(Topic ID: 293455)

What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is your favorite Stern pin from the last few years.”

• Jurassic Park 49 votes
      15%
    • TMNT 13 votes
      4%
    • AIQ 17 votes
      5%
    • Led Zeppelin 6 votes
      2%
    • Deadpool 38 votes
      12%
    • Elvira House of Horrors 33 votes
      10%
    • Stranger Things 15 votes
      5%
    • Iron Maiden 62 votes
      19%
    • Metallica 22 votes
      7%
    • Guardians of the Gallaxy 1 vote
    • BKSOR 5 votes
      2%
    • Austin Powers 0 votes
    • Big Buck Hunter 2 votes
      1%
    • Aerosmith 3 votes
      1%
    • LOTR 18 votes
      6%
    • Star Wars 12 votes
      4%
    • Star Trek 8 votes
      3%
    • Beatles 0 votes
    • X-Men 1 vote
    • Batman 66 14 votes
      4%

(319 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpg
    3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg
    WesternLaugh.gif
    9E3B196A-F721-4D55-83C3-3A99D0603DDD (resized).jpeg
    63EEA4FB-785C-4AAE-8EDF-7E37EB29989F (resized).jpeg
    4398698A-44B4-4680-A756-A52CECC6DA0A (resized).jpeg

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 2 years ago

Stranger Things premium was the biggest wow I've had in a long time with the projector, UV light playfield, and demogrodan (don't know how to spell it). This is what I would get, but being a premium makes it out of my reach for a long time, so my next goal is a Deadpool pro. Mando may change that though.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Stranger Things premium was the biggest wow I've had in a long time with the projector, UV light playfield, and demogrodan (don't know how to spell it). This is what I would get, but being a premium makes it out of my reach for a long time,

STH Pro has 2/3 of what you say you liked about the Premium.

#153 2 years ago

24 was fun. It was ugly but it was fun.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

1 - Avengers: Infinity Quest (2020)
    9 - Iron Maiden (2018)
    10 - All the Rest

WesternLaugh.gifWesternLaugh.gif

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

24 was fun. It was ugly but it was fun.

You forgot "...and Chloe's voice made me wish that I'd been born without ears...".

#156 2 years ago

You’re right. Iron Maiden should actually be further down the list because of their music alone.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

You’re right. Iron Maiden should actually be further down the list because of their music alone.

but its not

#158 2 years ago

LOL. It was my list, not the (alleged) Top 100; so you don’t get a vote on that.

And if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that the cumulative subjective opinions of Pinside members are not the best sources of evaluation, etc.

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

LOL. It was my list, not the (alleged) Top 100; so you don’t get a vote on that.
    And if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that the cumulative subjective opinions of Pinside members are not the best sources of evaluation, etc.

Say what you will the OP asked a question for fun and the question has been answered.We all get 1 vote.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Say what you will the OP asked a question for fun and the question has been answered.We all get 1 vote.

The reason every historical republic has failed. LOL.

#161 2 years ago

Jurassic park no doubt. Reskin maiden and it would make a run at #1.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Jurassic park no doubt. Reskin maiden and it would make a run at #1.

JP really is a masterpiece, especially after your handy work, haha. Avengers is a snooze fest in comparison, or maybe im just too terrible to get ANYWHERE in the game.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

JP really is a masterpiece, especially after your handy work, haha. Avengers is a snooze fest in comparison, or maybe im just too terrible to get ANYWHERE in the game.

If you say so. JP has kind of left me wondering what all the fuss is about, quite frankly. I've played it, I've evaluated it, and I've come to the conclusion that it's...well, that it's certainly the least of Elwin's offerings. I'd rather play either of his other pins without a doubt.

Now, having said that, have I explored the brand-spanking-newest code available? No, I haven't...but it says something when I have a Pro available to me to play at no charge, and because there are an abundance of other choices right by it, I never even bother to turn it on. The design of JP just leaves me cold, or at the very least wanting more/different, because I find it to be less than many other choices. The playfield itself is nothing that calls to me at all, whereas IM *always* calls to me, and I really would like to spend some time on an AIQ Premium or higher, as the Pro was something that I enjoyed, but really felt it wasn't where it needed to completely be, and the Premium's playfield (especially with the Capt. Marvel ramp modification) would probably correct that notion to a better place.

The software in JP, to me, is rather a chore. I find it lacking in draw.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

If you say so. JP has kind of left me wondering what all the fuss is about, quite frankly. I've played it, I've evaluated it, and I've come to the conclusion that it's...well, that it's certainly the least of Elwin's offerings. I'd rather play either of his other pins without a doubt.
    Now, having said that, have I explored the brand-spanking-newest code available? No, I haven't...but it says something when I have a Pro available to me to play at no charge, and because there are an abundance of other choices right by it, I never even bother to turn it on. The design of JP just leaves me cold, or at the very least wanting more/different, because I find it to be less than many other choices. The playfield itself is nothing that calls to me at all, whereas IM *always* calls to me, and I really would like to spend some time on an AIQ Premium or higher, as the Pro was something that I enjoyed, but really felt it wasn't where it needed to completely be, and the Premium's playfield (especially with the Capt. Marvel ramp modification) would probably correct that notion to a better place.

This isn’t a contest, you are certainly entitled to this opinion. Every long winded word of it.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

No, I ordered a JP, you can’t say anything bad about it.

#166 2 years ago

I kind of just want a raging T Rex head installed in every pinball machine regardless of theme. If I had a LZ with a raging T. rex torso busting through the play field roaring and shaking its head back and forth, it’d be my dream pinball theme.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I kind of just want a raging T Rex head installed in every pinball machine regardless of theme. If I had a LZ with a raging T. rex torso busting through the play field roaring and shaking its head back and forth, it’d be my dream pinball theme.

We need more out of the box thinkers, I like this.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

We need more out of the box thinkers, I like this.

Thanks!

#169 2 years ago

LOTR is still the king of modern Sterns.

#170 2 years ago

There is one problem with LOTR besides the not so pretty playfield. It is so deep most of us will never see the end of it. But that could also be considered a good thing.

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

There is one problem with LOTR besides the not so pretty playfield. It is so deep most of us will never see the end of it. But that could also be considered a good thing.

It's a good thing! I love games like LOTR that have multiple to wizard modes to keep something to reach for after years of ownership. A cousin of mine has over 6k games on his LOTR that he bought new in 2003 or 2005. He just reached Valinor a few years back (has reached it twice since) and was blown away that there was still a mode he hadn't seen after 10+ years of play. Just awesome.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

the not so pretty playfield.

That’s crazy talk, LOTR’s playfield is beautiful. Though I have seen some color variations, so maybe that’s what you mean.

#173 2 years ago

I don’t care for the photoshops pics and yes some are much bright and
    Prettier than others

#174 2 years ago

Jurassic park no doubt. Reskin maiden and it would make a run at #1.</blo
    I never thought I would see the day the Beatles got no love in anything.In general ,I still want 1

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

It's cool to see all the differing opinions out there. To me it's the opposite, I think JP is boring but I just can't get enough of Avengers.

#176 2 years ago

I'm always kind of baffled when people HATE maidens music. Like I get if its not your thing but maiden is pretty cookie cutter main stream metal, you can easily pretend is an original soudntrack for a metal mummy time traveling zombie theme.

#177 2 years ago

I don’t care for metal. Aerosmith, AC/DC kind of stuff is my bag. I don’t dislike them and the game is a lot of fun.

#179 2 years ago

Having a vague grasp of what the last few years means I would say Jurassic park or iron man vault.

#180 2 years ago

The 3rd pin I picked up was a TWD pro, and other pins before and after it are no longer here, but TWD is still the go to here.

#181 2 years ago

I voted Deadpool because I am a GG fan and I own the game. BM66 would be a very close tie for me.

BUT…if I really dig to the depths of my soul and be completely honest with myself…Metallica blows everything else on this list to oblivion. It’s really about as close to pinball nirvana as it gets, and I’m not even a fan of music-themed pins.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

... It’s really about as close to pinball nirvana as it gets ...

Yep. Along with Iron Maiden.

My two favorite music Sterns.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep. Along with Iron Maiden.
    My two favorite music Sterns.

I really like IM a lot, and I seriously considered waffling at the last minute before I pulled the trigger on Deadpool. The artwork and animation on IM is really great, and although I’m not a huge fan of their music I think it really lends itself to a pinball machine. Just a very well done and all-around solid machine with lots of fun shots….and I’ve only played a Pro model!

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Stranger Things LE - My favorite pin out of 30+ pins
    The Walking Dead #2

I’ve got an ultimate mega topper I can sell you. LOL

3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg3A11A6A4-90B2-4985-B38B-5263FB4953F7 (resized).jpeg
    #185 2 years ago

Metallica blows everything else on this list to oblivion. It’s really about as close to pinball nirvana as it gets, and I’m not even a fan of music-themed pins.

MichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpgMichaelPalin-LumberjackSong (resized).jpg

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

It's cool to see all the differing opinions out there. To me it's the opposite, I think JP is boring but I just can't get enough of Avengers.

Avengers is so weird to me, I enjoy watching streams of good players play it, but owning it I just have no motivation to get better at it. Doesnt make it a bad game in the least, I just find it too hard (for me) and it doesnt do anything to motivate me to play it better.

Also part of my motivation to own games is to have a good time playing with friends. Not many "pinball" friends visit my home, and my non pinball friends find zero enjoyment in it. To your point, its great to see all the different opinions, and were very fortunate to have so many options.

#187 2 years ago

I voted Deadpool because I am a GG fan and I own the game. BM66 would be a very close tie for me.
    BUT…if I really dig to the depths of my soul and be completely honest with myself…Metallica blows everything else on this list to oblivion. It’s really about as close to pinball nirvana as it gets, and I’m not even a fan of music-themed pins.

Regret getting rid of Metallica so much. Compare Metallica Pro vs LZ pro, its laughable how much went into Metallica in comparison. Actually, compare Metallica Pro vs LZ Premium, still laughable.

Im pretty biased though, love me some magnets, and Dirty Donny art is always top notch in my book.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Regret getting rid of Metallica so much. Compare Metallica Pro vs LZ pro, its laughable how much went into Metallica in comparison. Actually, compare Metallica Pro vs LZ Premium, still laughable.
    Im pretty biased though, love me some magnets, and Dirty Donny art is always top notch in my book.

I just had a great game on Metallica last night, and I do think it is pretty much perfect. Amazing ass game. Super intuitive shots. Great rules for beginners and experts alike. A masterpiece.

Also, the lack of TWD love is absolutely baffling. Wtf is wrong with you people?

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Also, the lack of TWD love is absolutely baffling. Wtf is wrong with you people?

As much as I appreciate the machine, and I do, the clunkiness of it does tend to take away from it for me a bit.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I'm always kind of baffled when people HATE maidens music. Like I get if its not your thing but maiden is pretty cookie cutter main stream metal, you can easily pretend is an original soudntrack for a metal mummy time traveling zombie theme.

For me, it’s the voice of the lead singer. Absolutely terrible and almost embarrassing to have on. The guitar rifts are actually really good

I should mention the walking dead too. Great game

Why was it not included?

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

TWD is the pin I regret selling. I’ve thought about getting another. It truly is a great pin. However, the translite is so bad. With that being said, there are after market alternatives.

#192 2 years ago

You have to like TWD but does it feel kind of clunky at times?

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You have to like TWD but does it feel kind of clunky at times?

You mentioned that before, and this time I have to say “hell no”. The game is fast and furious and flows like butter! I currently have one in a temp trade and I friggin’ love it.

#194 2 years ago

I own AIQ LE, TMNT pro and my best friend owns JP.

AIQ is awesome, it never gets old, I love the code and the light show is epic.

JP is second. Great moments and theme integration.

Tmnt is 3rd. Love the music and sounds, art is incredible. But code and layout feel repetitive at times.

#195 2 years ago

So I went to play last night and with all the games there I wound up playing JP and Turtles. I just cant decide which one I like better.

#196 2 years ago

LOTR is an all time great pin.

Recently I took a TMNTLE in trade on a whim. I knew nothing about the pin. It has fast become a real favorite in my house especially with visitors. It just pulls you in when you play it.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you like Iron Maiden’s music it’s Maiden by a wide margin IMO

Love Maidens music but wish it had at least half of the toys like Metallica pin, still Maiden plays fast and fun but I feel repetitive up the middle, probably will buy either of the two next as debating.

#198 2 years ago

Deadpool, Iron Maiden, and LOR are all in my all-time top 5 and would be bolted to the floor (so far, only DP in my collection, but multiple IM’s and LOR’s on location near home thankfully). Near perfect games with excellent layouts, rules, art, call-outs, & wizard modes. Only knocks are LOR art & IM animations are just OK.

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Love Maidens music but wish it had at least half of the toys like Metallica pin, still Maiden plays fast and fun but I feel repetitive up the middle, probably will buy either of the two next as debating.

Maiden is the perfect example of why toys are over valued. Deadpool is another one. Fun layout with great rules.

It helps that I have a maiden premium. I enjoy the lifting ramp and captive ball lock. I enjoy playing the pro just as much.

#200 2 years ago

This thread is making me realize just how many epic games Stern has put out.

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-stern-pin-from-the-last-3-years/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.