(Topic ID: 90846)

What is your favorite pinball feature of all time?

By DoubleOughtPBs

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by accidental
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I personally love the rocket ship hole on TZ!
    Its just cool how it launches it across the playfield super fast!

#2 9 years ago

Tie between bash toys and spinners for me.

#3 9 years ago

Gotta be the ring in LoTR for me.

#4 9 years ago

Flippers, to state the obvious.

#5 9 years ago

Autoplungers.

#6 9 years ago

Fun, I have not found a pin that doesn't deliver.

#7 9 years ago

I'm still impressed with Rudy from Funhouse.

#8 9 years ago

The Phurbas in Shadow. Rocking Vengeance while slapping the diverter buttons reminds me of driving stick, feels like shifting the pin to me. Or maybe more like DSG paddle shifters I suppose. Anyways, it's a kind of whole body feeling, very satisfying.

#9 9 years ago

Colored bulb condoms

#10 9 years ago

The bar and stools that were replaced on BBB with the tube dancer.

Using the flipper buttons you would get your ball from stool to stool around the bar.

LTG : )™

#11 9 years ago

I too will go with barfing RUDY on FUNHOUSE

#12 9 years ago

Blinders on Tommy....Because they are hidden, and come out when least expected, and then you have to play blind!

#13 9 years ago

Mist multiball on BSD. It knocked my socks off the first time I saw that ball cross the playfield.

#14 9 years ago

Okay, I'll bite.

Even though I suck at it sometimes, the Magna-Flip upper playfield on TZ.

#15 9 years ago

Gottlieb drop targets. I can never get enough of knocking them down, but I really love the thick 'ka-chunk' sound of a Gottlieb bank resetting.

I also love pop bumpers when they are out in the open and dangerous.

As for more modern features, any use of magnets in a pin usually makes me smile.

#16 9 years ago

Being somewhat old school, I'd have to go with the 4 kickout holes on games like Kings & Queens, Melody and Paradise, just something very cool about the way they work and how satisfying it is to hit them when lit.

In modern pinball, it would have to be aim-able cannons and turrets from Viper, T2, Black Rose, STTNG etc,

#17 9 years ago

hmm, either Rudy or Black Hole's inverted lower playfield.

#18 9 years ago

I'll say the legs. They make nudging easier and I don't have to bend down as far.

#19 9 years ago

Multiball and of course Flippers!

#20 9 years ago

Definitely the magnetic/spinner/multiball on Twister. Terrible game, great toy!

#21 9 years ago

The Shadow ball lock.

#22 9 years ago

Tilt mechanism.

#23 9 years ago

Ramps that return the ball to an in-lane.

#24 9 years ago

Everything on Metallica

#25 9 years ago

Id have to say a satisfying ramp is the best thing about pinball to me. Everything else is kind of secondary. Honorable mention to loops with spinners at the beginning of the shot.

#26 9 years ago

Ball Save!

#27 9 years ago

I'll repeat some of the above, ball save, auto plungers, tilt mech and color changing LEDs

Specific things, disappearing ball magnet trick on ToTAN, Arcade mod and Eli ramp lights on Tron, Magneto multiball start, Venom side ramp shot, and of course the sinking ship on PotC.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The bar and stools that were replaced on BBB with the tube dancer.
    Using the flipper buttons you would get your ball from stool to stool around the bar.

Is there any info out there about this I have never heard of it.

#29 9 years ago

T-Rex on JP is pretty cool

#31 9 years ago

The Power

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Tilt mechanism.

Dammit man that's the worst!

#33 9 years ago

The Bally bingo Magic Screen unit.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit man that's the worst!

Seriously?

I can't stand to play a game with tilt removed, just seems wrong.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Seriously?
    I can't stand to play a game with tilt removed, just seems wrong.

WEll it was somewhat in jest. One one side you have no tilt which is lame, then on the other you have tournament tilt which can really bone you when you least expect.

But true, the whole fun of moving a machine 6" to one side is NOT having it tilt or just double warning.

#36 9 years ago

Cannon on Black Rose. COOL toy.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Flippers, to state the obvious.

Quoted from hollywood:

...and Flippers of course!

Hard to play pinball without flippers. But I consider them basic equipment, not a special feature.

Quoted from DoubleOughtPBs:

I personally love the rocket ship hole on TZ!

Quoted from skquinn:

The Magna-Flip upper playfield on TZ.

While those TZ features are nice, the TZ powerball is even better!

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Hard to play pinball without flippers. But I consider them basic equipment, not a special feature.

The OP asked best pinball feature of all time. Original Pinball games had no flippers….hence, best feature of all time! Basic only now

#40 9 years ago

Automatic ball return kicker.

#41 9 years ago

I'm gonna go with full playfields of controllable RGB LED. I love a good lightshow, and you can't beat the possibilities of full RGB. Now I just need a game I actually want to come along with full RGB

#42 9 years ago

The coin chute.

#43 9 years ago

I could think of tons of great features, but the one i enjoy most is actually the quite simple boom balloon on CV. Love how she shouts "BOOOM!!!" and "KA-BOOOM!!!" with the lights spreading away from the balloon in a wave pattern when hitting it.

#44 9 years ago

Combos! They're so thrilling to complete. My favourite moments on any pinballs are nailing ramp/loop combos.

And lane changing. Especially games that have them on the inlanes as well. I like the way they keep you on your toes and it feels like a game-within-a-game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-pinball-feature-of-all-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.