(Topic ID: 242913)

What is your martial status. How many pins do you own.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your martial status. How many pins do you own. ”

• Single. Never married 46 votes
      8%
    • Single. Divorced. 24 votes
      4%
    • Married. 206 votes
      35%
    • Married twice. 31 votes
      5%
    • Married thrice. 4 votes
      1%
    • Children at home. 113 votes
      19%
    • Children. Grown and gone. 39 votes
      7%
    • How many pins in your collection. 120 votes
      21%

(Multiple choice - 583 votes by 327 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D50A54E3-2E66-4121-93B2-FB3E8236301B (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    2475D791-FFD0-4C80-840E-664B4CF4CF8E (resized).jpeg
    D7B1A531-5928-4772-8B13-4138CB838654 (resized).jpeg
    stars (resized).jpg
    window kiba2 (resized).jpg
    Black Belt (resized).jpg
    Pict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpg
    20170412_140407 (resized).jpg
    pin6 (resized).jpg
    8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png
    PinFamily.JPG
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago

Married, too few machines.

#52 4 years ago

Divorced. Have custody of my 8-yr old daughter 50% of the time. I got the house and paid her off spousal so no spousal. Have a GF who is the love of my life and we have NO plans of living under the same roof anytime soon. Keep the fires roaring, baby!

I have 24 pins.

#53 4 years ago

I have also been married for 15 years, got two 10 year old kids (twins!), and 2 bought pins.

I am an extremely lucky spouse. My wife encourages all of my crazy hobbies and inventions, even the dumb ones.

#54 4 years ago

No pins when I was married with triplets. Even if bug bit me, not much money back then. Widowed in 2011 and started collecting few years later. Easy to build up a collection when it just me and the kids. No idea how you married guys get away with spending that kind of money on pins.

#55 4 years ago

Married 9 years, 3 kids (enough), 5 pins (not enough).

#56 4 years ago

Married to a stay at home trophy wife of 19 years (dated for 8),no kids,21 pins.

#57 4 years ago

Married for 8 years, no kids (not planning on having any), 1 dog, 4 pins (for now).

#58 4 years ago

Married for 11 years with 5 kids. Currently 7 pins but plan on adding a few more over the next few years.

#59 4 years ago

Married, youngest in out of state college (Cornell!). 15 pins..room for a few more.

#60 4 years ago

Widowed late last year, purchased a single pin as a post-hobby when my all time favorite when I was a kid (High Speed) became available locally for a really good deal. 2 kids - - one graduates college this Saturday, the other goes into college in the fall. Insurance money paid off the house, so I have more disposable income to keep myself entertained. And I hate doing yard work, so that left pinball.

#61 4 years ago

Happily divorced, 12 pins, 1 arcade vg 3 slots and a Ford gumball

oh yeah, 2 old cats

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeVarney:

Widowed late last year, purchased a single pin as a post-hobby
    when my all time favorite when I was a kid (High Speed) became
    available locally for a really good deal. 2 kids - - one graduates
    college this Saturday, the other goes into college in the fall.
    Insurance money paid off the house, so I have more disposable
    income to keep myself entertained. And I hate doing yard work, so
    that left pinball.

Sorry for your loss too, bud.

#63 4 years ago

How many kids do you have? How many pets do you have? What is your credit card #? How many pins do you own? What is the expiry date on the credit card and the 3 digits on the back? What kind of vehicle do you move pins in?

#64 4 years ago

Married 34 years - 2 kids in college, both full ride scholarships and understanding wife with one rule - no pins upstairs. 25 pins in the basement/garage and out of space (addition?)

#65 4 years ago

married, 4 kids (3 college age), had 14 pins and sold them all about a year and half ago, just bought another pin to get back in the game. probably going to keep collection around 3 pins at a time this go around. I found I never played more than 2-3 pins at a time during certain periods of time. We will see how it goes

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Lol... These threads are great. I think ultimately it's not so much what you do, your marital status, how many kids or any of that. You just have to want something bad enough to make it happen. In this case, it's pinball. For the record, I got married once and still am, been together almost 14 years or so. 4 kids, with one on the way. Currently 7 pins, a puck bowler, fooseball and megatouch. I have had 15-20 pinball machines come, stay or go over the past 5 years.

Pretty much! Married 9 years this year with a 2.5 year old, 3 cats, 8 pins, and very happy. If you're with someone that doesn't at least at a minimum understand why you have whatever interests you have, you're with the wrong person .

#67 4 years ago

pin shower any one??

#68 4 years ago

Married 2 years and 11 Pins.

#69 4 years ago

Divorced. A little over 40 pins. 20 some when married. Bought twice as many pins since being divorced. Guess I'm married to my pins now.

#70 4 years ago

Married , kids married , 1 cat , 3 dogs , 13 pins , about 200 vids , many many of which are projects . Yes , the wife can get a little testy but she loves the pins

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If I'm married and have kids at home, which option should I choose? And what does a vote for "How many pins in your collection" mean?

You are not restricted to one option. Choose "married" and "children at home."

I blew it with the " how many pins do you own" question. My apologies.

#72 4 years ago

Married for almost 13 years. 2 kids and another one on the way due in July. I currently have 5 pins and rotate them out due to cost and space. I have a great wife who actually likes to play pinball with me!

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:I have 4 pins, one on the way,

Sounds like cigars are in order

#74 4 years ago

Married, 9 year old in Hockey, 12 year old in Competitive Dance, 85 lb Pitbull, Siamese cat that likes to bite the wife,
    20 pins with room for 5 more.

#75 4 years ago

Single, never married, not dating. The whole relationship thing just never really interested me all that much.

Two machines - one that was routed (bought from a private seller who had it in his house for a while) and another that was NIB. If I had a bigger house, I would have at least two more pins, but cheap ones that need some work.

At some point I want to get a dog, but I'm at work all day so it doesn't really make sense to have one.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

How many kids do you have? How many pets do you have? What is
    your credit card #? How many pins do you own? What is the expiry
    date on the credit card and the 3 digits on the back? What kind of
    vehicle do you move pins in?

I'm going for divorced and had 10 pins but 0 now

#77 4 years ago

Married. 1 little monster who runs around the house after playing POTC yelling “Iiiiiiii stole daddy’s gold!!(she’s 4 ). I just sold one of my pins so I’m down to one at the moment but have another on the way. Ughhhh wife says I only have room for 2.... I question her spacial recognition.

#78 4 years ago

Married almost 8 years. 2 kids, daughter is 6, son is 4. I’m 36 with 36 pins, one for each year. Had pins in my house since I was 9.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Happily divorced, 12 pins, 1 arcade vg 3 slots and a Ford
    gumball
    oh yeah, 2 old cats

Ford gumball?

#80 4 years ago

Married 30 yrs. 3 grown kids. 1 grandson. 6 pins.

#81 4 years ago

I don't see an option for, "Divorced, but living together for the last 5 years after being apart for 3 or 4 years, after being back together for a few years, after being apart for a few years, rinse repeat." We originally lived together for 15 years, then got married for 3 or was it 6, I'm not sure, but it went south from there. 10 pins or is it 12 or.........?

#82 4 years ago

Two girlfriends.
    51 pins.
    No Kids.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Ford gumball?

Ford gumball

8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png8FC96912-C4AA-4BDF-9FD0-4755F7C0C61E (resized).png
    #85 4 years ago

married, 2 pins (one that she grew up with) and one more on the way!

#86 4 years ago

Married. Almost 26 years. 2 daughters, 23 and 18. 6 pins. Never planned to have 6 pins...or kids or be married actually. Tell my car I love her

pin6 (resized).jpgpin6 (resized).jpg20170412_140407 (resized).jpg20170412_140407 (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago

Married 4 kids no pins. Kids gone, got divorced, now 10 pins.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Married, 9 year old in Hockey, 12 year old in Competitive Dance, Pitbull, Siamese who bites the wife...long story,
    20 pins with room for 5 more.

#89 4 years ago

I'm 26. Not married . No kids. 45 pins including every system 11

#90 4 years ago

Married, 2 days away from 33 years, 4 kids all grown, first grandchild on the way, 15 pins (including 2 projects), and a wife who’s getting too good and setting high scores on pins! A real blessing to have a wife who sometimes even encourages me to buy a pin!

#91 4 years ago

2nd Marriage in 05 ,, 1st daughter 07 , bought my 1st Pin in 08 , 2nd daughter 09 ,, I filed 4 divorce in 11 / 2015 ,, finalized in 2/ 16 ,,, I'm on my 290th pin and I do NOT miss the X .. All is gOOd ,, I got the House , my girl's and the Support .. I say I'll never get Married again , but if I dO ,
    It Will B , 4 Better or 4 get it !!

Pict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpgPict's of Alot 030 (resized).jpg
    #92 4 years ago

Married. 3 kids (9, 11, and 12). Currently 6 pins.

A working wife, living below your means, and a side job help. I really want to get a JJP, but I might have to up the ante and sell a kidney...or at least get the kids working yea, right!!

#93 4 years ago

Married 29 years, 3 kids (27, 25 and 22) 50 pins.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

What Is Your Martial Status. How Many Pins Do You Own.

Black Belt, 14 games set up, more awaiting restoration

Black Belt (resized).jpgBlack Belt (resized).jpg

#95 4 years ago

Married still happy after 30 years, daughter of 12 and 208 pins of which 50 are on location working for me.
    My life almost couldn't be better.

#96 4 years ago

Married almost 25 years, been collecting pins for over 30, at ~130 right now. Wife is wonderful with my obsession, didn't raise an eyebrow when I bought a building to turn into a mancave/shop!

#97 4 years ago

Not today Mr. IRS man, not today.

#98 4 years ago

In a relationship with a very understanding partner.
    119 pins - 80 in home residence with 39 overflow and various spare/replacement parts stored offsite.
    First pin purchase was 1993 so have been in the game for a while.

#99 4 years ago

Married for 31 years, started collecting pins about the same time,
    51 pins in collection now. Zero rug rats.
    Steve

#100 4 years ago

This hobby sure does attract people from all walks of life. . The answers are interesting.

As mentioned in my opening post,, I never got around to getting married. I have been with my girl friend now for 15 years running. She has/we have a Chihuahua who thinks he is people. Usually, when we go, he goes.

I bought (and later sold) my first pin in 2012. It was a BAly Playboy. In 2015, I started on my pin collecting venture. I have 7 pins up and running, another one folded up for a trade deal that will be happening in near future. And I have one in the process of being built from scratch.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-martial-status-how-many-pins-do-you-own-/page/2?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.