife.

As far as spending, I just make sure she and or the kids are happy, then I'm good to buy another. She recently wanted a Dolly Parton, which I bought for her. I try to keep everyone happy when it comes to this hobby.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Totally sucks man, sorry to hear that.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Married for 3rd and last time. 3 pins also. Might rotate the 3rd one frequently.

Rotate which one? The pin or the wife?

#116 4 years ago

What should not be said to a girl? If you are trying to have a perfect date, to achieve the girl’s desire to meet you again, then it is better to learn the themes which you should not start at the first stages of acquaintance. Use this knowledge during dating, why not to find out more? The same thing is important for online dating. This rule works even better here. You have to do your best to move the internet acquaintance to a real-time meeting level.

#117 4 years ago

Married going on 18 years, one pin that I bought with her on our 2nd date. One daughter, 2 cats, a boat, and a major house reno. After the house and dock are done, will add another pin or so.

#118 4 years ago

Where's the option for was Married but Widowed? I guess I don't count … ;(

Edit never mind I see I have a lot of company here in this regard. Pinball is fun but also would give them all away and then some to have her back!

2 months later
    #119 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Where's the option for was Married but Widowed? I guess I don't count … ;(
    Edit never mind I see I have a lot of company here in this regard. Pinball is fun but also would give them all away and then some to have her back!

I can’t even fathom what you guys went through. Like losing 1/2 of your soul. I’m gonna go hug my wife and tell her.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Married for 3rd and last time

Quoted from parsonsaj:

but might rotate the 3rd one pretty frequently.

Seems like that would work.

#121 4 years ago

Never been married. Own about 25 machines. They are in every room I want them to be.

#122 4 years ago

Married, 1 kid, 14-15 machines.

#123 4 years ago

Married, 6 pins , 2 dogs.
    Wife doesnt giving me too much grief when I want to buy a pin; I just need to limit myself to 1 or 2 a year.

#124 4 years ago

Hired a woman to write books and teach at a mortgage school I founded back in 01. She eventually bought out my partner and became my partner in business and in life. School closed after financial crisis. She went to work for mortgage companies as an executive as I played golf and pinball and then retired because I'm unemployable. She lives between Reno and here in San Clemente and gives me enough "household money" to live well. Her idea of retirement is getting a law degree and having a consulting business for financial institutions. My life is helping with my granddaughter, playing pinball and golf. Opposites attract. She got me into pinball, and I have 5 machines and she has 1.

#125 4 years ago

I’m seperated with 1 child, 6 pins, black belt 3rd dan.

#126 4 years ago

at 41 I now understand that i will probably be alone all of my life. some people just aren't on that 'level' that females are on, i guess i just never got along with them or something.

i will say that i don't think i ever would have been able to enjoy my pinball lifestyle and collection though if i ever had children and a wife. it just wouldn't be in my budget.

#127 4 years ago

Married for 12 years, 1 kid, 3 dogs and 2 cats, 3 damn mortgages finally just turned into 1 (whew) ...so 6 pins is soon turning into 8! Nice how that worked out...

#128 4 years ago

I hated kids and never wanted have kids. I mean I really really don't like kids and can't stand them. I met my wife 3 years ago on a blind date i was on with someone else but saw my wife with her girlfriends at the bar so I excused myself from my blind date and rest is history. She's my best friend and he gets my personality better than any women I've been with. I didn't plan to have a baby but shit happens and my daughter was born. In 9 days she will have her 1st birthday party.

I'm writing this because I see many guys writing "don't want kids". Trust me guys, I was one of you. I've broken many relationships due to the fact that I would never budge on having kids. But now i have one and she's the greatest gift and blessing. I can't wait to take her to a pinball show in few years.
    Married to my best friend that has no interest in pinball but encourages my hobby cuz she knows it makes me happy. 1 daughter, 6pins(had more but found out I don't play it as much when I had bigger collection)

To all the widowers, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

window kiba2 (resized).jpgwindow kiba2 (resized).jpgstars (resized).jpgstars (resized).jpg
    #129 4 years ago

If we’re adding pics of kids then I’m in ☺️

2475D791-FFD0-4C80-840E-664B4CF4CF8E (resized).jpeg2475D791-FFD0-4C80-840E-664B4CF4CF8E (resized).jpegD7B1A531-5928-4772-8B13-4138CB838654 (resized).jpegD7B1A531-5928-4772-8B13-4138CB838654 (resized).jpeg
    #130 4 years ago

Are any of you into marital arts?

#131 4 years ago

Happily married 32 years, two kids and gone , only 4 pins atm , no room for more and too many other hobbies to do

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

If we’re adding pics of kids then I’m in

Me too.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #133 4 years ago

Married 24 years, two buried kids, two teenagers who get more hugs than you can imagine as a result of our lost two, plus one pin that me and both kids are really enjoying. One of these days they may even beat their dear old dad’s high score!

Looking forward to pin number two in the new year, budget permitting.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

If we’re adding pics of kids then I’m in ☺️[quoted image][quoted image]

You have your kid playing a nice looking Quicksilver. That is an admission ticket to any pinball thread.

#135 4 years ago

Married
    3 kids
    10 pinballs

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Martial status: White belt
    Marital status: Just married last year and currently with one
    pin, two dogs and no kids.
    (Wife got upset when I sold SFII last year, lol)

Wish I could upvote this twice. I’m more of a junior white belt though because I just got into pins.

4 pins, EM rifle, multicade
    Married 11 years with 2 kids

#137 4 years ago

Divorced. However in a very committed relationship for the last 11 years with a much better woman, so it all worked out well for me.

Pins... somewhere between 20 and 25 at any given time. I keep saying I want to cut down to about 15, but never quite make it there. Maybe next year.

#138 4 years ago

Married 12 years. 2 boys 4 and 6 that are a handful

At this time 13 pins. Will probably add JP at some point next year.

Have moved on to vids and coin op games in the last year or so. Throw a lot of parties with the neighborhood kids and family so my wife is cool with it because it is family time.

I sometimes question my parenting because my kids are masters at darts, Water pong (beer pong) and black jack so I am either preparing them well for college or failing miserably.

My real hobby is wakeboarding and my 6 year old is just starting to crush it. That makes pinball and arcade collecting look really cheap!

#139 4 years ago

Married. 3 year old and another one coming any day now. Picked up a new WOZ a few weeks ago figuring ill be spending a lot of time at home haha.

#140 4 years ago

We have been together for 8 years married for 5 years, have 1 beautiful daughter and we own 41 pinball machines together. Lifes good!

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I hated kids and never wanted have kids. I mean I really really don't like kids and can't stand them. I met my wife 3 years ago on a blind date i was on with someone else but saw my wife with her girlfriends at the bar so I excused myself from my blind date and rest is history. She's my best friend and he gets my personality better than any women I've been with. I didn't plan to have a baby but shit happens and my daughter was born. In 9 days she will have her 1st birthday party.
    I'm writing this because I see many guys writing "don't want kids". Trust me guys, I was one of you. I've broken many relationships due to the fact that I would never budge on having kids. But now i have one and she's the greatest gift and blessing. I can't wait to take her to a pinball show in few years.
    Married to my best friend that has no interest in pinball but encourages my hobby cuz she knows it makes me happy. 1 daughter, 6pins(had more but found out I don't play it as much when I had bigger collection)
    To all the widowers, I'm truly sorry for your loss.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is a beautiful post full of real life. Well done for sharing it.

#142 4 years ago

25 years married, 30 years into pins, own about 30, 18 set up.

So yesterday, I'm thinking about what I can get done on the weekend, and my wife torpedoes all my plans. She says "Let's drive to Chicago and go spend the day at Logan's, Emporium, etc."

Damn I love that girl.

Don C.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Martial status?

8 pins. I used to study Sogo Budo as far as the Martial thing goes.

#144 4 years ago

getting married in 8 days

before engagement
    3 games in dining room, 1 in living room, 6 in game room, 2 in garage, 1 at parents

after engagement,
    5 in game room, 2 at friends, 1 at parents, 4 in garage, 1 sold

she said she wanted a dining room, how can I argue with that lol

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

adopting this 18 year old Vietnamese girl,

Thanks, now I got these boots are made for walking playing in my head...

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

She's my best friend and he gets my personality better than any women

Well which is it?

#147 4 years ago

Single and Happy. No kids never wanted them still don’t had some women over the years try and trap me but to smart for that.

#148 4 years ago

Wives: 1
    Kids: 2
    Dogs: 1
    Cats: 2
    Pinball: 6

#149 4 years ago

Married 28 years.Wife never wanted kids which was fine by me.12 pins in 1992 down to 6 now.2 cats/2 dogs/3 deer and a peacock

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Married 24 years, two buried kids, two teenagers who get more hugs than you can imagine as a result of our lost two, plus one pin that me and both kids are really enjoying. One of these days they may even beat their dear old dad’s high score!

oh fuck I am so sorry for your loss.
    So many heartbreaks and joys in this thread.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-martial-status-how-many-pins-do-you-own-/page/3?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.