(Topic ID: 8321)

What is your flipper fingers and do you do the pinball dance?

By fatality83

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by absocountry2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oldlegover_large[1].jpg

#1 7 years ago

I was just curious to what everyone's flipper fingers are. I use my middle fingers primarily and when the game starts getting exciting I think I transform between both middle and pointer fingers so I make sure I am making good contact with the buttons.

Also, do you do the pinball dance? The pinball dance is when you are getting into the game and you move or sway your body in different directions (typically the direction you want the ball to go) even though you know your body movement will not affect the balls travel. It does not help you have a better game but makes you look goofy to others watching you. I have recently actually seen the pinball dance on video. It is a rare occurrence that this move is captured on film. Between 1:30-1:31 watch the women in the background as he walks past.

#2 7 years ago

I sort of flap my middle and index finders, but I think it's my index which makes most of the contact.

As for moving, yeah, when I am really into a game I will get moving some, particularly during multiball. It also depends on the game. TRON is very fast and the sound really gets me pumped. On a quick save I might suddenly move in a way that surprises even myself, or sends me slightly off balance.

#3 7 years ago

Ya middle fingers for me. I saw people dancing when playing, laughed and ya I do it haha. Now when I see newbies play on my tables they make fun if me but I see them doing it haha its like playing NES or Atari for the first time and you do that with the controller.

#4 7 years ago

naughty fingers all the way.

#5 7 years ago

Middle finger, feels strange for me to use the index finger. No dancing, in fact I hardly tilt when I play.

#6 7 years ago

Is it just me, or does that guy from TNT and Morry from goodfellas look and sound more than just a little alike?

oh ya... middle fingers, mostly

#7 7 years ago

ha hahah I've often thought the same thing

#8 7 years ago

I think he's more of a Jon Lovitz character, either way about as sleazy a salesman as I can think of.

I guess I use middle and pointer fingers depending on my drinking levels.

When I do well on multiballs, or just well in general, if I'm getting a high score, I'll be doing some sort of a dance, usually kicking a leg to the side for some strange reason, sort of like the image of the guy on the bottle of Old Legover.

oldlegover_large[1].jpg

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Is it just me, or does that guy from TNT and Morry from goodfellas look and sound more than just a little alike?

You just read my mind. lol

I actually alternate between index and middle, whatever feel comfortable at the time.

#10 7 years ago

Middle and index fingers together to share the load. No dancing cos imo it means your losing control

#11 7 years ago

Hmmm...I use the middle finger mostly. In the car and when Im playing pins. As far as dancing...guilty as charged. Thank God no one can see me shake my tail-thang after TOTAN ends.

#12 7 years ago

Index fingers only for me, I find it interesting that so many people use their middle fingers as it just feels weird to me.

As for the dance I'm sure I have some moves, just have not seen it nor had anybody point it out yet.

#13 7 years ago

Index fingers mostly. I do a little bit of dancing but mostly after a ball drains or when trying to save a ball. At least that is when I notice it.

#14 7 years ago

Most of the time it's the index and middle fingers.

#15 7 years ago

Index and middle fingers.

#16 7 years ago

middle only usually

#17 7 years ago

LOL love the vid

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Index fingers only for me, I find it interesting that so many people use their middle fingers as it just feels weird to me.

Same here,Both trigger fingers,Reading my mind FlipperMagician,how the hell do people use their middle fingers?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Sioux City, IA
    Posted 1 day ago | # | quote | !! |

Haha! "Morry's wigs don't come off!" *jump in pool*. Same level of video production too. This video is fantastic. Check out 4:11 when he walks across DDR and does maniacal laugh.

I use index fingers... didn't even occur to me people would use other fingers. I try not to do a shimmy in public... but have been known to use body language saves at home.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

how the hell do people use their middle fingers?

Dunno, I've tried after reading how others do it and just can't. Looks like at least one more agrees.

#21 7 years ago

Index almost all of the time but sometimes both at once. I started using both at once when making tap passes .

Edit: That video is so 80's I was wondering about the tribal tattoo and pepsi logos. Amazing.

#22 7 years ago

Middle finger on Right and index finger on left, no dance that I know of. I think there was just a thread on this one with voting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside