(Topic ID: 214866)

What is your favorite WIZARD mode? VOTE HERE!

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

What is your favorite WIZARD mode? VOTE HERE!

https://goo.gl/forms/u2OUS8SyAYSQPMp72

Last Week's top 10:

Top Ten Best Pinball Machines Under $2,000

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-top-10-top-ten-best-pinball-machines-under-2000/

#2 5 years ago

Wish I was a better player and able to vote. . .

#3 5 years ago

I love Final Frontier from STTNG. It's so perfect how the artifacts can really blow up your score.

#4 5 years ago

I like the "hit the ball" wizard mode on all the old em games.

#5 5 years ago

LITZ!!!!

#6 5 years ago

There are so many amazing wizard modes this is a tough poll, but if I had to pick 1 it would be lost in the zone. The sound, gameplay, and theme integration for litz second to none, pure adrenaline rush and very achievable.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Wish I was a better player and able to vote. . .

Haha I hear that!

#9 5 years ago

WOF. So hard to get to.....

#10 5 years ago

I vote “the final battle” on The shadow. With LITZ a close second.

#11 5 years ago

Join the Cirqus!

#12 5 years ago

Eternal Life Multiball!

#13 5 years ago

Destroy the Ring is my favorite I think. Intense and a fun payoff when you beat it with the machine goes berserk!

#14 5 years ago

Admittedly, I’m not really good enough to get to wizard modes on enough different games consistently enough to really have a strong opinion, but some of my favorites are:

The final battle in the shadow.
    Join the Cirqus in Cirqus Voltaire (I really like multi-staged modes).

I’m not really a big fan of the “here’s all the rewards all at once” modes that Lawlor is known for, but I do have an appreciation of them.

#15 5 years ago

Pool Ball Mania on Cue Ball Wizard deserves mention - 3-ball multiball with all targets at 5 mil and when you drain 2 you start working toward playing 9-ball which culminates with the 500,000,000 nine-ball shot. And, all the better if you can do it with "everything doubled" active. Pretty darned good for a game that can be picked up affordably!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Skee Score replacement LED display boards for Model H & S Skee Ball

#16 5 years ago

Atlantis in Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Very difficult to get to, awesome animations and call outs when you do get there plus it's a really challenging wizard mode to do super well in.

#17 5 years ago

Wouldn't really call it a wizard mode and not all that hard to get too but redlight mania on The Getaway is a really cool lightshow with a fair bit going on.

#18 5 years ago

I'd have to go with the final battle in The Shadow. It's pretty tough to get to, and very difficult to complete. I like that it has a specific goal and isn't terribly long.

Honourable mentions:
    - Do or Die in IM. This is one of the most intense moments in all of pinball.
    - Lost in the zone is great for mayhem because of the powerfield being open.
    - I enjoy fighting the Genie in TOTAN as well.

#19 5 years ago

The Shadow is the only one I have ever achieved. I played it many times it is was always awsome.

#20 5 years ago

Super Hero on Spiderman

#21 5 years ago

stacking warp 9.1 double scoring into a Kobayashi Maru medal count up

#22 5 years ago

Bump for the vote: https://goo.gl/forms/u2OUS8SyAYSQPMp72

This poll will close sometime tomorrow, so vote now!

#24 5 years ago

JM: Powerdown
    MM: Battle for the Kingdom
    TSPP: Alien Invasion

These came to mind for me.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Destroy the Ring is my favorite I think. Intense and a fun payoff when you beat it with the machine goes berserk!

I'd consider this more of a "mini" wizard mode. Same with TABA. Valinor is the true wizard mode on that game.

#26 5 years ago

Completing the Stiff o Meter and getting Monster Multiball on Scared Stiff is absolutely incredible. Off the top of my head that's my favorite, although there might be better ones that I'm forgetting.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'd consider this more of a "mini" wizard mode. Same with TABA. Valinor is the true wizard mode on that game.

Yeah I know what you mean. Alien Invasion also very cool but not the true wizard mode of TSPP. I’ve never come close to Valinor or SDMEWM though.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Yeah I know what you mean. Alien Invasion also very cool but not the true wizard mode of TSPP. I’ve never come close to Valinor or SDMEWM though.

I owned both games and never came close to either one, so don't feel bad. They are incredibly difficult to reach.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-wizard-mode-vote-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.