Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popeye.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 12 years ago

Tough... I seem to have a lot of keepers
    IJ will never go and TAF is in the same boat for me. That game and I just have too much history.

I think AFM is overrated. I like it, but I prefer my MM and they're much too similar despite what others might say. I actually think it may be on the trade block later this year of I can find the right deal for it.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Overrated: If I had to choose, I known people are going to hate me for it, but I'm going with MM. The castle shots are too repetitive, the quotes are funny, but they get tiring after a bit, the trolls are way too clunky, do I need to continue? I think AFM was Brian Eddy's best work.

I would have agreed 6 months ago. I almost traded mine; now I wouldn't dare. I think MM comes off as very simple; leaving you wondering why it's so coveted. But, the castle is only one of the many goals in this pin. Once you've played it a lot and really gotten into this game, you might change your mind. I find a lot of negative reviews come from people who've played it a couple of times.
    I think it's also so similar to AFM that you get a lot of people either preferring one or the other. AFM is faster, MM has a better theme and appearance IMO. It's a toss-up.

I like "mode" games like IJ or TAF so I had a hard time warming up to some of the repetition of MM. Also, most here won't like to admit it, but I think a lot of newer (very popular) Stern titles were modelled in some ways after games like MM. Stacking ramp goals, repetitive shot up the middle on a PF toy that eventually reveals a hidden shot... ring any bells? But none of those sell for over $10k so they don't get the criticism. Then, I don't think any pin should cost that kind of coin, so by definition I guess it is a bit "overrated" from a financial POV.

Needles to say, I've seen more BBB for sale in the last few months here than MM. Just sayin'

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-keeper-overrated?tu=drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.