Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the best Gottlib System 80b game?”

• Chicago Cubs Triple Play 2 votes
      2%
    • Bounty Hunter 3 votes
      2%
    • Tag Team 2 votes
      2%
    • Rock/Rock Encore 1 vote
      1%
    • Raven 4 votes
      3%
    • Hollywood Heat 3 votes
      2%
    • Genesis 26 votes
      21%
    • Gold Wings 8 votes
      6%
    • Spring Break 3 votes
      2%
    • Monte Carlo 4 votes
      3%
    • Arena 1 vote
      1%
    • Victory 5 votes
      4%
    • Diamond Lady 3 votes
      2%
    • TX Sector 20 votes
      16%
    • Robo War 16 votes
      13%
    • Excalibur 3 votes
      2%
    • Bad Girls 7 votes
      6%
    • Big House 2 votes
      2%
    • Hot Shots 2 votes
      2%
    • Bone Busters inc. 9 votes
      7%

(124 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200209_130032 (resized).jpg
    20200209_130016 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I hate to vote and not play all the games or even most of the games... Or heck even a handful of the games on the list.
    I own a raven. And while its never worked great for me(I'm going to fix it up just needs some minor attention and it'll most likely be awesome), you could say that's my favorite of this bunch because of the cheesy theme...

I really liked Gold Wings. But, I only played about 3 games on one. But, I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. I thought the layout might be a bit gimmicky, but nope it shoots very nice.

I only played a few games on a hollywood heat. I enjoyed the game. Watched a lot of footage on papa on this game, and I think I want to own one someday, as I think its pretty nifty. But, I'd like to play a few more before I make up my mind.

I might have played Genesis once. But, that is a game I'd really like to play and find on location as again from the videos I've seen, it looks to be a fun pin.

Spring Break I have played. And... Yep... That's hte nicest thing I can say about it.

Played Excalibur. I really liked it. But, I only played 3-5 games on it. Hope to play some more in the future. Was fun. Like the theme and the art.

TX-Sector, Bone Busters, Victory I played digital versions on and Rock I played the VPX digital version of. TX is a very great shooting pin. Would like to know how it shoots in real life. BoneBusters... Its not horrible, but nothing great... And Victory. Interesting rules, very unique layout. But, I don't like the forced linear gameplay. Some people like that. I don't. While lots of shots, its really just too much of the same thing over and over. Not a fan of it. Don't hate it. Its unique... But, to me not fun... Never played the real pin, so my thoughts could change.

Bad Girls never played. But want to.

I guess I should try to find and play a robowar. Looking forward to that.
    And man isn't HotShots just a really wrong backglass... So much cheese for all these backglasses. I love them. Just so awesomely and amazingly bad.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Lock ball one, lock ball two, hit ramp to release.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Gets boring pretty fast, sold mine to a couple looking for a cheap game for casual play, they love it.

You got a lot of games in your collection. I only have 8... But, I would like to own about 30-50 pins before I die.
    So I really hope to get a massive collection. And I don't mind simple ruleset games. Sometimes I enjoy playing them, and having fun for what they offer. You are correct there is not a lot to that game. But, I do find it fun to pad out my collection with games like that, just because it gives me a break for the other pins I tend to play more of.

I love Iron Maiden, and I love my Elvira... And I play the heck out of them. But, I also enjoy playing a few games here and there on my cheaper pins. I wouldn't want to pay too much for a Hollywood Heat. And I would also slightly retheme it. Just a minor tweak. Mostly just replace the translite.

And right now I do not have the space for a game like a Hollywood Heat. But, one day I hope to get a big pole barn that I'll finish and make super nice and turn that into a Pin Barn. That way I can have a few games like that and not take up valuable real estate.

#29 4 years ago

Great... All this talk about Robo War being a great game, and I went and I watched youtube videos of it, and now I want to own a Robo War.
    I like the backglass, I like the artwork, I like those lights on the backwall, and I like the rules of the game.
    Those types of simple rule games appeal to me.

I also really dig the robot voices. Had to go make me like a rare kind of hard to find game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-gottlieb-system-80b-title?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.