(Topic ID: 242913)

What is your martial status. How many pins do you own.

By cottonm4

11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by homebrood
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your martial status. How many pins do you own. ”

• Single. Never married 38 votes
      8%
    • Single. Divorced. 16 votes
      3%
    • Married. 172 votes
      36%
    • Married twice. 25 votes
      5%
    • Married thrice. 3 votes
      1%
    • Children at home. 96 votes
      20%
    • Children. Grown and gone. 31 votes
      7%
    • How many pins in your collection. 95 votes
      20%

(Multiple choice - 476 votes by 268 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Black Belt (resized).jpg
    Pict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpg
    20170412_140407 (resized).jpg
    pin6 (resized).jpg
    8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png
    PinFamily.JPG

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 days ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

2009: married, 3 pins
    2016: widower, 30 pins
    Nowadays, scaled back to a dozen.

similar for me. only had a single pin while married, 2014:widower, currently own 20 pins.

3 kids, 1 dog (great dane, so basically kid #4) only one kid still at home, but he is 18 and graduating high school in a few weeks!! (wooohoooo)

condolences to the others that have lost spouses, was married to a very wonderful woman for 24 years, that totally accepted my two speeds, balls to the wall or not at all. so was very supportive of ALL of my hobbies. Would give up everything to have her back.

#102 9 days ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

similar for me. only had a single pin while married, 2014:widower, currently own 20 pins.
    3 kids, 1 dog (great dane, so basically kid #4) only one kid still at home, but he is 18 and graduating high school in a few weeks!! (wooohoooo)
    condolences to the others that have lost spouses, was married to a very wonderful woman for 24 years, that totally accepted my two speeds, balls to the wall or not at all. so was very supportive of ALL of my hobbies. Would give up everything to have her back.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah I don't even care my wife punches my balls everytime I buy a machine. Thankful she is around to do it!

#103 9 days ago

Married 29 years, 2 adult kids living with us, 5 pins for now. House paid off next year, cars all owned, no debt.

#104 9 days ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

I’m so sorry man.

#105 9 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

House paid off next year

AKA more pins on the way next year!!! Congrats on the house pay off being right on the horizon!!! And your upcoming 30 years of marriage!!!

#106 9 days ago

Married, two grown kids. I had a single EM for 15 years, then got five 90s B/W pins when my kids were in elementary school. Kids are now gone and mortgage paid. Just bought my 53rd pin today (a Congo)

#107 8 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

This hobby sure does attract people from all walks of life. . The answers are interesting.

As mentioned in my opening post,, I never got around to getting married. I have been with my girl friend now for 15 years running. She has/we have a Chihuahua who thinks he is people. Usually, when we go, he goes.

Don't Marry her !! If it's going smOOth now ,, Let it B .... Take Gene Simmons for instance ,,, he and Shannon tweed lived 2-gether 4 20 some years , raised 2 kid's ,, On the 4th Season of their Reality show ( Family Jewel's ) thay gOt Married ... 1 year later the show ended and they Divorced .. hmmm

Be cOol brother ,,, B_R

#108 8 days ago

Married to my wonderful wife SuAnn for the last 23 years. Owned 644 pins but she only let me keep 75 of those.....LOL.

#109 8 days ago

Been with my wife for 17 years. 2 kids 18,15, 3 dogs, 5 mini donkeys, 1 Z-donk, 4 emu,2 ostrich. And 35 pins.

#110 8 days ago

that sounds like one of those rare Japanese-only arcade cabinets

#111 8 days ago

1 wife, 25 years
    No kids
    No dogs or cats
    2 pins
    Would be 3 if artwork on Wonka wasn’t so lame. But I digress...

#112 8 days ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

1 wife, 25 years
    No kids
    No dogs or cats
    2 pins
    Would be 3 if artwork on Wonka wasn’t so lame. But I digress...

Just buy potc and you will be happy

#113 7 days ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

No pins when I was married with triplets. Even if bug bit me,
    not much money back then. Widowed in 2011 and started collecting
    few years later. Easy to build up a collection when it just me and
    the kids. No idea how you married guys get away with spending that
    kind of money on pins.

I'm sorry for your loss, I cant imagine life without my wife.

As far as spending, I just make sure she and or the kids are happy, then I'm good to buy another. She recently wanted a Dolly Parton, which I bought for her. I try to keep everyone happy when it comes to this hobby.

#114 7 days ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Totally sucks man, sorry to hear that.

#115 7 days ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Married for 3rd and last time. 3 pins also. Might rotate the 3rd one frequently.

Rotate which one? The pin or the wife?

#116 1 day ago

What should not be said to a girl? If you are trying to have a perfect date, to achieve the girl’s desire to meet you again, then it is better to learn the themes which you should not start at the first stages of acquaintance. Use this knowledge during dating, why not to find out more? The same thing is important for online dating. This rule works even better here. You have to do your best to move the internet acquaintance to a real-time meeting level.

#117 1 day ago

Married going on 18 years, one pin that I bought with her on our 2nd date. One daughter, 2 cats, a boat, and a major house reno. After the house and dock are done, will add another pin or so.

#118 1 day ago

Where's the option for was Married but Widowed? I guess I don't count … ;(

Edit never mind I see I have a lot of company here in this regard. Pinball is fun but also would give them all away and then some to have her back!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside