Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mcshaney
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F5AB6E8-D6F2-4491-B32A-BE3BD3E71C6B (resized).jpeg
    F79A7D11-F5F9-4532-BC6C-16BFF93670C5 (resized).jpeg
    0BE47459-CE4C-41C3-9BFF-4592443CF75A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2487(1) (resized).JPG
    20171208_201354 (resized).jpg
    FFA105B8-4A8D-4714-9248-91886C75A4BD (resized).jpeg
    fish (resized).jpg
    DSCN0232 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0228 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0222 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1559 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1393 (resized).JPG
    Star Gazer 4 (resized).png
    Star Gazer Pickup (resized).png
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

If

Quoted from rollinover:great price
    for the record I never thought you were trying or being annoying but rather sharing the deals one by one with year and prices
    whatever some people respond whack for whatever reason, ive encountered it before myself

If we are comparing prices from years ago, then my first BOP was $500, my first SMB was $600, and I got my first Paragon, Space Invaders, Super Soccer, Jurassic Park, Eightball Deluxe, and RBION for free

#52 6 years ago

My wife!

For multiple reasons!

She has never put a limitation on my pinball!

#53 6 years ago

White Water, bought for $1600 in 2005

Sold for $1500 in 2007

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Topic: What is your best find
    Answer : Relevant Yes. No time frame mentioned in "Heading" of this topic.
    Issue : Your attitude . It is not friendly. If you are annoyed . Envy not a healthy mind set.
    Be glad you have a good career . And you have the means to purchase 17 pinball machines since 2016.
    Be (cool). Respond with (tact and diplomacy) or keep your thoughts to your self . Golden Rule.
    LOTR Limited Edition $ 5,595.00 NIB with shaker motor installed . 4/23/2012

Technically your best find would be just one deal or maybe a couple/a few if they were really close. The OP wants to hear others brag about their sweet deals and others (myself) find those interesting as well. You post "deals" that aren't really that great for the time you bought them and then include huge pictures of machines with nothing visually special about them. I was having to scroll through multiple posts from you with these big pictures, taking the time to read about the price and game, thinking "that doesn't seem like it was probably that amazing of a deal for that time/game" and then moving on, repeatedly.

But I apologize for being rude and calling you annoying. I seriously thought you were intentionally being obtuse. I didn't know that you were seriously posting with the belief that your posts were in the spirit of the thread. Probably 50%+ of the posts I've made on Pinside were useless so who am I to judge?

#55 6 years ago

Price doesn't come into the equation as to what is a great deal as much as the condition of the machine. I consider my purchase this year of a Fireball Classic my best find. Spent a few Months in a gas station in the mountains of NC before going into a home where it would stay till I purchased it. I owned a Classic before in the mid-90's and never thought a clean original still existed. All I found in the interim were faded out beaters. I paid 1050 and its worth every cent.IMG_1548 (resized).JPGIMG_1548 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

IMG_1559 (resized).JPGIMG_1559 (resized).JPG

#56 6 years ago

Picked up a Addams Family Gold in a 4 pin package deal last month for $3,000.

#57 6 years ago

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Topic: What is your best find
    Answer : Relevant Yes. No time frame mentioned in "Heading" of this topic.
    Issue : Your attitude . It is not friendly. If you are annoyed . Envy not a healthy mind set.
    Be glad you have a good career . And you have the means to purchase 17 pinball machines since 2016.
    Be (cool). Respond with (tact and diplomacy) or keep your thoughts to your self . Golden Rule.
    LOTR Limited Edition $ 5,595.00 NIB with shaker motor installed . 4/23/2012

True that!

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

A year and a half ago I got a nice fish tales with no fade for $900.
    It just fell into my lap. A friend of mine bought a house and the previous owner had it in a trophy room. He wanted to sell it to make space for more taxidermy.

Taxidermy...he might have had a hard time parting with Big Buck Hunter. Gross. Great find!

#60 6 years ago

Non-working but complete Spirit for $1300AUD / $900USD.

#61 6 years ago

Me and a buddy bought out an operator in Spurges SD about 5 years ago. Twenty two games for $19,000.

The deal wasn't final until they threw in a MM and LOTR for $4500 for the pair.

DSCN0222 (resized).JPGDSCN0222 (resized).JPG

DSCN0228 (resized).JPGDSCN0228 (resized).JPG

DSCN0232 (resized).JPGDSCN0232 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago

$200 Spy Hunter (1995)
    $300 Space Shuttle (1994)

Since Ive gotten back into the hobby in 2014, I'd say my $1,300 Popeye (needed some work) and my $350 Space Shuttle (bad power supply, and chewed up playfield).

#63 6 years ago

My HUO JP that sat broken in a basement for 20yrs. Nicest PF on a JP I have ever seen. Zero wear on the T-Rex hole. Very little on all 3 scoops. No broken plastics. $850.

#64 6 years ago

Star Trek TNG HUO 1400.00

#65 6 years ago

Bryan wins.

#66 6 years ago

I'm all about the deals. The hunt is like 1/2 the fun. So far I have found a JP for $800, TZ for 2k, and POTC for 2k.

#67 6 years ago

$20 Ballly Eight Ball with a busted backglass. Fully working. Beautiful cab and coindoor.

I am now upside down on it after installing a CPR playfield and CPR backglass if you include my labor!

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a buddy bought out an operator in Spurges SD about 5 years ago. Twenty two games for $19,000.
    The deal wasn't final until they threw in a MM and LOTR for $4500 for the pair.

Is that Sturgis, SD? That is where I am at this exact minute.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Is that Sturgis, SD? That is where I am at this exact minute.

Yes it was. And they have no pins left.

We did, however, spend the night at a Super 8 in Rapid City.

#70 6 years ago

recently $600 CV, only needed a little cleaning.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And they have no pins left.

No wonder there is nothing to play in the black hills.
    I did find a mostly working shrek at Mustang Sally's in Deadwood a couple years back during bike week.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

No wonder there is nothing to play in the black hills.
    I did find a mostly working shrek at Mustang Sally's in Deadwood a couple years back during bike week.

There are about 12 pins on route around Rapid City. They range from T2 to Aerosmith. They are at the theaters or Press Start (the barcade).

#73 6 years ago

free fishtales a couple of years ago

fish (resized).jpgfish (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Vector $100 needed one resistor
    Fathom $400
    Fathom $800
    TOM and No Good Gofers for $3500...both pristine
    Scared Stiff $1500 (Was listed for $1000 but was bid up and I matched)
    Creature $1500
    High Speed $400
    High Speed $450
    Cosmic Gunfight $350...Beautiful and perfect back glass
    Big Hurt $300
    Pinbot $300 Needed power board
    F-14 $350 Early Production
    Flash Gordon $350...nice

Many others....those were the days

Have only purchased one machine in the last 5 or 6 years.....South Park for $500...only 10 minutes from my house...bid up to $650 by the time I got there. Just needed a new ram chip (obsolete chip, but Digikey had suitable replacement for $3). Got it going and hated it...Only machine I ever flipped.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

recently $600 CV, only needed a little cleaning.

$3500.00 I will arrange shipping . PM Sent

#76 6 years ago

$400 Whirlwind. Had several issues, but it plays great!

#77 6 years ago

High speed from father in laws friend that wasn’t working and he wanted me to fix, I fixed it, and it’s been at my house going on two years now....
    High speed - $0

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbad:

High speed from father in laws friend that wasn’t working and he wanted me to fix, I fixed it, and it’s been at my house going on two years now....
    High speed - $0

he didn't come back to get it or you're just 'testing' it

#79 6 years ago

Several years ago I bought a WCS with some minor issues for $650. That was my best deal.

Second best deal was either Congo for $1200 or ST:TNG for $1900. That was like 6-7 years ago.

#80 6 years ago

$100 Pinbot
    $300 Space Shuttle
    $800 Dirty Harry

#81 6 years ago

Back in 2002, I bought WWFRR for $150. It had $175 in the coin box. I returned the coins as I couldn't live with myself if I kept them.

#82 6 years ago

Players condition Centaur $800 in 2011. Was going to put the CPR playfield in it but the original is too nice to rip out.
    Atari Tempest $75 at an estate sale. Needed a new fuse clip.

#83 6 years ago

A buddy of mine just scored a working Dr. Dude for $300 bucks this afternoon. Then he turned around and told me he would sell it to me for $1500. Yeah....

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Back in 2002, I bought WWFRR for $150. It had $175 in the coin box. I returned the coins as I couldn't live with myself if I kept them.

I would have definitely kept them. Can't fix stupid, fool and his money, etc

#85 6 years ago

350 bucks for a BDK in April 2017

FFA105B8-4A8D-4714-9248-91886C75A4BD (resized).jpegFFA105B8-4A8D-4714-9248-91886C75A4BD (resized).jpeg

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from davjoszie:

I would have definitely kept them. Can't fix stupid, fool and his money, etc

Yeah, but Karma always seems to have this way of leveling the playing field. Would rather have her working for me than against me.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

350 bucks for a BDK in April 2017

Nice, what's the story on that one?

#88 6 years ago

No story just a great deal from a one time resource.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

I'd like to start a different thread called "What games did you grossly over pay for?" I could list most of mine. Such as $7,000 for a TOTAN that when it showed up at my house, turned out to be a flood damaged machine.

And sellers get POd when buyer/prospect start asking too many questions.

#90 6 years ago

One day I hope I can post with an awesome story

#91 6 years ago

Free tommy in almost perfect condition. Bought a house in Virginia in 2007 and the previous owner left it in the basement "man-cave". He took a beat up 1000lb slate pool table that cost more to ship than it was worth, but just left the tommy behind. Go figure. It was my first pinball machine and, after putting new rubber on it, I sold it for $3800 a few years later.

IMG_2487(1) (resized).JPGIMG_2487(1) (resized).JPG

#92 6 years ago

Volley free
    2nd place Fireball $1700

#93 6 years ago

$500 Fathom off of a back patio back in '06. Knew it was valuable but traded it off because I didn't want to fix it up. Oops!

#94 6 years ago

NIB Embryon $300
    Factory overstock in a warehouse

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

NIB Embryon $300
    Factory overstock in a warehouse

Damn, I paid $300 for my Embryon in 2010 - not working (bad rectifier, battery damaged MPU board). First pin.
    Still have it, still love it.

#96 6 years ago

2 years ago, $1500.00 Funhouse, came with a box full of NOS parts for it. Ramps, plastic set, lock coil mech, Rudy coils, trap door assembly. Fully working too.

#97 6 years ago

In the last 3 years I've bought a ton of great deals. Some of my best were 22 solid state games for 7200 dollars, an F14 with 2 full sets of boards for 500 AND so much more.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

$3500.00 I will arrange shipping . PM Sent

This is why I don't list my collection.

#99 6 years ago

A Funhouse that may actually be HUO for 2600

A Shadow with extremely minor sanctum wear 1000

A very nice MM 2800

#100 6 years ago

Not the best.. but just grabbed this Friday from CL. BG is spotless..cab is super nice. PF much better then most I've seen here for sale. She'll clean up really nice

Came with a couple of working arcade games as well.

20171208_201354 (resized).jpg20171208_201354 (resized).jpg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-best-find/page/2?hl=pinballdad1961 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.