(Topic ID: 216444)

What is your dream pinball theme?

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

18851 (resized).jpeg
    613FA58C-69C7-4BF8-838C-A9F21ED42282 (resized).jpeg
    il_570xN.1382168439_5qg1 (resized).jpg
    20200819_161126 (resized).jpg
    b2c49c2297e48acbfb5969714bb6257d (resized).jpg
    DC08CDAB-BDA9-4A2B-AF0E-EB2F15F321F1 (resized).jpeg
    Jailbreak (resized).jpg
    551488_560962897281762_1215897001_n.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    stanley_kubrick_collage_by_drdyson.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg
    5242464A-A5DC-4573-ABCE-7744BB973EB1 (resized).jpeg
    0C818ABA-9521-478E-AC63-CF9FC1F9B5E2 (resized).png
    images.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    red-dwarf-5095bfaa73ae3 (resized).png
    futurama-worlds-of-tomorrow (resized).png
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

5242464A-A5DC-4573-ABCE-7744BB973EB1 (resized).jpeg5242464A-A5DC-4573-ABCE-7744BB973EB1 (resized).jpeg

#52 5 years ago

Monster's Inc
    Deadpool

#53 5 years ago

I am kind of surprised there has not been a Lego themed pin yet.

#54 5 years ago

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#55 5 years ago

Something about $4500 NIB

#56 5 years ago

The Matrix
    Blade Runner
    Deadpool

#57 5 years ago

JJP Harry Potter
    Mario Kart
    Metalocalypse

#58 5 years ago

The Legend of Zelda was already mentioned, so my second choice would be Mega Man.

If I ever decided to try my hand at a white wood or re-theme it would probably be Mega Man. The theme seems to translate perfectly to pinball. Each mode is a robot master's level and then fighting the boss. The boss takes less hits to defeat if you have already defeated the boss holding the weapon that the current boss is weak to. After all are defeated, you then start the Wiley's castle mode and finally fight Dr. Wiley for the wizard mode.

#59 5 years ago

Tobor the 8th man
    Forbiddden Planet

#60 5 years ago

I had to Google that...never heard of it before.

#61 5 years ago

Dream Themes:

Alien by HP 1.5 - 120 made and run is complete.
    TBL by DP - 100 made and complete, a run by Xytech is possible.
    Predator
    Matrix
    Pulp Fiction
    Harry Potter by JJP

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I had to Google that...never heard of it before.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Something about $4500 NIB

I totally agree, we need cheaper pins-but with high build quality as well.

I am interested in a BTTF and a Mission Impossible, but not based on recent franchise with Tom Cruise. It would have custom art and use sound and music rights from original MI. Tons of count down hurry-ups and missions to accomplish under distress or time restraints. I have said this about a dozen times now, hopefully Stern is listening. Bring on a Mission Impossible!

The theme song is an epic classic!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Star Trek - original series.
    Custom call outs by William Shatner.

Now you are talking.
    Duke Nukem
    The Prisoner
    Rick Flair
    Richard Petty
    Bruce Lee

#65 5 years ago

Bumping this and letting it run another week for more votes. Vote now! https://goo.gl/forms/RSleUNxlRpYWoExg1

#66 5 years ago

One more bump - Don’t forget to vote for your dream pinball theme! Trying to make a list so manufacturers can look at it and make them (cause it is just that easy )

https://goo.gl/forms/RSleUNxlRpYWoExg1

2 months later
    #67 5 years ago

Haven't read all these but guessing we have all missed what could be an incredible/semi cheaply obtainable Original Karate Kid theme...
    Entertaining potential galore!

#68 5 years ago

Left ramp wax on Right ramp wax off...

#69 5 years ago

Warriors
    Evil dead
    Mad max
    Grateful dead

#70 5 years ago

Memphis Belle

I have been waiting and waiting wether video games or pinball for a great bomb mission done right type of game.

#71 5 years ago

Space Force

#72 5 years ago

Martin Scorsese Anthology pin / Stanley Kubrick Anthology pin

551488_560962897281762_1215897001_n.jpg.cf (resized).jpg551488_560962897281762_1215897001_n.jpg.cf (resized).jpgstanley_kubrick_collage_by_drdyson.jpg.cf (resized).jpgstanley_kubrick_collage_by_drdyson.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #73 5 years ago

Thin Lizzy

I'm heading down to Dino's Bar and Grill for some Jailbreak multi-ball!

Jailbreak (resized).jpgJailbreak (resized).jpg
    #74 5 years ago

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Pin

1 year later
    #75 3 years ago

I would love a ski/snowboard mountain theme where there is a Yeti. Think White Water upgrade with a winter theme. Multiball avalanche, up your ski level from blue to green to black diamond to double black diamond. Mogals. Mission to save skiers from avalanche and Yeti.

Other themes I'd love to see

Hockey Theme (NHL license)
    New Soccer World Cup theme
    Futurama
    Beetlejuice
    New Super Mario
    Donkey Kong Country
    New Back to the Future
    Inspector Gadget
    Coco (movie) or just a Day of the Dead theme
    Spiderman into the Spiderverse

#76 3 years ago

The original Jonny Quest cartoon. Man, that show had a great villain , Dr Zin, cool gadgets like rocket backpacks, laser guns etc. and the music was epic. There wasn’t a kid back then who didn’t want to be Jonny.

#77 3 years ago

New James Bond
    The Phantom
    Pan’s Labyrinth
    Planet of the Apes

#78 3 years ago

1.) Point Break (original Swayze version, of course)
    2.) Pink Floyd The Wall
    3.) Saving Private Ryan (Or Band of Brothers, but the idea of a playfield set up like Omaha Beach would be too good to pass up)

Honorable Mention: Something in the Warhammer 40k or 30k (Horus Heresy) universe.

I don't see any of these getting made with the possible exception of #2.

#79 3 years ago

Grateful Dead. I say that in part because it would be a non-metal related music pin. Something colorful and different.

#80 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin
    Blues Brothers
    The Warriors
    The Road Warrior
    Black Sabbath

#81 3 years ago

In relation with my childhood, i would say Cobra (manga)

#82 3 years ago

If they're going to keep making music pins, maybe throw a bone to something other than rock and heavy metal? Rap has been the most popular genre of music for the last decade. I'd like to see something like an Eminem or Tupac pin, but one artist is a bit too narrow (I think the same with the metal pins). Maybe a Death Row / West coast era pin? Or just a classic hip-hop pin (80s and early 90s artists). It wouldn't be popular with the pinside crowd, but I bet it would do great on route.

#83 3 years ago
    DC08CDAB-BDA9-4A2B-AF0E-EB2F15F321F1 (resized).jpegDC08CDAB-BDA9-4A2B-AF0E-EB2F15F321F1 (resized).jpeg
    #84 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

If they're going to keep making music pins, maybe throw a bone to something other than rock and heavy metal? Rap has been the most popular genre of music for the last decade. I'd like to see something like an Eminem or Tupac pin, but one artist is a bit too narrow (I think the same with the metal pins). Maybe a Death Row / West coast era pin? Or just a classic hip-hop pin (80s and early 90s artists). It wouldn't be popular with the pinside crowd, but I bet it would do great on route.

I said the same thing. A non-metal/hard rock pin would be refreshing whether it is rap or something else. I’m all for something new. I think an 80s rap pin could be a lot of fun. I’m not a rap fan, but there was a lot of fun and catchy rap tunes back in the day.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

...if it had to be a rap Pin?...Beastie Boys...Would sale the best...IMO

#86 3 years ago

I'm shocked I've not seen anyone say Men In Black yet. I keep imagining a bad ass multiball shot through the World's Fair towers and if they can get both will smith and TLJ on board i think that'd be cool.

Maybe a third flipper as a callback to one Starship Troopers maybe? I see people mention a lot how some newer sterns take after some older 90s games so i think it would be really unique, cause as far as i know i don't think any other game has really taken a whole lot from ST. While they're at it maybe take some of the ideas from X Files and stash some aliens behind some of the ramps and maybe have them light to activate modes.

#87 3 years ago

Three Stooges by JJP. No other maker would do it justice! The only hard part would be narrowing down the TONS of material available for the video clips! And both Curley and Shemp would have to be represented. They each have their charms!

#88 3 years ago

Prince!

b2c49c2297e48acbfb5969714bb6257d (resized).jpgb2c49c2297e48acbfb5969714bb6257d (resized).jpg
    #89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

...if it had to be a rap Pin?...Beastie Boys...Would sale the best...IMO

Beastie Boys are fine. They have some crossover appeal. They didn't really do much after the late 90s. Two albums that didn't have any hits that I'm aware of. I'd argue no single artist or group is worthy of a pin besides Elvis (and I'm no fan of his music). A non-pinhead walking up to a pin on location that doesn't like the artist probably isn't going to play it. For somebody like me, who couldn't name more than 2 Beatles or Rolling Stones songs, those pins are an instant turn-off.

#90 3 years ago

Space Balls would look
    great next to Star Wars.

#91 3 years ago

GI Joe (Cartoon)
    Road Warrior / Mad Max Fury Road
    Queen
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Evil Dead with custom Bruce Campbell speech
    The Nightmare Before Christmas (JJP would be a match made in heaven for this theme)

#92 3 years ago

Weird Al
    Back to the Future
    Solar Opposites

#93 3 years ago

Voltron all day

#94 3 years ago

Weird Al Yankovic's Polka Party!

#95 3 years ago

Mine would be unlicensed. You're a crypto hunter trying to catch crypto beats like bigfoot, loch nes monster, mothman, chupacabra, etc. Could have cool toys. You'd have to gather evidence and then battle it to catch it.

Or licensed could be the show supernatural. You go battling monsters

#96 3 years ago

Harry Potter
    Western / Bounty Hunter / Red Dead Redemption
    Godzilla / King of Tokyo
    Castlevania - Not my favorite series, but I think it would make an epic game.
    Mega Man
    Legend of Zelda
    Scooby-Doo
    Batman: The Animated Series
    Monty Python: The Holy Grail - Only if done in a late 70s early 80s style.

#97 3 years ago

I can't believe in two years nobody has said Archer

20200819_161126 (resized).jpg20200819_161126 (resized).jpg
    #98 3 years ago

DaveH pinball. A perfect theme.

It shall have a ruleset that is both deep, and shallow. It will never need to be repaired, but will require constant tinkering. The playfield will be on hydraulic rams that will change the pitch of the playfield every 3 games so you never get complacent.

When you reach the target score, the coin door will pop open and hit you in the nuts, but it will also serve out a cold beer, and a hot slice of pizza. You will be angry and rewarded for your play. Do you want the danger of playing again? Damn right, because you ate the slice and the beer washed it down. Play again player!

#99 3 years ago

Planet of the Apes
    Blazing Saddles
    Tool Time (Tim Allen...)
    Gone with the Wind
    Steve

#100 3 years ago

In terms of a potential epic light show, Nine Inch Nails would be cool. I understand it will never be done, but it would be cool. Very cool.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-dream-pinball-theme/page/2?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.