(Topic ID: 23057)

What is your avatar and why did you pick it?

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Liger_.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-05-15-25-20.png
    big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
    Veridian_Dynamics.jpg
    Amon.jpg
    398213_3186323896103_1534203981_n.jpg
    photo.JPG
    ebp-pbr.png
    Lebowski.gif.gif
    Wilder_dogs.JPG
    Dog_deck.JPG
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

"These go to eleven....."

#52 11 years ago

Lead designer on Sly Cooper. May as well give a shameless plug for our new trailer

#53 11 years ago

HST fan

#54 11 years ago

A quick photoshop of the logos from 4 of my favourite games:

'Tales of the Attack from Medieval Gofers'.

I had waaaay too much time on my hands back then.

#55 11 years ago

My oldest son last year playing a cherry master

#56 11 years ago

I dig beakers

#57 11 years ago

Because I'm all about things Elvira. Being a big fan of both EATPM and SS actually led to a great friendship with Dennis Nordman.

That, and I've had quite a few personal dealings with Cassandra...

#58 11 years ago

Mine is the image on the backglass that represents my name.

#59 11 years ago

My avatar has nothin to do w/ pinball. I took a pic when passin thru & stopped to check out a small town in central TN called Wartrace. That is the one and only time I've ever seen a flashing red light that had info wording under the light. .... "STOP then go". Got a kick out of that one. There is/was an antique shop there filled w/ nothing but Mountain Dew bottles/signs/& other stuff.
    Someday I'll change out my pic. I much enjoy some of the avatars and screen names that fellow Pinsiders come up with.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

My current one isn't easy to see but it's the Surfer about ready to kick some Wolverine ass! (: I had Ron Lim do it as a custom piece when I saw him at Comicon.

Cool...Ron is my wife's cousin. We went to the same high school in Marysville. He has done several posters and such for my kids over the years.

As for my avatar, I recently switched from a private symbol to the Australian import album cover of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds to celebrate my BIBLE. Yes, I know that is technically a mismatch but its a cool cover!

#61 11 years ago

My kid playing a Bally Mystic, my first machine.

#62 11 years ago

Mine is the backglass for the custom game that I built.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Lead designer on Sly Cooper. May as well give a shameless plug for our new trailer
    » YouTube video

I love this game ! great graphix for its time .

#64 11 years ago

Sorry Changed mine to me . Keep playing with your balls .PEACE!

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Cool...Ron is my wife's cousin. We went to the same high school in Marysville. He has done several posters and such for my kids over the years.

That is really cool!. He's one of what I consider the top 3 atrists in the industry.....Man I'd love to see some of the stuff he's done for your kids.....can you post pics?

#66 11 years ago

Hello All, been on pinside since 03' don't post a whole lot but figured I'd chime in on this one. Mine is of my dog a Boxer named Ellie.

#67 11 years ago

beatmaster my dj name for years in clubs, showing the most popular dj turnable arms, technics sl1200 mkII.

#68 11 years ago

Mine is a set of freshly cleaned and rebuilt drop targets from a holy grail of mine, Seawitch. It was a somewhat arbitrary grab from from my collection of pin related photos when I was setting up my account. I'll probably replace it with a pictured of my rescued pooch. She's cute.

-Steve

#69 11 years ago

My 86 Grand National - my other hobby

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

That is really cool!. He's one of what I consider the top 3 atrists in the industry.....Man I'd love to see some of the stuff he's done for your kids.....can you post pics?

I am away from home for another 2-3 weeks, but will try to when I get back...

#71 11 years ago

Mine is a poster of my favourite movie Outlaw Josey Wales.

#72 11 years ago

I’m the blue alien dud from CE3k, my first machine. Beautiful in an Ugly way!!

#73 11 years ago

I bear a striking resemblance to the King of Payne

#74 11 years ago

My company logo, I've never been to creative.

#75 11 years ago

I change mine fairly often, but right now it's just a really cool pic that I stumbled onto.

#76 11 years ago

<- He lives in my basement and sleeps in my pins.

#77 11 years ago

<---- Because I own the greatest sports franchise of all-time, but they forgot to give me my ring..

#78 11 years ago

Mine is a statue in the hogrock campground in southern IL where they have some kick ass bike rally weekends twice a year

#79 11 years ago

My avatar is of the worse looking fuse I've ever pulled from a pinball machine (actually, it still was working) and I still have it.

#80 11 years ago

The license plate on my Camaro SS and tribute to HS2. Oooooo.... shiny!

398213_3186323896103_1534203981_n.jpg398213_3186323896103_1534203981_n.jpg

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

<---- Because I own the greatest sports franchise of all-time, but they forgot to give me my ring..

I think you must be thinking of a different team...

Bear Down!!!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you must be thinking of a different team...

Bear Down!!!

13 NFL Championships vs. 9

4 Super Bowls vs. 1

A hallowed shrine for a stadium vs. a mistake by the lake

A team owned by its fans vs. a team mostly owned by one rich person

3 starting QBs in the last 20 years vs. 25 starting QBs in the last 20 years

The Bears could almost be called pathetic as a pro sports franchise, but then they'd be known as the Minnesota Vikings!

#83 11 years ago

Mine is Sonic Bird Man, why? Because there are absolutely NO photos of it anywhere on the internet!!

#84 11 years ago

Picture of sexiest man alive magazine cover... Me!

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

13 NFL Championships vs. 9
    4 Super Bowls vs. 1
    A hallowed shrine for a stadium vs. a mistake by the lake
    A team owned by its fans vs. a team mostly owned by one rich person
    3 starting QBs in the last 20 years vs. 25 starting QBs in the last 20 years
    The Bears could almost be called pathetic as a pro sports franchise, but then they'd be known as the Minnesota Vikings!

Reminds me of a good joke from last year...

Q: What do you call 53 millionaires sitting around watching the superbowl?

A: The GreenBay Packers

A few more facts of importance to this topic:
    Most members in hall of fame >Da Bears
    Most total wins by any team > Da Bears
    A founding team of the NFL > Da Bears
    The one superbowl win by the bears is still one of the best and most memorable in NFL history.

For any other question please reference the following video.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=765019771919333912
    End of thread jack

#86 11 years ago

Because I'm the wolf.....

#87 11 years ago

I used to work at a hazardous waste facility in the summers to help pay my way through school. I always liked the ominous look of the biohazard symbol I saw at work everyday. It was the year 1996, and at that time, my girlfriend gave me a Playstation and a kick-ass game called Resident Evil (which just-so-happened to be called Biohazard in Japan). My fantasy football team needed a name that fall, so Biohazard was the choice and it's been intimidating my rivals ever since. I just decided to recycle it here.

#88 11 years ago

Taxi translite because it was my first pin. And I loved Anghelo's "Zombie" translites (Taxi and High Speed)

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

The Bears could almost be called pathetic as a pro sports franchise, but then they'd be known as the Minnesota Vikings! []

OOOOooooooooooooooooooo!

#90 11 years ago

I don't even remember where I found this, but its a thumbnail of a 'realistic' rendering someone did of Krang from TMNT. I always thought Krang was a very cool, iconic villain and when I saw the real deal I was blown away. I use it all over the internets now... I suppose I should change it to The Pinball Podcast logo, or Duke City Pinball logo... but its KRANG!

#91 11 years ago

I was trying to do my name in Black Sabbath Master of Reality lettering

#92 11 years ago

I was trying to do my name in Black Sabbath Master of Reality-ish lettering

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I don't even remember where I found this, but its a thumbnail of a 'realistic' rendering someone did of Krang from TMNT. I always thought Krang was a very cool, iconic villain and when I saw the real deal I was blown away. I use it all over the internets now... I suppose I should change it to The Pinball Podcast logo, or Duke City Pinball logo... but its KRANG!

You met Krang???? Ill bet that was awesome!!! I'll bet he has a cavalcade of whores, you know, mind tricks and all!! How's he doin?????

#94 11 years ago

Although, his tripod is not as cool as a gigantic bald guy who's belly is like a sweet ass RV

#95 11 years ago

I also change my pic often, trying to match whatever gorilla mood I was in. Currently it is of me, playing Congo.

#96 11 years ago

Long time James Bond fan, and long time James Bond video game developer (worked on all of them except the Nintendo 64 version of World is Not Enough...nor the dreaded Nightfire game for PC).

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Duke city pinball? Care to elaborate? Just curious my last name is Duke.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I also change my pic often, trying to match whatever gorilla mood I was in. Currently it is of me, playing Congo.

Wait a sec...

Are your avatar pics always YOU dressed in the gorrila suit? I had always assume they were just lifted from the net for comedy purposes.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Are your Avatar pics always YOU dressed in the gorrila suit?

No. this is the original shot of me. I can see how I wasn't clear, sorry

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Duke city pinball? Care to elaborate? Just curious my last name is Duke.

I'm from Albuquerque, which is called the 'Duke City' as it was named for the Duke of Albuquerque. We have a local pinball club.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-avatar-and-why-did-you-pick-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.