(Topic ID: 23057)

What is your avatar and why did you pick it?

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Liger_.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-05-15-25-20.png
    big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
    Veridian_Dynamics.jpg
    Amon.jpg
    398213_3186323896103_1534203981_n.jpg
    photo.JPG
    ebp-pbr.png
    Lebowski.gif.gif
    Wilder_dogs.JPG
    Dog_deck.JPG
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago

It's Ron Swanson's hair and moustashe. Why would that NOT be my avitar?

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from drbond:

Long time James Bond fan, and long time James Bond video game developer (worked on all of them except the Nintendo 64 version of World is Not Enough...nor the dreaded Nightfire game for PC).

drbond, that is sweet! The best first person shooter game ever!!! Goldeneye 007 for the N64. Nicely done sir...nicely done.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

drbond, that is sweet! The best first person shooter game ever!!! Goldeneye 007 for the N64. Nicely done sir...nicely done.

Indeed, a lot of time spent playing that game in my youth. I distinctly remember taping up a cardboard screen divider to my Uncle's TV (to avoid screen watching, of course!). My Uncle got home from work and saw what my cousin's and I had done to his TV... "WHAT IN THE HELL!"

#104 11 years ago

Mine is Amon, the main bad guy in Season 1 of "The Legend of Korra".

Amon.jpgAmon.jpg

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Mine is Amon, the main bad guy in Season 1 of "The Legend of Korra".

Cool one!

Mine is the logo of a non-existing company, Massive Dynamic, a "leading firm in science and technology research"
    http://www.massivedynamic.com/

taken from the science fiction television series "Fringe".

We share the same initial... and interest for strange science.

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

... taken from the science fiction television series "Fringe".

One of my favorite shows. I'm just glad it was renewed for one final season.

Quoted from jlm33:

Mine is the logo of a non-existing company, Massive Dynamic ...

Not to be confused with Veridian Dynamics, another fictional company from a great TV show ...

Veridian_Dynamics.jpgVeridian_Dynamics.jpg

#107 11 years ago

My name and avatar are both in tribute to Jack Burtons truck from one helluva great movie!

big-trouble-in-little-china.jpgbig-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

#108 11 years ago

I like hockey..................and men in thong underwear..............what was I thinking?????

#109 11 years ago

Not because I like the Raiders....They are Losers.

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I am away from home for another 2-3 weeks, but will try to when I get back...

I love his stuff also. Between him and Bob Layton- they did some of my favorite Marvel work. Another favorite is George Perez. All have very clean styles which I really love.

That is awesome your wife is related. Love the Infinity Gauntlet stuff that him and Perez did. All time classic stuff.

1 week later
    #111 11 years ago

The "...what's your screen name..." thread is alive again, so I'm bumping this thread.
    Any Pinsiders care to share about their Pinside avatar that have not yet posted on this thread?
    Quite a few Pinsiders have selected some great pics for their avatar.

#112 11 years ago

Me... putting the hurt on Gorgar - circa 1980.

#113 11 years ago

Mine is just the spikes saving the ball from the outlane on my TOTAN.

Maybe it's time for a change as I sold my TOTAN a while back.

4 months later
    #114 11 years ago

Seems like quite a few new pinball fanatics on Pinside in the past few months, so bump this thread for them.

#115 11 years ago

Ha ha, so I did change my avatar...

My current avatar is an adorable long haired Dachshund called Polly that we used to own about 15 years ago. She used to turn her he head like that when she thought it was "walkies" time.
    Avatar changed in support for the "Chloe" thread a few days ago.

#116 11 years ago

Does this mean its time to drag out the "what does your screen name mean" thread?

#117 11 years ago

I am sure everyone here knows what my name stands for.

The picture I chose for my avatar is FSM better known as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It is a cropped parody of the Sistine chapel painting of God reaching out to touch Adams finger.

It is meant to poke fun at organized religion.....just because you cannot see the FSM does not mean he does not exist.

Please do not think into this too much as I do not need the drama that typically comes with my explanation.

5 months later
    #118 10 years ago

Bump for the newbies.

Happy 4th of July to all you great Pinsiders.

#119 10 years ago

Mine reflects my tenacious attempt to be Bad Ass and the ocular pat downs I perform on a daily basis.

#120 10 years ago

Sleeping komodo dragon; imagine what comes next; enough said

#121 10 years ago

I thought it was a picture of the worlds first pregnant man. JK

Quoted from centerflank:

Mine reflects my tenacious attempt to be Bad Ass and the ocular pat downs I perform on a daily basis.

#122 10 years ago

Mine's from my first pinball machine, Swords of Fury. I made it as an avatar for myself before I discovered this forum, even.

#123 10 years ago

SM is one of my favorite pins, although I almost traded it (+ cash of course) for a MOPLE a few days ago!

#124 10 years ago

My avatar choice should be blatantly obvious!

#125 10 years ago

My current avatar is one of my favorite pieces of Alvin G memorabilia; a distributor's banner. I used it because I'm a huge fan of Alvin G machines....

I'm always looking for Alvin G stuff....machines, parts, memorabilia, etc., so please let me know if you have anything for sale. Thanks!

Post edited by MattElder : Added why I chose it....

#126 10 years ago

My avatar is George Washington.

SIMULACRUM ISTUD

AD MAGNUM LIBERTATIS EXEMPLUM

NEC SINE IPSA DURATURUM

HORATIUS GREENOUGH

FACIEBAT

#127 10 years ago

Don't remember if I explained on this thread or not.

I like Pink Floyd. I like The Andy Griffith Show. The guy is Floyd the barber from that show. He was so weird he was cool. Tint his picture pink and you have Pink Floyd.

#128 10 years ago

Baron Karza, because the Micronauts were my absolute favorite toys when I was a kid.

#129 10 years ago

Mine is a close up shot from the translite of my grail machine, Doctor Who.

#130 10 years ago

Mine's a picture of me jumping in front of a dinosaur. I chose it because I am awesome, as are dinosaurs.

#131 10 years ago

Like the bump but, most of the old avatars have changed. Time to update.

#132 10 years ago

BG to SM$M. Was the game that got me into Pinball, the first one I liked, bought, still own.. just love it overall.

#133 10 years ago

If you know Nascar, it is self explanatory.

#134 10 years ago

Mine is my pins why the heck not lol. My name was thought up when I was a carpet cleaner and I used it as my Xbox live gamer tag. Then I started using it everywhere because it was not taken. DementedWarlok can be searched online and I will pop right up. Twitter Google+ anywhere.

#135 10 years ago

I did an Ironman triathlon 2 months ago.....you know, Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles.....did it in 12 hours and 27 minutes...I am pretty happy with the accomplishment so I have the "M-Dot", which is the Ironman Logo.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I did an Ironman triathlon 2 months ago.....you know, Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles.....did it in 12 hours and 27 minutes...I am pretty happy with the accomplishment so I have the "M-Dot", which is the Ironman Logo.

Bragger...

You've given me motivation to switch to lite beer.

#137 10 years ago

A t-shirt design I made for another forum. Most liked it but said their wives would not approve of them wearing...lol

#138 10 years ago

My candlepin bowling alley in the gameroom.....something different to play when playing pinball gets too frustrating (go from one type of pins to the other)

#139 10 years ago

Toejam & Earl...because it was the best Genesis game ever!

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

Toejam & Earl...because it was the best Genesis game ever!

I'd give you "one of the best ever", but Michael Jackson's Moonwalker was the best Genesis game ever

#141 10 years ago

Mine is from the re-theme I am building.

#142 10 years ago

Mine is the backglass for Totem. Totem was my first pin, and my only for about 15 years.

#143 10 years ago

< -------- << Isn't this the cutest smiling dog you've ever seen ?

#144 10 years ago

Mine's the logo from my lemonade stand sized pinball mod company.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Bragger...
    You've given me motivation to switch to lite beer.

You know....when you train for events like this....you can eat and drink anything you want and not gain weight

#146 10 years ago

I like Big Guns.

#147 10 years ago

Mine is of my Dog. I miss that fuckin guy.

chris

#148 10 years ago

It's Carmen Electra ... "No Explanation Necessary"

#149 10 years ago

Just changed mine to my newest bulldog Lillie. Hoping she is a showgirl. I'll know soon enough.

#150 10 years ago

A lot of people will probably recognize mine, but it's the Infinity Gauntlet from the immensely popular Marvel comic series of the same name. It was created by the mad titan Thanos and granted him limitless power. The gems represent power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind, respectively. There's also a Marvel Pinball table based on the series and it's my favorite.

Screenshot_2013-05-05-15-25-20.pngScreenshot_2013-05-05-15-25-20.png

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-avatar-and-why-did-you-pick-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.