(Topic ID: 220439)

What is your favorite MAGNET action in a pinball machine? Vote here!

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pfinny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-3 (resized).jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

What is your favorite MAGNET action in a pinball machine? Vote here!

https://goo.gl/forms/0BWu1FcxnI1ozMiE2

(Last weeks top 10 favorite BASH TOYS can be found here: https://thisweekinpinball.com/top-10-bash-toys-in-pinball-machines/)

#2 5 years ago

Dialed In and The Shadow are two of my favorites

#4 5 years ago

X-Men LE for sure...the magnet combined with the Magneto spinning disc make for some crazy action. The start of Magneto Multiball is one of my favorite moments in pinball. Plus Wolverine can toss the ball around pretty well also. Good stuff.

#5 5 years ago

X-Men LE all the way. For reasons stated above.

Incredible magnet action with just enough time to save the ball. Not too many cheap drains.

#6 5 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire - When the magnet catches the ball on top of the Ring Masters head and rises up and then throws it - you never know where it's going ! Also a magnet to stop the ball and load the high wire ramp .

#7 5 years ago

Ghostbusters Magna Slings....Unless youve played a lot, you havent seen all the tricks!

#8 5 years ago

TZ uperplayfield

#9 5 years ago

I love magnets. When I was a kid played pinball never had magnets that I could remember. I got back into playing pinball around 15 years ago and was greatly attracted (pun) to magnets in pinball. Half of the pins I’ve owned have had some magnets.

I’ve had quite a few of the top listed can’t really pick a favorite but here is my unranked top5 list

Totan
    XMLE
    TZ
    DI
    Woz

Some magnets Acdc premium, STLE, IM, SM, TWD, Met pro.

#10 5 years ago

TOTAN disappearing magnet

#11 5 years ago

Bsd! Mist multiball.

#12 5 years ago

Shadow. I know it’s old news now but when you first saw that, it was amazing.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

TOTAN disappearing magnet

I was on RAZA for a bit and Jpop was hopping mad when Stern ‘stole’ his magnet trick for Met LE

#16 5 years ago

Just to be clear, LIS first did the magneto spinning magnet trick back in ‘01. It was maybe even cooler because the balls were fed to magnet via an upkick and wireform and dropped onto the magnet from above.

Edit- I was wrong, but LIS still kicks booty.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

Just to be clear, LIS first did the magneto spinning magnet trick back in ‘01. It was maybe even cooler because the balls were fed to magnet via an upkick and wireform and dropped onto the magnet from above.

Lost In Space came out in 1998, but Twister had the same type of spinning magnet disc and came out even earlier in 1996.

John Borg did both of those games as well as Xmen-LE which has the same type of spinning disc but maybe a little smaller in diameter.

#18 5 years ago

I've been playing the heck outta Twister the last few weeks and the two magnets on it are very fun. There's an upper magnet that can grab an orbit ball and of course the spinning circle that grabs the balls. The multiball tornado callouts and sound effects when the disc is spinning with all the balls caught is quite a show!

Sadly Twister leaves for a new owner to enjoy this afternoon. But it was a blast while I had it.

#19 5 years ago

Magic Girl, so unique in the fact that it doesn't work

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Lost In Space came out in 1998, but Twister had the same type of spinning magnet disc and came out even earlier in 1996.
    John Borg did both of those games as well as Xmen-LE which has the same type of spinning disc but maybe a little smaller in diameter.

My bad on year

#21 5 years ago

Goldeneye.

1. The magnet between the flippers to save the ball and throw it back into the game. Ball heads straight down the middle and bam, stops on a dime between the flippers and is sent back up the playfield. Incredible that it was never done before and not again until Spooky Alice Cooper.
    2. Ramp pops up out of the playfield and you only have a few seconds to launch the ball to hit an oscillating satellite dish before it's snared by a magnet. Now do it again to knock the ball off and get to multiball.

Magnets under the playfield adjusting shots are cool but they have been done so many times, Goldeneye is truly unique.

#22 5 years ago

Black Knight - MagnaSave

#23 5 years ago

BSD Mist mb is really cool. Even non pinheads are impressed with that one. I really like when magnets are used as features in the game and not just throwing the ball around. Not really a fan of the random magnet action that just tosses the ball around. My other favorite is TZ. I really like how the magnets are used to catch the ball in the orbits and then drops them to the upper flippers. It changes how you play and what you shoot for.

#24 5 years ago

Black Knight Magna-save is so fun!
    When used right it saves your ass. When used wrong- the Black Knight laughs at you!
    The best is laughing with the Black Kinght at your buddys miss.

#25 5 years ago

No one mentioned JM and the hand yet? One of all-time favorite toys.
    Besides that, I really like the mist multiball of BSD and the LIS multiball start.
    Not a fan of under-playfield magnets that are just used to randomly ruin your game.

#26 5 years ago

Love the shadow magnet and believe it or not, the Star Wars Prem/LE hyperloop magnets. Also make sure to listen to TWIP Podcast Episode 3 with Steve Bowden to hear the results of last week’s top 10 Bash Toys.

#27 5 years ago

BSD, Shadow, TOM has 4 really great magnet features, the 2 outlanes, the trunk, and the best of all the spirit ring.

#28 5 years ago

xmen LE...

saying that mean you have to also point twister + lost in space

#29 5 years ago

I've never played X-Men LE so I'll have to go with Houdini. Love the action that the magnets put on the ball.

#30 5 years ago

BSD! The first time I played it took me by so my surprise that it has remained number 1 for me

#31 5 years ago

Grand lizard, Pharaoh, black knight, ect...... I like to have control over the magnets. Just me.

#32 5 years ago

Shadow sanctum
    BSD mist ball
    Aerosmith toy box

#34 5 years ago

My favorite magnet is twister. But, some other cool ones that have non been mentioned are judge Dredd crane magnet, demo man crane magnet, x files magnet flings and holds the ball, and golden eye satellite.

#35 5 years ago

Shadow
    BSD
    TOTAN
    CV

In that order.

John

#36 5 years ago

TOM not getting enough love here. The trunk magnet alone could be in the running for GOAT.

#37 5 years ago

Dialed in makes great use of all 5 magnets ...especially the theater magnet and drone.....
    Also bsd is super fun....

#38 5 years ago

TAF has the most throwing power.

#39 5 years ago

The Shadow ball sanctum is unique and cool. Really love the graceful, yet varying, toss that Houdini's magic target magnets give the ball too!

#40 5 years ago

I chose DI forgetting about BSD.

#41 5 years ago

gnr

#42 5 years ago

Ripley's Believe it or not.....the magnet by the shrunken head is cool....

#43 5 years ago

Grand Lizard -- variable magna save lets you wing the ball in different directions.
    -mof

#44 5 years ago

Still partial to the unused TZ Multiball Magnet Toss...

#45 5 years ago

Nobody mentioned the getaway, and the supercharger?!? Who needs a shaker when ya got centrifugal force..

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Ripley's Believe it or not.....the magnet by the shrunken head is cool....

The one by the idol is even cooler.

But I gotta go with Sega's Galaxy from 1973.

The 'Space Patrol' feature is a moving magnet that slowly transports the ball in an arc across the mid-playfield from the left kick-out hole to the right one.

image-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg
    #47 5 years ago

BSD Mist hands down since it's not just a cool trick but you have to shoot at the moving ball to start a multiball mode.

#48 5 years ago

I really like the magnet actions in Houdini... Shadow is quite good too!

#49 5 years ago

I personally hate them, but I'm surprised the Addams Family power magnets aren't getting more votes here.

#50 5 years ago

Love the bsd mist magnet and the taf magnets are amazingly frustrating when it throws the ball sdtm. Was pleasantly surprised to see my ball freeze mid play field during a multiball on gotg. Instantly reminded me of bsd.

Although it doesn't do much I still enjoy the magnet grabbing the ball in Gorgar's snakepit.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-magnet-action-in-a-pinball-machine-vote-here?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.