Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bob_e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CLEO139WEB (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Which game of the system 1 group would you say is the best. I know there is a lot of system 1 haters, this question is for the System 1 lovers..

#2 3 years ago

Tough choice but Joker poker would probably win out against my other two favorites: Pinball Pool and Buck Rogers.

Haven't played enough Asteroid Annie to developer an opinion which means it probably wouldn't be one of my favorites.

I know many love Sinbad but I find it too easy to beat.

#3 3 years ago

Buck Rogers. We have had 70+ pins come and go and this one is never leaving our collection. I have an nos playfield from Steve Young that we are going to clear coat and put into the game. Now, if I could just find an nos backglass or a minty one to go with it......

#4 3 years ago

I have taken a liking to my Buck Rogers lately. Knocking those drop targets down, and hitting that vari-target is a good challenge. Not sure if it's my favorite though. Joker Poker is an excellent title, but I also really like Pinball Pool, probably because it reminds me of 2001.

I think I'd like Buck Rogers a lot more if it were themed differently.

#5 3 years ago

I haven't had a lot of system 1's to compare, I had just finished 2 projects (Sinbad & Charlie's Angels) of the two I'd say Charlie's Angels is more fun by far....

#6 3 years ago

Count-Down is the best! I love most of these pins, at least the 5 or 6 that I have played, but Count-Down is my favorite. I first played it at the PHOF in vegas about 5 years ago, purchased mine about 4 years and still love it. Great drop target game. Symmetrical playfield done right, very simple but challenging ruleset. Also a lot of fun to compete with your friends on.

#7 3 years ago

I'm a fan of pinball pool and genie.
Mike

#8 3 years ago

I haven't had the opportunity to play all the system 1's, but Genie ranks up there out of the bunch.

Just from an artwork perspective, I like pretty much all of them, even though the gameplay is lacking.

#9 3 years ago

Joker Poker. End of story.

#10 3 years ago

Asteroid Annie. Not only is it drop dead gorgeous, but it's a tough game to beat. Sound bytes are also very well done.

Joker Poker is a close second. It's the only deck we keep on 5 ball.

System 1 is just a great platform. I don't care what the haters think or say!

#11 3 years ago

Im a big fan of all the system 1 games . Pinball Pool for me is the most fun but really they are all good . Hulk is one that gets low ratings but is a great game as well . I have 5 now and thats the great thing about system 1 why chose just 1 for the price they go for a guy collect em all.

#12 3 years ago

Vote hear for Genie. Lots of good shots, fair outlanes and 5 flippers

Mike V

#13 3 years ago

Sinbad that has been tuned up and has a clearcoated playfield installed is addicting and gets my vote. That game will kick your ass and make you like it.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Sinbad that has been tuned up and has a clearcoated playfield installed is addicting and gets my vote. That game will kick your ass and make you like it.

agreed... i have one that fits that bill here, that is pretty much glued to the floor... you dont have a ceramic power ball in yours? sounds a little easy if you ask me.

#15 3 years ago

+1 for Buck Rogers

Joker Poker is good too. Charlie's Angels is almost really good. I like the rules, but the PF is awkward, specially in the upper left corner feels unfinished.

#16 3 years ago

I reluctantly bought a Dragon. Its ...ok..anyone want to buy mine? Lol. Someday I'd like to own a Genie.

#17 3 years ago

Asteroid Annie has the best art and the simple gameplay has grown on me

#18 3 years ago

Torch is my favorite followed by Joker Poker and Countdown.

Getting the 10x bonus multiplier lit is more difficult than it looks! What I really like about Torch is that you can collect 10K of your bonus during a ball once it is maxed out at 20K but shooting the roll-under in the top right of the playfield - really nice when 10X is lit too!

Drop targets can be very lucrative when lit for extra scoring (1K + 1K for each lit number in grid).

Oh yeah... it has a Roto Target!

Torch has a unusual flipper return arrangement which makes for some good nudging

I'm a big time track and field fan so the theme and artwork works for me, though I can see why it would get over-looked by others.

Joker Poker and Countdown are great games but do suffer from linearity in the ruleset.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

agreed... i have one that fits that bill here, that is pretty much glued to the floor... you dont have a ceramic power ball in yours? sounds a little easy if you ask me.

Not really a fan of powerballs in games and I don't think you need one if you have a playfield that's as smooth as sheet of glass. I could maybe see putting one in the game if you have a stock uncleared playfield with cupping inserts though. Have you played the super nice one with the CC'd playfield that has been at Expo that past couple years? It plays wickedly fast, just like mine.

#20 3 years ago

What is a powerball? I have a game which the inserts are cupped a bit and it diverts the ball. What is the powerball made of? And how different does it play opposed to the regulation ball?

#21 3 years ago

Powerball is the special ball from Twilight Zone. It's just a pinball made from cermaic instead of carbon steel and it weighs a little less, so game will play a little livelier with a powerball.

#22 3 years ago

My memory must be that dim but a couple of earlier responses brought back some memories:

Countdown - I remember rocking that machine for a period of time at a hot dog stand on Chicago's South Side. I'd collect a few quarters from my newspaper route and then go play the machine for the rest of the day. At some point the owner wasn't happy with me hogging the machine and never putting any significant money in it so the machine got swapped out not long after that...

Joker Poker - Always been a favorite of mine! I get to play one every now and then and I find that a treat!

1 week later
#23 3 years ago

I can't even choose between the two I own which is more fun, Pinball Pool or Joker Poker, both very fun and at the top of my list, although Count-Down and Buck Rogers are both very fun as well. I have not had the pleasure of ever playing an Annie or a Torch, but both look like fun as well.

#24 3 years ago

Countdown. A drop target lovers dream

2 weeks later
#25 3 years ago

Count-down and Sinbad for me.
Also for anyone interested I see Pinball rescue will be releasing Count-down plastic sets soon. http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Count_Down.html

1 year later
#26 2 years ago

I current own countdown,solar ride, sinbad, joker poker and buck rogers. Countdown is by far the best sys1 imo.

#27 2 years ago

My restored Cleopatra SS.
(Though, it may need a new home soon, as I'm outta space - like most of us LOL).

CLEO139WEB (resized).JPG

#28 2 years ago

I like Pinball Pool and Charlie's Angels because they have bonus collect shots. A lot of the other games I feel you run out of things to do when you have a long ball.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I like Pinball Pool and Charlie's Angels because they have bonus collect shots. A lot of the other games I feel you run out of things to do when you have a long ball.

Count-Down does as well.

Quoted from twoplays25c:

(Though, it may need a new home soon, as I'm outta space - like most of us LOL).

Nice Cleo. Someday I want to reprogram Cleo to have a bonus collect/drop reset, I think it would add a lot to the game.

#30 2 years ago

Asteroid Annie is one of my favorites

#31 2 years ago

Joker Poker, and the only game I ever set to 5 ball, because the rules are so good. Definitely a desert island pin/one more game pin.

The 5 bank of Aces is so tough, that if you end up getting the far left one, it's abandon all others and focus on the Aces for light extra ball. It's one of those games where you can get caught being greedy, like "oh...I'll pick off that ten soon for the 5x bonus, but I wanna hit those three queens right quick...doh!" Drain. Getting all drop down in one ball feels great, and with them resetting, there's always something to shoot. Best game out there from that era in my opinion.

Countdown is no slouch either.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

This game plays way better than the playfield looks to play. It is a bit of a challenge to get all five colors lit.

But My favorite is Genie. Got to play it a lot back when it was a new machine at Golf 'n Stuff.

#33 2 years ago

My top 3 are:
1) Joker Poker
2) Joker Poker
3) Joker Poker

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sussex, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Trussville, AL
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 289.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside