(Topic ID: 293455)

What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.”

• Jurassic Park 49 votes
      15%
    • TMNT 13 votes
      4%
    • AIQ 17 votes
      5%
    • Led Zeppelin 6 votes
      2%
    • Deadpool 38 votes
      12%
    • Elvira House of Horrors 33 votes
      10%
    • Stranger Things 15 votes
      5%
    • Iron Maiden 62 votes
      19%
    • Metallica 22 votes
      7%
    • Guardians of the Gallaxy 1 vote
    • BKSOR 5 votes
      2%
    • Austin Powers 0 votes
    • Big Buck Hunter 2 votes
      1%
    • Aerosmith 3 votes
      1%
    • LOTR 18 votes
      6%
    • Star Wars 12 votes
      4%
    • Star Trek 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles 0 votes
    • X-Men 1 vote
    • Batman 66 14 votes
      4%

(319 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpg
    3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg
    WesternLaugh.gif
    9E3B196A-F721-4D55-83C3-3A99D0603DDD (resized).jpeg
    63EEA4FB-785C-4AAE-8EDF-7E37EB29989F (resized).jpeg
    4398698A-44B4-4680-A756-A52CECC6DA0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Which one do you think is the best as far as code and playability and would never leave your house and why.

#5 2 years ago

LOTR is my favorite. IDK if its longer then 3 years. Im going to buy a stern pin and Im using your opinions to decide which one. As of nor its JP

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Are these guys opinions worth 6 grand or more to you?
    You need to go out and play some games...especially if you dont know if LOTR was made in the past 3 years or not - it's almost 20 years old.......

I am well aware that LOTR was made in 2003, I owned one and I wish I had never sold it. I sold it for a Spiderman and it is gone now. I will not base my decision solely on what you nutballs say but I will use it in making the decision. As of now Im looking at JP, AIQ and Turtles. I never thought I would consider Turtles but it is fun to play but so is AIQ and JP.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Ok, well that's almost word-for-word what you said in your original post, which you have now gone back and edited...............
    These nutballs aren't all bad, good luck in your search, you'll end up with something fun. Didn't mean to sound dickish about the LOTR thing -
    PLAY BALL!

I said nutball in a nice way, like when you call a friend nutball. And you didnt sound dickish. Its all good

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'm curious - what made Turtles more fun if you thought AIQ had a better layout? Was it the audio/video/light show, etc?

Turtles has a lot of shit on the PF and a lot to do and the silliness makes it fun. Its fucking TURTLES, come on. AIQ is serious and its fast and furious. Turtles is just fun. Shit, I need to buy all three.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

it's almost 20 years old.......

And it still kicks ass.

#23 2 years ago

So right now its JP, TMNT, or AIQ. Im trying to decide which game i will enjoy the most and not get bored of, which has the best code that I will enjoy for the long term. I need to play all 3 for about a week each but thats a lot to ask.

#26 2 years ago

GnR is sold. The code sucked in my opinion. It was boring. I have MM IJ TZ WH20 STTNG WW ES CFTBL and CC. No Sterns. I want a stern that plenty to do and is fun to play and not a bare PF.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from mikeflan:

JP, Maiden, and.... I dunno. AIQ feels like chopping wood in the worst possible way. Completing a battle involves a bazillion shots. Not exactly fun. Love the layout though.
    What I am sure of is it's not LZ.
    Probably EHOH or BM66. Both pricey though

Hey man
    , how have you been? Are you still a fireman

#31 2 years ago

No one uses the crappy balls that come in a game.

#35 2 years ago

So, does anyone have all 3, JP, Turtles, and AIQ? its really down to those 3.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I own every Stern LCD game except for GOTG and Aerosmith, and previously had TMNT on rental. JP2 or IMDN are my favorites, TMNT or GOTG my least favorite. TMNT was neat at first, but that game faded pretty sharply for me after about 50 plays. Nothing to do in the lower half, most of the shots feel the same, and I wanted to take a hammer to that spinning disc. Those are three really different games though so you really should just put a bunch of plays on them yourself to get an idea.

Thanks. That really helps a lot.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Total sleeper pick. Nice call. Not sure it’s the best but it’s way better than people give it credit for.

You are the first to mention BK. I play d it tonight and out of about 10 stern pins I liked it the most. Total ass kicking bad ass pin. The a knight is down right riude. I loved it. It may not have legs to last a long time but I loved it for a few hours.

#71 2 years ago

Oh and while I might not want to own it, I see why people like LZ.

#77 2 years ago

I realize I need to get out more and play in arms where I ca. Play all of them. Hell I even like the Beatles

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:All the recent Sterns are fun to play but probably have “bare PFs” as you so crassly say, so I hope you enjoy hopscotch brother.

I played BM 66 and Beatles and LZ tonight which I would consider bare PFs. While they aren’t TZ full of stuff they are still fun. The modes and deeper code makes them so. BM 66 I’m learning to really like. I’m changing my mind about these games. I just want to choose one that I will enjoy for a long time.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

EHoH & DP! But I admit SW and JP are on my wish list too.
    I am not an IM music fan unfortunately - game is fun otherwise.

Iron Maiden kicked my ass over amd over and over again. I like it but I don’t care for the music

#111 2 years ago

Its late in the game but I added a pole and for shits and giggles I just put almost every game I could think of. Have fun

#113 2 years ago

Oh BTW, a deposit was made today for a JP with a shaker motor and a amber shooter rod. Thank you. And who the fuck wants a JP without a shaker motor.

#115 2 years ago

How do i remove it. Sorry about

#116 2 years ago

Removed

#117 2 years ago

Wow IM is the winner by a longshot so far.

#119 2 years ago

Its there now

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

When Big Buck Hunter has 1 out of 42 votes, I’m not sure the poll means much. LOL.

Make fun of BBH all you want but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Probably should have used just LCD games. I know a lot of these were games that were mention, except maybe big buck, but you're missing some good titles.

Tell me which ones im missing and ill put them on there I tried to put them all down but those are the ones I could think of at the moment.

So far the poll is mor fun than the original question.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

That sounds past tense-ish. If you really enjoyed it that much, why is your enjoyment of it "in the past"? Seems like I'm throwing a bit of a Yellow Card, here.

I havnt seen one in a long time to play.

#138 2 years ago

tell me what you want and ill add it. it just adds to the fun.

#139 2 years ago

It wont let me add anymore

#145 2 years ago

It started out being the last 3 years but that leaves out so many good games.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Big Buck Hunter and Austin Powers included in the poll list, but no TWD, MET, Mustang, Iron Man, AC/DC, GoT, or TRON (to name a few)?!

They won’t let me add anymore. I put the ones I thought about.

#153 2 years ago

24 was fun. It was ugly but it was fun.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

If you say so. JP has kind of left me wondering what all the fuss is about, quite frankly. I've played it, I've evaluated it, and I've come to the conclusion that it's...well, that it's certainly the least of Elwin's offerings. I'd rather play either of his other pins without a doubt.
    Now, having said that, have I explored the brand-spanking-newest code available? No, I haven't...but it says something when I have a Pro available to me to play at no charge, and because there are an abundance of other choices right by it, I never even bother to turn it on. The design of JP just leaves me cold, or at the very least wanting more/different, because I find it to be less than many other choices. The playfield itself is nothing that calls to me at all, whereas IM *always* calls to me, and I really would like to spend some time on an AIQ Premium or higher, as the Pro was something that I enjoyed, but really felt it wasn't where it needed to completely be, and the Premium's playfield (especially with the Capt. Marvel ramp modification) would probably correct that notion to a better place.
    The software in JP, to me, is rather a chore. I find it lacking in draw.

No, I ordered a JP, you can’t say anything bad about it.

#170 2 years ago

There is one problem with LOTR besides the not so pretty playfield. It is so deep most of us will never see the end of it. But that could also be considered a good thing.

#173 2 years ago

I don’t care for the photoshops pics and yes some are much bright and
    Prettier than others

#177 2 years ago

I don’t care for metal. Aerosmith, AC/DC kind of stuff is my bag. I don’t dislike them and the game is a lot of fun.

#192 2 years ago

You have to like TWD but does it feel kind of clunky at times?

#195 2 years ago

So I went to play last night and with all the games there I wound up playing JP and Turtles. I just cant decide which one I like better.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

I can choose big buck hunter but game of thrones doesn't even make the list?
    I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

That wouldn’t let me put anymore on the pole. Sorry

1 month later
    #215 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Picked up a SW Prem a few months ago and LOVE it.

The first time I played Star Wars it was a pro it was pretty much a bare playfield and it sucked. I recently ran into a premium and a premium comic version. The game kicks ass. If I had the cash I would buy one in a second, I think it’s that good. But, I want a Turtles and if they do BTTF I’m going to want that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-stern-pin-from-the-last-3-years?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.