(Topic ID: 194453)

What is your favorite X Box or Playstation game of all time?

By jhanley

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Max_Payne_image (resized).jpg
    2815ab5902b30bcf2ddc7f22945523e0 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3002 (resized).JPG
    Toy Commander (resized).jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Just curious what your favorites are.I would have to say my top two would be Half Life 2 or The last of us.I like first person shooters best.

#2 6 years ago

The 3 Bioshocks

#3 6 years ago

Crysis and Payday 2

-Mike

#4 6 years ago

I loved Crysis too.

#5 6 years ago

Not Xbox or PS, but definitely my all-time favorite to play with my kids.

Toy Commander (resized).jpgToy Commander (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Madden '93.

#7 6 years ago

Original Resident Evil and Tomb Raider on PS were game changers. On Xbox I really liked the Tony Hawk series, GTA series, and Transworld Surf has always been a fav of mine. So many to choose from.

#8 6 years ago

I really enjoyed Dark Souls (the entire series in fact). Moments where I wanted to throw the controller across the room in rage and others of a euphoric high when a boss was defeated.

Otherwise I played a ton of battlefield 4.

#9 6 years ago

I really loved all the Wolfenstein games.Looking forward to the new one this year.

#10 6 years ago

Halo

#11 6 years ago

It depends on the era / system. Some games came out on more then one system, but I included them in the system I played them on the most...

PS1 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    PS2 - God of War (series) / Devil May Cry 3 / Kingdom Heart (series) / Resident Evil 4 / Burnout 3
    PS3 - Last of Us / Skyrim / Grand Theft Auto 5 / Red Dead Redemption
    PS4 - ?
    Xbox - Psyconauts / Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (series)
    Xbox 360 - Fallout (series) / Call of Duty 4 / Boarderlands (series) / Bayonetta / Bioshock (series)
    Xbox One - ?

#12 6 years ago

Bioshock and the Forza series.

#13 6 years ago

I used to be a Left for Dead freak online.Some of the best times gaming.I would stay up til 3 in the morning playing that game.

#14 6 years ago

Easy answer!
    SOCOM!!!
    I'm playing Siege currently, it's a fun game, Very tactical. My son, my brother in-law, & myself play regularly in the evenings. Good times!

#15 6 years ago

Sniper Elite is a great game also.Its great to snipe Hitler.

#16 6 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Metal Gear Solid!

For me personally, it'd have to be Halo. I've also really enjoyed the Fallout and GTA series.

#17 6 years ago

Halo was great and I loved GTA: Vice City on the original xbox.

#18 6 years ago

PS2 version of Guitar Hero (I & II). Still my favorites.

Honorable mentions:
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Call Of Duty (any of them)
    Telltale Walking Dead Season 1 & 2
    Soul Suspect

Marcus

#19 6 years ago

Battlefield series really enjoyed bad company 2 and battlefield 3.

Cod mw, mw2, black ops 1&2 once they started running on walls and flying they lost me.

Guitar hero and rock band great gun for a group.

Batman arkum asylum with the 3d glasses old school style.

#20 6 years ago

My Top 5:

Last of Us
    GTA Vice City
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 (original)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Red Dead Redemption

#21 6 years ago

Culdcept Saga - my all time favorite. From 2008 and I still replay it every couple years.

#22 6 years ago

PS1 would have to be crash bandicoot and tekken 3

#23 6 years ago

My fav PS game is Battle Arena Toshinden...nailed 3D fighting.
    My fav XBOX game is ESPN NHL Hockey...online hockey was crazy amazing when I first discovered it.

#24 6 years ago

Uncharted (the whole series)
    The Last Of Us
    GTA 5
    Bioshock (Original)
    Every Zelda game, but Twilight Princess is probably my favorite.

#25 6 years ago

NAZI ZOMBIES!!!

Making its return this Nov. inside the the new cod WW2

Pissing my pants for this...I'm going to end up lookin like a zombie from staying up so freakin late every night playing this

here's the trailer

#26 6 years ago

The best games are experiences.

The Last of Us was an incredible emotional experience. You felt connected to the characters and their motivations.

Bioshock was a fantastic exploration experience. You felt like you were in an underwater city surrounded by danger.

Resident Evil 7 was just scary as shit.

#27 6 years ago

Best Call of Duty everIMG_3002 (resized).JPGIMG_3002 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago

Diablo 3 or Last of Us

#29 6 years ago

Socom 1 & Socom 2 for me easily. I spent many thousands of hours and many sleepless nights on that game.

Metal Gear Solid on the playstation 1 was also very awesome.. Nothing will ever come close to Socom 1 and 2 though.

#30 6 years ago

It is hard to believe no one has mentioned Witcher 3 yet. Amazing game. Gwent is so addicting

I also really enjoy the Dragon age games. Last of Us was also excellent.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

The best games are experiences.
    The Last of Us was an incredible emotional experience. You felt connected to the characters and their motivations.
    Bioshock was a fantastic exploration experience. You felt like you were in an underwater city surrounded by danger.
    Resident Evil 7 was just scary as shit.

Fantastic game.Talk about emotional.When the lead characters daughter gets shot in front of him and dies in his arms I was just torn up.What a experience that game is.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Best Call of Duty ever

I still play the remastered

#33 6 years ago

Kratos is badass....

Also, the first Max Payne.....but on the pc

2815ab5902b30bcf2ddc7f22945523e0 (resized).jpg2815ab5902b30bcf2ddc7f22945523e0 (resized).jpg

Max_Payne_image (resized).jpgMax_Payne_image (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago

PS1. Twisted Metal 2
    PS2. Socom US Navy Seals, with the bigass network adapter....epic nights online
    XBoxes. Halos

#35 6 years ago

Burnout Paradise - I considered this the perfect combination of real and fake driving. There was something about the dynamics that just made it fun.

Bad Company - Totally fake dynamics, but fun to play.

Assasins Creed 2 - A huge improvement in graphics over the first (which was a blast). And it hadn't quite made the video game sin of forcing you to do something over and over until you did it perfect to move on. That's the biggest sin a video game can make with me. Being trapped in a mission that you learn through repetition (boring).

#36 6 years ago

Playstation FIFA Road to the World Cup 1998 was an incredible game in its day. It brought me back into gaming after losing interest after the Atari 2600 and Intellivision era of the early 80s.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Burnout Paradise - I considered this the perfect combination of real and fake driving. There was something about the dynamics that just made it fun.

Burnout Paradise is fantastic. Awesome soundtrack too.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was a great RPG game with cool twist at the end.

#38 6 years ago

Cod world at war.

#39 6 years ago

I think this game is number one for me.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#40 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#41 6 years ago

I love being a nerd

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

I love being a nerd

I love you being a nerd, too. Increases the odds for the rest of us trying to get chicks.

#43 6 years ago

Battlefield 1

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love you being a nerd, too. Increases the odds for the rest of us trying to get chicks.

Haha. My days of "getting chicks" is now done. I have succeeded and now have a wife and little son I pass the torch to you. Don't fuck it up.

Mittens

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

Haha. My days of "getting chicks" is now done. I have succeeded and now have a wife and little son I pass the torch to you. Don't fuck it up.
    Mittens

Nah...I'm happily married. Just goofin'!

#46 6 years ago

I put more hours in on Gears of War multiplayer with a group of friends than any other game. When I say hours, I really mean days...such a great game!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nothing increases the odds like your Nantucket shirt does boob!

#48 6 years ago

Tie between:

Symphony of the Night

Bioshock Infinite

#49 6 years ago

Road Rash, the Friday evening pinball gathering always has some competition from Road Rash. How many riders can you knock off their bike and still place 1st?

#50 6 years ago

I liked PS1 Discworld, monty pythons Eric Idle was so hilarious as Rincewind the mighty wizard.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-x-box-or-playstation-game-of-all-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.