(Topic ID: 293455)

What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.”

• Jurassic Park 49 votes
      15%
    • TMNT 13 votes
      4%
    • AIQ 17 votes
      5%
    • Led Zeppelin 6 votes
      2%
    • Deadpool 38 votes
      12%
    • Elvira House of Horrors 33 votes
      10%
    • Stranger Things 15 votes
      5%
    • Iron Maiden 62 votes
      19%
    • Metallica 22 votes
      7%
    • Guardians of the Gallaxy 1 vote
    • BKSOR 5 votes
      2%
    • Austin Powers 0 votes
    • Big Buck Hunter 2 votes
      1%
    • Aerosmith 3 votes
      1%
    • LOTR 18 votes
      6%
    • Star Wars 12 votes
      4%
    • Star Trek 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles 0 votes
    • X-Men 1 vote
    • Batman 66 14 votes
      4%

(319 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpg
    3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg
    WesternLaugh.gif
    9E3B196A-F721-4D55-83C3-3A99D0603DDD (resized).jpeg
    63EEA4FB-785C-4AAE-8EDF-7E37EB29989F (resized).jpeg
    4398698A-44B4-4680-A756-A52CECC6DA0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago

My favorite is BM66 but only the 2019 or newer manufactured models, basicly catwomen edition or newer. Best coded Stern ive played, assets are the best, has actual interactive mechs, and the fun factor is there. Any BM66 made before Catwoman shot like shit and felt clunky until Stern did some upgrades to ramps/wireforms and cabinet.

Ive had all 3 games your considering. TMNT pro, JP pro, and AIQ premium. Turtles was the most fun. AIQ was the best layout and JP was meh to me but i only played the movie code and wish I would of tried Sterns code. Just got a STh Pro and my initial thoughts is Medieval Madness and AFM with a shot or so missing and deeper code. My thoughts after just one session is its more fun then AIQ and JP but not quite as fun as TMNT. STh has a atmosphere from the sound package I havent felt before from any other pin.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'm curious - what made Turtles more fun if you thought AIQ had a better layout? Was it the audio/video/light show, etc?

I love TMNT theme and Dwights code is excellent. Also the upper flipper shots i just loved hitting. It always gave me a adrenaline rush everytime i played it. I miss that game.

AIQ code isnt the style i would consider fun but I really liked the raising disk subway on it, that is the best part of that game to me and if you go Pro your really really missing out on the most satisfying shot in the game. If Stern would of used the movie assets it would of been much better I feel.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So right now its JP, TMNT, or AIQ. Im trying to decide which game i will enjoy the most and not get bored of, which has the best code that I will enjoy for the long term. I need to play all 3 for about a week each but thats a lot to ask.

What other games are in your lineup right now? I seen your GnR thread and how you went from this is awesome to this isnt exactly what i expected code wise and i feel the same way. Did that game make you notice you prefer a more story based code? If so Id go TMNT. That games code is excellent. I see others saying Deadpool but that games code is boring(sorry Esky).

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

GnR is sold. The code sucked in my opinion. It was boring. I have MM IJ TZ WH20 STTNG WW ES CFTBL and CC. No Sterns. I want a stern that plenty to do and is fun to play and not a bare PF.

Agree 100%! I hated the code also. Id recommend TMNT if your a turrtlez(as Bebop would call them) fan. I had a Pro but with your lineup id go premium/Le to have alittle more features. Just change the balls out day 1 to non magnetic balls.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

No one uses the crappy balls that come in a game.

I use Sterns balls alot anymore when theres no magnets. They have gotten alot better. They use to come pitted and sometimes rust on them, lol. With TMNT the balls end up magnetized within 100 plays causing issues with the van lock multiball.

#118 2 years ago

No BM66? That gets my vote.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-stern-pin-from-the-last-3-years?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.