Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2203.jpg
shat.jpeg
DI.jpeg
image-A3.jpg
Mr_Monopoly.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I have played over 50 of top 100 and own AFM and LOTR and rate them as my best pins. Especially the way the rating systems work.

And yet..........

What do I always keep coming back to.......

FT!

I even like the music now......I have gone from having it as a definite trade to thinking about looking for a mint condition one

Strange obsession......

#2 12 years ago

That's how I feel about Space Shuttle lol I only bought it because I got a good deal on 2 pins, figured I would resell/trade it but now everytime I walk in the basement it's the 1st pin I play lol

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And yet..........

FT!

I have to admit, there is something strangely compelling about FT. I would definitely own one.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

FT!

Best theme in pinball (for me anyway) and best DMD video mode. I wouldn't consider it a guilty pleasure at all.

#5 12 years ago

Super Mario Bros. Not leaving anytime soon!

#6 12 years ago

FT is definitely one of those. It's a fantastic package but the play is hard to get consistent.

For a guilty pleasure maybe Shrek? I just liked the sound package

#7 12 years ago

Another FT fan here. I own some games that many others wouldn't give a 2nd glance to anyway but I really like Big Hurt and enjoy picking off those shots while the crown roars its approval.

Note: When you think of all the games that have been made over the years it is an achievement for a game to get in the top 100. There are lots of nice games that aren't e.g. STT, Jackbot, Atlantis, Class of 1812, Godzilla, Airborne, Kiss, Playboy (both of them), Radical, Roller Games, Meteor-the list goes on and on.

#8 12 years ago

Fish Tales is a classic! Awesome game, no guilty pleasure there...my guilty pleasure would be Street Fighter,well out of the top 100 list but dam it have fun on it!

#9 12 years ago

My guilty pleasure pin is definitely Rollergames. I didn't know for a while when I first started playing it that it was a license, then I mentioned it to someone who was a fan of the TV show, and they quickly filled me in, heh. I remember freaking out the first time I had two balls locked and the game did its thing where every now and then it kicks the balls out of the lock and lets them fall back into the lock-- I couldn't figure out what I'd done to cause it!

Sure it's loud and cheesy, but it's fun, fast, and silly, and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I'd gladly own one if I had the opportunity and the space.

#10 12 years ago

The only problem with Roller Games is that once you play it, you can't get that song out of your head for days.

#11 12 years ago

prob for me monopoly, its always somehow on my radar and i love playing it anytime i see it, although everyone else is really hard on mr monopoly!

Mr_Monopoly.jpgMr_Monopoly.jpg

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

My guilty pleasure pin is definitely Rollergames.

I can't believe it but I am with you on this one I really enjoy playing that game. I don't know why... Bad part about it is most in my area think it is worth a mint. One guy on CL last week listed it for $2800.00 LOL...

#13 12 years ago

My " Guilty Pleasure " Pin would be ,,,, 2 Pin's ,, BSD and TZ... They will Never Leave..

.. Not Even for a Divorce !!!! Knock on wood .

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My guilty pleasure pin is definitely Rollergames.

I can't believe it but I am with you on this one I really enjoy playing that game. I don't know why...

That's because its good!

#15 12 years ago

I guess mine would be Time Machine...
If there ever was an pin-equivalent to "Easy Cheese" this would be it!
No cracker-
Just straight up the nose! Straight from the can...
Oooohhhhh Yeahhhh!

image-A3.jpgimage-A3.jpg

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If there ever was an pin-equivalent to "Easy Cheese" this would be it!
No cracker-
Just straight up the nose! Straight from the can...
Oooohhhhh Yeahhhh!

Looks fun!

Never heard of it though........

#17 12 years ago

South Park...

I know the gameplay is so easy and simple, the Cartman hole is huge, and the whole game is childish in appearance. I just love playing it!

#18 12 years ago

I know I am in the major minority here, but I like playing Stern's Indiana Jones far better than the Williams pin.

#19 12 years ago

My guilty pleasure game, and it pains me to say it...is Wheel of Fortune! I didn't want to like it when I first walked up as I wasn't a fan of the show, but I just love the layout and art package. Not to mention how beautiful the wheel looks when it spins.

I agree that FT and Monopoly can be guilty pleasures too.

#20 12 years ago

oooo you're right i only played a WOF once but it was grudgingly (due to many bad reviews) and i was seriously liking it. can't always go by reviews by others, just gotta try em all.

#21 12 years ago

Stern Playboy, with the full nude pics!!!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

I like playing Stern's Indiana Jones far better than the Williams pin.

GUILTY AS CHARGED!! Stern had 10+ years of technological advances and a hell of a solid original game to go off and that was the best they came up with????

#23 12 years ago

I know I am in the major minority here,

No... Not the minority.
The ONLY one!

Enjoy your island!
Hopefully SIJ is solar powered!

DI.jpegDI.jpeg

Just let me know when Ginger and Mary-Ann arrive!
I will be right down to play a few games; I can bring 'Time Machine' too!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

No... Not the minority.
The ONLY one! []

Enjoy your island!

Hahaha..shit that cracked me up,photo and all!

#25 12 years ago

I know I am in the major minority here, but I like playing Stern's Indiana Jones far better than the Williams pin.

The *major* minority!

Mine is William's Millionaire from 1987. I don't know how many people have actually played this or not. But by first looks, I know many people would just walk away before even playing it. It is just filled w/ bad artwork and soundcalls that go beyond "cheesy"! I really dig the gameplay, and the audio sans the soundcalls....

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

GUILTY AS CHARGED!! Stern had 10+ years of technological advances and a hell of a solid original game to go off and that was the best they came up with???? []

Quoted from NimblePin:

No... Not the minority.
The ONLY one! []

Enjoy your island!

Quoted from Schusler:

The *major* minority!

Damn guys, I knew I was gonna catch some crap for that one. , But I don't care, I really do like the Stern IJ better. Way better in fact. Ark multi is SWEEET, I hope I really am the only one. That way, in three years I can find one for cheap.

#27 12 years ago

Damn guys, I knew I was gonna catch some crap for that one. , But I don't care, I really do like the Stern IJ better. Way better in fact. Ark multi is SWEEET, I hope I really am the only one. That way, in three years I can find one for cheap.

Haha...all good,thats personal choice for ya!

I personally think Williams job on capturing the Indy experience is just so beautifully ...infact if you didnt have Williams effort to compare people might well have rated Sterns Indy better as a stand alone.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

Haha...all good,thats personal choice for ya!
I personally think Williams job on capturing the Indy experience is just so beautifully ...infact if you didnt have Williams effort to compare people might well have rated Sterns Indy better as a stand alone.

That's really interesting I didn't like the new Indiana at all when I played it on site but I wonder how I would get on with it now. I remember not liking Ripleys initially but I love it now. I would like to try the new Indie again.

Maybe a subject for a new post.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm with you on that one, the first 4 DE games were awsome and then they lost their edge in terms of gameplay with games like Robo, BTTF, MNF and Playboy etc. I loved Laser Wars and Torpedo Alley. I currently have a Secret Service in the pipe line that a friend is working on for me.

#30 12 years ago

The problem I have if you take away the Ark multiball (which is cool), what's left? I'm not saying Stern IJ is a terrible pin (I've seen far worse - South Park), but the gameplay is seriously lacking. Shoot this shot 10 times, then here 10 times, then here, rinse repeat! People complain that the WOF code is not finished... well this thing is far from complete!

#31 12 years ago

I do too!Ark multi-ball is awesome and I like the quotes too as well as game play.

#32 12 years ago

Ark multi is SWEEET

I will give you that one guy!

Am I the only one that was like...
"Ouch... Those are going to dent the PF eventually!!!"

("Wrath of Khan" style-)

shat.jpegshat.jpeg

"CLIFFFFYYYYYYYYY!"

#33 12 years ago

another great conversation. Williams 1967 Apollo is still my favorite.....timing the (small flipper) flip to go up the side lanes. opening the gate for the "extra ball." The countdown and the Bagatelle in backglass for a possible free game.

1 month later
#34 12 years ago

My vote is for Monopoly. It's the one below the top 100 that I find the most addicting. There's just so many little things you find as you play it again and again. Not deep but definitely broad. A lot of people hate the layout (not to mention the rotating mini flipper) but I like everything about it, it's got a lot of randomness to it which tests your ball control skills. I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure because I'm certainly not afraid to say I love it. I think it's good others don't like it too much because it keeps the price down. ;D

#35 12 years ago

Oops, just necro'd a month old thread. Srry, couldn't help it, at least it was ONLY 1 month old.

#36 12 years ago

Mine would definitely be Phantom of the Opera. It was, for the most part, my first and will always have great memories. Some day I will find one.

#37 12 years ago

Something about FT - that game is just addicting. I'd take FT over many of the newer games.
If you've ever played it you know what I'm talking about. If I had the space in my game room...

#38 12 years ago

nascar. i love that game. weird part is im not into nascar at all. there is one on location near me and i stop and play it every chance i get.

#39 12 years ago

never played it, but my guilty pleasure would definitely by Raven, ooooooh that translite, pick it up in a heartbeat!

#40 12 years ago

Iron Man. I supposed that doesn't count

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Iron Man. I supposed that doesn't count

I sure felt guilty after playing that for a while on location, just over how much i'd spent on quarters to feed that thing.

#42 12 years ago

I am pretty attached to my WWF

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Loupie:

Something about FT - that game is just addicting. I'd take FT over many of the newer games.
If you've ever played it you know what I'm talking about. If I had the space in my game room...

I keep thinking I need to trade mine but I play it more than any other pin!

#44 12 years ago

Jackbot really took me by surprise. Very challenging playfield with simple rules and silly-in-a-cute-way theme. Plus it has outstanding music and DMD animation for a game that apparently was rushed out of the design department.

Might not be generally regarded as a bummer. But I think I rate it higher than most will do.

#45 12 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdown for me.

I don't think liking any game that's in the top 100 can be a guilty pleasure.

#46 12 years ago

GODZILLA!!!

#47 12 years ago

Got another one.... Data East's Batman!

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Heavy Metal Meltdown for me.

I don't think liking any game that's in the top 100 can be a guilty pleasure.

Nice!

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Mine is William's Millionaire from 1987. I don't know how many people have actually played this or not. But by first looks, I know many people would just walk away before even playing it. It is just filled w/ bad artwork and soundcalls that go beyond "cheesy"! I really dig the gameplay, and the audio sans the soundcalls....

Millionaire is awesome. The one I am most embarrassed about admitting is enjoy Gottlieb Gold Wings. The game is crazy easy, and most of the shots aren't great or anything, I just like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 23.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-guilty-pleasure-pin/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.