(Topic ID: 297496)

What is your least favorite Stern pin from the past decade or so?

By chickenscratch

85 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 83 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2D65021E-57C1-4F65-830E-D23AA9145D5A (resized).jpeg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 84 days ago

WWE is pretty awful. Its the modern popeye!

#52 84 days ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Do you all feel this opinion about GB with the newer code, or did ya’ll last play with old code? I was shocked at how much I liked GB when I played a Premium with new code last week.

Yes. Its trash.

#53 84 days ago

GB... the only game i ever bought and sold in a month...

#54 84 days ago

I'm not a Stern guy and then they come out with LZ. That and only that would be the only reason to break my " no Sterns" rule. I bought one, still have it, it's dialed-in, but honestly I STILL can't get into it! I do NOT hate it. I just think that if someone other than Stern produced it, it would've been better. it's basically a box that plays Zep songs that you entertain yourself while listening by shooting a ball around a playfield. Somewhat thin, IMO.

#55 84 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Aerosmith and Avengers Infinity Quest. Fight me... Actually, anything from Elwin. I'm not a fan of Jurassic Park (the new one, old one was awesome) or Iron Maiden either.

I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden at all, it's just boring as well. Haven't put too much time on the other two, but from what the games I did get in made me not dislike them as much as Iron Maiden.

#56 83 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

When did they make Monopoly? Haha. That one.

Back in 2001 when Monopoly came out it was considered a step forward. Also, it was the return of Pat Lawlor to pinball design. By the standards of today, Monopoly pales in comparison to the newest games, back then it compared well and it showed promise for better games ahead.

If you want to talk about a pile from the early days at Stern, Striker Extreme fits the bill. I remember seeing this game setup at a shop of a local retailer. I asked him if it was any good and he said, "Well, it is new and it passes for a pinball machine."

#57 83 days ago

I’d put a dollar into any of the games mentioned on this thread on location. I regret selling CSI and Avatar.

#58 83 days ago

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I feel Star Wars was the weakest pin

#59 83 days ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

I'm not a Stern guy and then they come out with LZ. That and only that would be the only reason to break my " no Sterns" rule. I bought one, still have it, it's dialed-in, but honestly I STILL can't get into it! I do NOT hate it. I just think that if someone other than Stern produced it, it would've been better. it's basically a box that plays Zep songs that you entertain yourself while listening by shooting a ball around a playfield. Somewhat thin, IMO.

Which modern manufacturer would you have rather produce it than Stern?

Love all the polarizing opinions in this thread

#60 83 days ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Back in 2001 when Monopoly came out it was considered a step forward. Also, it was the return of Pat Lawlor to pinball design. By the standards of today, Monopoly pales in comparison to the newest games, back then it compared well and it showed promise for better games ahead.

You know me buddy. Doesn’t matter when a game came out or what was put into it. A good game is a good game. Monopoly has some of the worst rules I’ve ever seen. So boring. And while lawlor makes some fun shooting games, this is not one of them. You’d think it would be since most of his games have a very similar layout.

So my game was too old for this thread. I’ll update my choice to:

Avengers (Gomez). I’ve never had fun playing that.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside