(Topic ID: 3187)

What is your favorite game that currently doesn't reside in the top 100?

By guymontag451

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Laser_War.jpg
b29.jpg
#1 13 years ago

The top 100 pin list here is a great introduction to the world of pinball, and one that influences many people's purchasing decisions. What machines do you feel like should be in the top 100 but aren't? I feel like Dirty Harry is a supremely underknown, and thus underplayed and rated game that deserves to see more playtime. Ramps are challenging, and the gun toy is awesome. Plus Clint Eastwood provided all of the quotes and soundbites. Also Hurricane is a great early dmd with lots of fun to be had on it. I have played his big brother cyclone to death and love it. Found this one to be more of the same. It has one problem (double ferris wheel), but I don't feel that that should keep it so underappreciated.

Anyone else?

#2 13 years ago

I am going older school here and although I don't know why many people have not ever even seen the game, more less play it, Split Second is a great game. An 81' production run of around 3000(or so, no conformation) it has 11 drop targets, 2 pop bumpers, two levels, multi-ball, a u-turn tunnel, and much more. There are others out there but I find this one to be the most interesting due to a minimal number of people who own or have even played Split Second.

#3 13 years ago

I hope I'm allowed two as I would find it really hard to choose.
I'm still loving CSI and trying to get to grips with combining the multi-balls and mini-modes. It "kicks my ass" most of the time which keeps me coming back for more.
The other I love is Lightning (Stern) which I have now owned for several years. Double level, loads of targets, multi-ball, speech and very quick.

The 2nd old Stern already I would love to play Split Second.

#4 13 years ago

Excellent guys. Always on the lookout for the next great pin that I haven't played yet.

#5 13 years ago

Hmmmmmmm,there's a plenty a pinball outside the top 100 that i perfectly enjoy playing...as too my favorites/potential to own id go Nightmare Elm Street,Star Trek 25th Anv(data east)

#6 13 years ago

Taking a quick glance at the list on here I like F-14, Fire, Space Station, Big Hurt, Rescue 911, SF2.

#7 13 years ago

Big buck hunter pro,fun game for me!

#8 13 years ago

I really like a lot of games that aren't in the top 100. Believe it or not, I actually ranked 24, Austin Powers and Starship Troopers all higher than BDK.

#9 13 years ago

Kingpin.

#10 13 years ago

I really like Monopoly, WPT and WOF. I really think WOF would be up there if they finished the code.

#11 13 years ago

Of the games beyond 100 that I've played, I'd probably pick NBA Fastbreak as my favorite. I love the kooky scoring and dated teams/players. Plus sinking baskets is just fun. Beyond that I'd probably say Space Shuttle (surprised it's as low as it is) and Mousin' Around as others I enjoy a lot.

#12 13 years ago

Nascar Stern playboy Austin powers X-files

#13 13 years ago

Independence Day I would love to own! Cue ball Wizard. I own it but would trade it for an ID.

#14 13 years ago

I haven't played any outside the top 100.

That I can remember....But i'll keep lookin

#15 13 years ago

Monopoly, Nascar, and Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

#17 13 years ago

Space Shuttle. Number 124.

#18 13 years ago

World Poker Tour is a top 15 game in my opinion. It has the best designer (S. Ritchie) and programmer (K. Johnson) in pinball and has lots of drops, deep finished software, unique layout, etc. 2nd on my list would be Wheel of Fortune. The two most underrated Stern pins imo.

And is F14 really not in the top 100? That game rocks and has one of the best sound and light shows in pinball!

#19 13 years ago

WPT is a game that I think should be in the top 100.

#20 13 years ago

I can't classify these as favorites, but I played Jokerz a little bit and didn't think it was a bad game. I can understand some people not caring for the music or voice calls but I thought the gameplay was not bad.

WWF Royal Rumble is not a bad game as far as layout and play. I think the upper playfield is well done and works good. The center ramp is an easy shot, but the game isn't overly dependent on it and it seems balanced on how it is incorporated into the game. The theme is what kills it for a lot of people as well as the voice calls. I never got the sound working correctly on the one I had, but it worked well enough for me to hear the music and some of the effects/voice calls. I thought the music was catchy, but the "Oh yeah" and some other voice calls can get on your nerves.

#21 13 years ago

One of Steve Richie's finest: ROLLERGAMES

#22 13 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised how good Rollergames played last year at a show - and no one was playing it!

Some tables are so addictive you can play them for almost forever
I digg the Saturday AM - pot of kick ass coffee, the local university radio station 90s new wave show and my '76 Buccaneer - just keep playing

b29.jpgb29.jpg

#23 13 years ago

F14 FTW

#24 13 years ago

Just noticed another one. Operation Thunder. Barely in the top 200. One of my favorites.

#25 13 years ago

I have pretty strange tastes in pinball machines. Short of a few late 70's-early 80's Williams pins, none of my favorites are on the top 100

#26 13 years ago

I have pretty strange tastes in pinball machines. Short of a few late 70's-early 80's Williams pins, none of my favorites are on the top 100

Which ones in particular? I love that era of pinball.

#27 13 years ago

System 6 and 7 machines. Gorgar, Firepower, Black Knight. Something about Williams sound effects just work for me. We're even looking for a Hyperball if the price is right. Hell I'd even like to put in a dedicated Defender/Stargate machine (we have it on MAME). Williams owned the late 70's early 80's.

#29 13 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2106

Now that is awesome!! I've never seen one, but I'd buy it in a second!!

#30 13 years ago

this is tough topic in my opinion. i like nba fastbreak, andromedia draws me in for some reason. buck hunter pro is also one of mine since one of my other hobbies is hunting they could have done better but not to bad.

#31 13 years ago

Dirty Harry and Roller coaster tycoon

#32 13 years ago

nuf said!

Laser_War.jpgLaser_War.jpg

#33 13 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2106

Brokedad has quickly reassessed my priorities AGAIN! His metachlorian count wobbles the mind...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 23.95
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-favorite-game-that-currently-doesnt-reside-in-the-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.