(Topic ID: 293455)

What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.”

• Jurassic Park 49 votes
      15%
    • TMNT 13 votes
      4%
    • AIQ 17 votes
      5%
    • Led Zeppelin 6 votes
      2%
    • Deadpool 38 votes
      12%
    • Elvira House of Horrors 33 votes
      10%
    • Stranger Things 15 votes
      5%
    • Iron Maiden 62 votes
      19%
    • Metallica 22 votes
      7%
    • Guardians of the Gallaxy 1 vote
    • BKSOR 5 votes
      2%
    • Austin Powers 0 votes
    • Big Buck Hunter 2 votes
      1%
    • Aerosmith 3 votes
      1%
    • LOTR 18 votes
      6%
    • Star Wars 12 votes
      4%
    • Star Trek 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles 0 votes
    • X-Men 1 vote
    • Batman 66 14 votes
      4%

(319 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpg
    3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg
    WesternLaugh.gif
    9E3B196A-F721-4D55-83C3-3A99D0603DDD (resized).jpeg
    63EEA4FB-785C-4AAE-8EDF-7E37EB29989F (resized).jpeg
    4398698A-44B4-4680-A756-A52CECC6DA0A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 2 years ago

I wish you had set up a poll. So many opinions has me wondering which game is on top.

My top game is Maiden. It's a solid game and if you like the music it makes it a great game.

#127 2 years ago

Probably should have used just LCD games. I know a lot of these were games that were mention, except maybe big buck, but you're missing some good titles.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Tell me which ones im missing and ill put them on there I tried to put them all down but those are the ones I could think of at the moment.
    So far the poll is mor fun than the original question.

Personally I enjoy Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters eventually coded into a decent game. I wouldn't pick either over Maiden but some one might. Those were the first ones that I noticed. Also TSPP. Can't have LOTR and not the Simpson's

1 week later
    #199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Love Maidens music but wish it had at least half of the toys like Metallica pin, still Maiden plays fast and fun but I feel repetitive up the middle, probably will buy either of the two next as debating.

Maiden is the perfect example of why toys are over valued. Deadpool is another one. Fun layout with great rules.

It helps that I have a maiden premium. I enjoy the lifting ramp and captive ball lock. I enjoy playing the pro just as much.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

At first, I was *right there* with you, until you said "Deadpool is another one.", and then...then, I started backing away rather quickly. I understand, and agree with, your basic point (that toys *can be* overvalued, especially when they compromise/substitute for good playfield design), but I feel that Deadpool's design flaws are what keep it from being included in that part of the conversation.
    I'm not at all surprised to hear that you enjoy playing the Pro of Maiden, but I'm honestly surprised that you find the Premium to be effectively "better", which I completely don't. While the captive ball lock is "neat", it's certainly nowhere *near* anything that I'd call "essential", and the lift ramp, to me, is a complete waste of time, bill of materials, and brings nothing more to the machine...I'd rather have the Pro. Now, I don't dislike the Premium, that's not what I'm saying at all...but for my money, time, etc. I'd be more inclined to get a Pro. That's just me, though.

The captive ball is an option I don't really care about. I do like the ramp going up and down. I only brought them up because those could be considered "toys" I did work a few deals and traded up my pro to a premium. This was right before things went crazy. If I had to spend an extra $2000 to $2500 in today's pricing I would have keep the pro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-stern-pin-from-the-last-3-years?tu=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.