• 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MarcG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515f1 (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

What Machine has a real Skill Shot? I think Scared Stiff has a real Skill Shot because you have to hit the ball Juuuust Right to get into the Skill Shot Hole. Some Machines have Hidden Skill Shots. (that you don't get real Skill Shot Credit for) Good example Scared Stiff Shoot a weak launch into the Spider Hole. I consider that a Skill Shot Also. No Good Gofers: The hidden Skill Shot is best one and one of the best in Pinball. Shoot the ball strong so It comes around to the left flipper and shoot a Hole In One! Only done it a few times. Some Really Great games have Lame Skill Shots. One that comes to mind is Monster Bash. Push Button Launch to the lit lane.... weak. The best Super Skill Shot IMHO is Cactus Canyon Continued, Because of the Great Reward! You get a Mode! One of 6 modes available! Very Cool! What are your favorite Super Skill Shots and Why.

1 month later
#2 4 years ago

Probably Pinball Magic.

#3 4 years ago

All three of LotR's skill shots are real skill shots IMO. You have to time the one you want with the light then either feather it to the lit pop lane, feather it to the tower or plunge it to the left flipper and hit the right orbit.

#4 4 years ago

Houdini has some nice skill shots. Pull the plunger just right to hit one of the 3 alternating middle "E" "S" "C" lit targets to collect the reward for that particular one (no lane change options here). This really requires the perfect combination of timing and plunger strength.

If you're really good, however, skip shooting at the middle targets and lightly arc the ball across the lower playfield to hit the lower left target for an extra bonus. This shot is all about plunger strength (and luck) to not accidentally hit a random switch before it gets there. I can only pull this trick off once in a while.

#5 4 years ago

Iron Maiden super skill shot into the super jackpot area requires not only a precise plunge but hitting one of the hardest shots in the game to follow up. Easily one of the best implementations i've seen in quite some time.

And it rewards an instant playfield multiplier which is insanely powerful in that game.

#6 4 years ago

DPLE, so rewarding when you nail it straight into the Katana.

#7 4 years ago

Hook and Star Trek 25th require a bit of skill.

#8 4 years ago

TWD skill shot requires timing and touch. Timing so the desired insert will be lit and locked and touch to collect the reward. TWD introduces a third element during gameplay allowing player to assign desired reward to preferred location prior to plunging.

#9 4 years ago

The Taxi whirlpool is a fun shot.

#10 4 years ago

Congo super skill shot

#11 4 years ago

Definitely Deadpool's super. Nailing that Katana off of the plunge makes you feel like a hero. Even better if you can pull off the MXV version. I have never managed the super secret skill shot though.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

The Taxi whirlpool is a fun shot.

Many of those sys11 games had cool skill shots. Fire! has a good one with a big reward for precision.

I think the new Stern JP has a combo skill shot where you get more points the further you get into the combo sequence.

#13 4 years ago

WoZ aside, NGG is nice to hit, such a fine line.

#14 4 years ago

I love the Maiden 20m super secret skill shot, soft plunge directly to the left outlane. So satisfying!

#15 4 years ago

4mbc/fireball

Up the ramp in the back, but soft enough to stop at the top and come back down for big points.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

a real Skill Shot?

According to the flyer, the Amazing NEW MOVING TARGET on my Magic Clock is "A REAL SKILL SHOT!".
1515f1 (resized).jpg1515f1 (resized).jpg

#18 4 years ago

i really like Twilight Zone's skill shot

#19 4 years ago

Whilwind, short plunge to the flipper without hitting a switch then sweep all three drops for big points.

#20 4 years ago

Fish Tails and Deadpool

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Whilwind, short plunge to the flipper without hitting a switch then sweep all three drops for big points.

Or short plunge sweeping the drops

#22 4 years ago

Tron Superskill Shot

Press the left Flipperbutton, plunge the ball through the right orbit to the upper left Flipper, hit the right Ramp and shoot the ball with the lower left Flipper into the normal-Skillshot/Flynn´s Arcade-Scoop to an End-Of-Line-Combo.
It happens so rarely to me, that i have forgotten how much it is rewarded... ;o)

#23 4 years ago

Riverboat gambler has a sweet skill shot.

#24 4 years ago

not a fan of the skillshot. I enjoy a full plunge EM/early SS style. Hard plunge let the game begin! But if I had to pick one, I'd go AMH simply to hear, "you sure know where to put your balls!"

#25 4 years ago

I am going to go with something unexpected: motordome

The game sure doesn't get much love, and it really only has one shot, but it certainly requires a fair amount of skill.

If you are talking about a skill shot directly from the plunge, I would give that honor to hook.

#26 4 years ago

Nobody's mentioned the Skill Shot, Super Skill Shot, and Super Duper Skill Shot on Dialed In. So I will.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Nobody's mentioned the Skill Shot, Super Skill Shot, and Super Duper Skill Shot on Dialed In. So I will.

I was about to, DI is my favorite

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Do tell...

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Houdini has some nice skill shots. Pull the plunger just right to hit one of the 3 alternating middle "E" "S" "C" lit targets to collect the reward for that particular one (no lane change options here). This really requires the perfect combination of timing and plunger strength.
If you're really good, however, skip shooting at the middle targets and lightly arc the ball across the lower playfield to hit the lower left target for an extra bonus. This shot is all about plunger strength (and luck) to not accidentally hit a random switch before it gets there. I can only pull this trick off once in a while.

The best part of Houdini's might be the way you get trash-talked for missing, e.g. "well it IS called a skill shot"

#30 4 years ago

Medusa is the correct answer.

#31 4 years ago

Dirty Harry has two awesome skill shots to choose from. Shooting from the gun to hit the mode start is so fricken hard to do but super awesome when it goes in. Or magna save to ramp is also super gratifying.

#32 4 years ago

I like the Family Guy super skill shot a lot, feels just like baseball.

Basically, you pitch the ball to the upper left flipper and try to make the evil monkey ramp.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Dirty Harry has two awesome skill shots to choose from. Shooting from the gun to hit the mode start is so fricken hard to do but super awesome when it goes in.

That's the only time the ball seems to dribble out of the gun before you can shoot it. lol.

I always go ramp shot on that and use the gun to start multiball with a super jackpot.

#34 4 years ago

TOTAN snake basket shot with super skill twister ramp shot immediately following

#35 4 years ago

The worst game ever has a good skill shot. millionaire. It has a moving shooter Lane and you have to shoot the ball across the playfield to score the shot

#36 4 years ago

Hobbit has a great skill shot where the player can change and choose from among four options.

#37 4 years ago

Munsters Prem/LE Double super skill shot
Rob Zombie
TRON “Gem Bump” and super skill shot.

#38 4 years ago

Besides a precision regular plunge skill shot, Mustang has a couple of great super skill shots that require controlling the ball after a full orbit plunge and then hitting a precision shot:

1. Shoot the scoop

- or -

2. Hit the "A" drop target in the G E A R S bank exactly when it's sequentially lit

#39 4 years ago

Taxi
It's just one of those sounds da that brings back memories

#40 4 years ago

Been a long time since I played it, but when Skill Shot comes up, my mind always goes to #Tommy.

#41 4 years ago

Nine Ball

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

?

#43 4 years ago

Arena. Plunge into the bagatelle, and then once you get back to it from the playfield, 1 million points. The rules make this completely unbalanced, but it is satisfying to hit.

#44 4 years ago

What pin had the first skill shot?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

According to the flyer, the Amazing NEW MOVING TARGET on my Magic Clock is "A REAL SKILL SHOT!".

Very Cool Skill Shot. Like to see that one!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

And we are still waiting....

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

What pin had the first skill shot?

Need an old timer to answer this one....

#48 4 years ago

Tron. Hold the left flipper in, plunge around to the upper flipper, hit the side ramp, around to the bottom left flipper, through the pops back on the right back to the upper left flipper, back through the side ramp, down to the left flipper, slam it into the scoop! Collect that End Of Line like a boss. On the occasion I was able to start like this, I felt like a pinball hero. But most of the time I'd miss and feel like a fool.

#49 4 years ago

Funhouse.. True skill shot. Too hard it goes around to the flipper. Too soft and it goes into the bumper area. Just right and it settles behind Rudy head.

Whirlwind. Again true skill shot with multiple rewards. Also if you don't hit any switches you can drain and try again.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Medusa is the correct answer.

indeed, Medusa is one of the toughest, most unique, satisfying, and rewarding skill shots. Given the flakiness of star rollover switches registering consistently, I've also found that Medusa's skill shot is one of the least reliable to register correctly -- at least on the half dozen Medusa's I've played in my life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-skill-shot?hl=therookie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.