(Topic ID: 292115)

What is your favorite pinball toy? (poll open now)

By JohnnyPinball007

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jokerpoker
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Here are the suggestions that were made on this page:”

• Elvira's House Of Horrors - the house 7 votes
      3%
    • Stern Metallica Premium/LE Coffin Hammer lock 5 votes
      2%
    • Bram Stoker Dracula: Mist Multiball Magnet Assembly 22 votes
      8%
    • Stern Jurassic Park Premium/LE T-Rex 19 votes
      7%
    • Triple level playfield on Doctor Who 7 votes
      3%
    • JJP POTC Black Pearl 14 votes
      5%
    • Heist Crane 12 votes
      4%
    • Data East Jurassic Park T-Rex 6 votes
      2%
    • Stranger Things Telekinesis Ball Lock 1 vote
    • Medieval Madness castle 38 votes
      14%
    • Apollo 13 moon and rocket lock 1 vote
    • Whirlwind 3 spinning discs 2 votes
      1%
    • Pinball Magic levitating ball and magic wand 8 votes
      3%
    • Flying Monkey on WoZ 4 votes
      1%
    • Blinders in Tommy 3 votes
      1%
    • Hyper loop in SW premium 7 votes
      3%
    • Gumball machine on TZ 9 votes
      3%
    • Hologram on CFTBL 2 votes
      1%
    • Aerosmith Toy Box 5 votes
      2%
    • AFM Saucer 7 votes
      3%
    • AIQ Dr. Strange Sling Ring 0 votes
    • Yeti whitewater 1 vote
    • Crossbow TWD 1 vote
    • Bell in acdc 4 votes
      1%
    • Moving ramp in Xmen 0 votes
    • Hand/the thing in addams 14 votes
      5%
    • Rudy from Funhouse 18 votes
      6%
    • Slimer on GB 1 vote
    • Crane on BM66 3 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight on BKSOR 6 votes
      2%
    • the magnet lock in Shadow 6 votes
      2%
    • The Satellite Shot in Goldeneye 2 votes
      1%
    • The bowling alley in The Big Lebowski 8 votes
      3%
    • The boxer/heavy bag from The Champion Pub 3 votes
      1%
    • The Shadow-- user switchable ramps as well as upper playfield "breakthrough" mech 4 votes
      1%
    • Stern NBA saucer to basket shot 1 vote
    • The time expander on DW. 6 votes
      2%
    • The mouse trap ball locks on Mousin’ Around 2 votes
      1%
    • Sparky on Metallica 12 votes
      4%
    • great, user error, after all this work. 6 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 277 votes by 154 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10430212-0336-4A36-A0A8-80226950BC6F (resized).jpeg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

While ago when I was reading the Elvira's House Of Horrors owners thread, I noticed Pinkitten had posted this: I think the house in EHOH is one of the coolest toys ever.

I have not played that game yet, so at the moment I would have to vote for the rocking upper playfield in JJP Pirates of the Caribbean.

I will add a poll soon, from your responses. I will do at least 20 choices, maybe a lot more.

Rules:

I want full names of the games and toys, no abbreviations to be added to the poll. (makes it easier for some of us to read, that are not used to all of the abbreviations).

Only one suggestion per post, per member. (I really do not want the poll to end up a couple of Pinsiders top 10's).

You can post as many as you want, but I will take your first post only for the poll.

You can abbreviate the manufacturers if needed, like I did with JJP as my example.

This is all for fun, and just for something different, so enjoy!

NOTE: I just finished the poll, copying and pasting your suggestions from all posts on this page. If any info is not correct, you can read the next 49 posts to see who messed up.

Also, there was not a option to vote for your top 3, but that was what I was hoping for, but you can vote as many times as you would like.

#2 2 years ago

Stern Metallica Premium/LE Coffin Hammer lock.

Best toy ever and we do not own the game any more.

#3 2 years ago

Good idea for a topic,

I vote Bram Stoker Dracula: Mist Multiball Magnet Assembly.

Cheers,

Chris

#4 2 years ago

Probably the Stern Jurassic Park Premium/LE T-Rex. Before that game came out, I thought the Data East JP T-Rex was the coolest pinball toy, and the Stern one outdoes it by interacting with both the ramp it's on, and the nearby wireform, as well as acting as a "character" like Rudy, moving around during gameplay.

#5 2 years ago

Triple level playfield on Doctor Who.

Honorable mention: the mini pinball machine in FGY and Shrek.

#6 2 years ago

JJP POTC Black Pearl...

It's a moving SHIP with a playfield, 2 flippers, 2 ways to enter, spinners, and a side-cannon shot.

#7 2 years ago

It's an obvious one but still have to be mentioned, the medieval madness castle. With a moving drawbridge, a moving gate and the "exploding" towers this toy is darn near perfection to me.

#8 2 years ago

Heist Crane is very cool. Extends halfway down the playfield, has a hit sensor at the front, magnet to hold the ball, moves left, right, up, down and throws the ball around. It has it's own personality.

#9 2 years ago

Rudy

#10 2 years ago

Data East Jurassic Park T-Rex... The Dinosaur eats the ball!

#11 2 years ago

Somebody has to do it.

Stranger Things Telekinesis Ball Lock

#12 2 years ago

There are a lot of great choices, but my vote is for the Medieval Madness castle. It’s just a classic and for me never gets old.

#13 2 years ago

Apollo 13 moon and rocket lock!

#14 2 years ago

Whirlwind 3 spinning discs.

#15 2 years ago

Pinball Magic levitating ball and magic wand have every other game beat. This is hard fact and cannot be debated

#16 2 years ago

Trex in Stern's JP never get's old

#17 2 years ago

I always thought Stern's Pirates of the Caribbean sinking ship was really cool.

#18 2 years ago

I LOVE EVERYONE MENTIONED SO FAR!!!!!!

#19 2 years ago

Not my favorite but people love the monkey in WOZ, it should be in the poll

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaKilo:

I always thought Stern's Pirates of the Caribbean sinking ship was really cool.

very cool machine overall, surprised it doesn't get mentioned more often

#21 2 years ago

Star Wars hyper loop w/ Death Star (it’s all one toy IMO)

#22 2 years ago

Blinders in Tommy.

No other toy affects gameplay as much, or as long, IMO?

#23 2 years ago

Hyper loop in SW premium

Gumball machine on TZ
    Sinking ship in Stern Potc
    Hologram on CFTBL
    Flying Monkey on WoZ

#24 2 years ago

Aerosmith Toy Box (when you finally get it dialed and consistent)

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

It's an obvious one but still have to be mentioned, the medieval madness castle. With a moving drawbridge, a moving gate and the "exploding" towers this toy is darn near perfection to me.

Don’t forget the lock entrance.

#26 2 years ago

What the house of Ehoh gets special? Sorry i didn’t play it

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

very cool machine overall, surprised it doesn't get mentioned more often

I think the rules of Stern's POTC overshadow it's cool toys. For destroying ships its just hitting the same ship shot over and over again. 3x or whatever for the first ship, then 7 for the second, etc. None of the rules work the playfield in interesting ways, just hit the same shots over and over again for points with little mode choreography. It's a shame Keith Johnson didn't do the rules at the time (he may have been on LOTR during that time).

#29 2 years ago

AIQ Dr. Strange Sling Ring - the toy is integrated (heavily) so well into game play and ripping that sucker is fun.

#30 2 years ago

I also like
    Yeti whitewater
    Crossbow TWD
    Bell in acdc
    Moving ramp in Xmen
    Hand/the thing in addams

#31 2 years ago

Rudy from Funhouse.

In his eyes I have white g.i. lighting that light up as he talks and flashers that go off when you hit him in the mouth + when he screams.. ...and a red led in his mouth that lights up when he talks.

He's my favorite either way, but now a total creep show.

#32 2 years ago

Theres to many to pick a #1 favorite but here are a few i like

Slimer on GB
    Crane on BM66
    Black Knight on BKSOR
    Castle on MMr
    SW hyperloop

#33 2 years ago

Not sure it qualifies as a toy, but the magnet lock in Shadow is pretty awesome.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the rules of Stern's POTC overshadow it's cool toys. For destroying ships its just hitting the same ship shot over and over again. 3x or whatever for the first ship, then 7 for the second, etc. None of the rules work the playfield in interesting ways, just hit the same shots over and over again for points with little mode choreography. It's a shame Keith Johnson didn't do the rules at the time (he may have been on LOTR during that time).

This is an unfair criticism, destroying the castle in MM or the cities in AFM you repeat the same shot a number of times. SM as well, great games but repeating the same shot to battle or destroy something. That just works you are in a fight with a ship so hit the ship with a ball causing damage that’s brilliant. What do you want to do hit a shot away from ship for who for what? It’s a great toy and a great easy to understand rule to sink the ship.

#35 2 years ago

The Satellite Shot in Goldeneye - Love it every single time, does not get old.

#36 2 years ago

The bowling alley in The Big Lebowski. It cannot be compared to any other toy in pinball, its in its own league.

#37 2 years ago

I will try to start the poll tonight.

I will try to include everything on this page.

Thank You for all the suggestions!

#38 2 years ago

MM castle is my top choice...it even has a moat! Pure genius.

#39 2 years ago

The boxer/heavy bag from The Champion Pub

#40 2 years ago

The Shadow-- user switchable ramps as well as upper playfield "breakthrough" mech

#41 2 years ago

Funny with our differences in opinions. Some of peoples favorite machine toys are the exact reason why I chose not to buy the Premium/LE and go Pro. I can't stand coffin lock-clunky and kills flow(plus do not care for huge view obstructing hammer). Moving T-Rex-meh just a supped up DE version to me and more of a interruption/flow killer.

For me it would be the Star Wars Hyperloop followed closely by BDK & BM66 Crane Toy.

#42 2 years ago

For modern games: crane toy on Heist
    Old-school: Rudy

#43 2 years ago

1. JJPotC Black Pearl. It's a miniature pirate ship that rocks back and forth with it's own lanterns and other lights, two mini flippers, an orbit with two spinners, four standup targets, and a scoop type cannon area to lock a ball and shoot it across the playfield at the other ship! Coolest toy in pinball by a mile for me.

2. JP Stern T-Rex. Seeing that thing move around while roaring is wild, balls lock in there rather easily, and it's really cool when it gobbles a ball and flings it.

3. Tough call here. Wand in Pinball Magic always gets a "wow!" I wish the hyperloop in SW was used more than it is. Same for the bowling alley in Lebowski. EHOH's houses are nice. Metallica coffin lock is cool as well. Tough call. The wand, I think.

#44 2 years ago

Another notable mention is Stern NBA saucer to basket shot with the pinball flying across the playfield. Guest always say "WOW" that's cool when they see it for first time.

I have seen it hundreds of times so the "WOW" factor has dissipated a little for me. Still a cool toy and I am easily entertained.

#45 2 years ago

This is easy for me. The time expander on DW. It's a three level mini-playfield that locks balls. Even though it's in the middle of the playfield drains from miss shots aren't bad. It's just so damn exciting to get through each level, especially with the third level being multi-ball.

#46 2 years ago

First time I ever saved a ball from an outlane drain with a Magna-Save, I thought it was the greatest toy/feature.

Dracula Mist magnet is quite cool.

#47 2 years ago

The mouse trap ball locks on Mousin’ Around are really well integrated with the theme. Fun to hit too when you hear that “Snap....Gotcha!”

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Don’t forget the moat on the PF. Shots have to be clean or to the alligators the balls go! And yes agree. It’s the best.

#49 2 years ago

Sparky on Metallica.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Don’t forget the moat on the PF. Shots have to be clean or to the alligators the balls go! And yes agree. It’s the best.

My fave too, it's over the top. When I had a TZ I liked the gumball machine too, both cool looking and functional as far as rotating the balls around so you get the powerball.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-pinball-toy-poll-coming-soon?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.