New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 282062)

What is wrong with T-rex?

By ravve

9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 days ago

I am byuing a DE Jurassic Park and the seller is going to ship it, it is too far to see it live.

Seller sent me this video. As u can see, something wrong is going on with T-rex. It says to check the switch.

Seller is convinced that it must be some adjustment issue, what are your opinions?

Shouldnt the T-rex also move sideways?

What can I ask the seller to do, to know if it is a cheap issue in terms of adjustment, or if is an expensive issue like a motor issue?

Also let me know if u find something else strange on the game, looking at the clip.

Thanks!

#2 8 days ago

Post your question here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club .They know all about TRex issues

#3 8 days ago

I have a nice used working perfect t rex motor and gearbox , if needed. Make fair offer

#4 8 days ago

extinct

#5 8 days ago

Sold my DE Jurassic Park 2 years ago. Best to ask here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club

With that said, the T-Rex should move side to side, up and down, open and close it's mouth, and eat the ball. Here is a time-stamped video from my sales video 2 years ago.

T-REX motor repair can be complicated. I'm going to guess between $50 and $400 U.S. to fix depending on parts needed and repair skills. Good luck!

#6 8 days ago

There is a setting to shut off the movement of left and right. Check in the settings to see if it’s shut off. It looks like Rex isn’t closing the switches that can also be tested in the settings. You would just adjust the switch gap or where they are placed in the wood.

#7 7 days ago

Thank u all, now I know enough to get me going
Cheers!

#8 6 days ago

This will also help in your quest... The "theory of t-rex"
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/039A_SB.pdf

Also...I don't think this is your issue, but the relay boards for the trex under the playfield are known to suffer from cold solder joints and often need to be reflowed.

Good luck.

#9 6 days ago
Quoted from ravve:

I am byuing a DE Jurassic Park and the seller is going to ship it, it is too far to see it live.
Seller sent me this video. As u can see, something wrong is going on with T-rex. It says to check the switch.
Seller is convinced that it must be some adjustment issue, what are your opinions?
Shouldnt the T-rex also move sideways?
What can I ask the seller to do, to know if it is a cheap issue in terms of adjustment, or if is an expensive issue like a motor issue?

Also let me know if u find something else strange on the game, looking at the clip.
Thanks!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have a nice used working perfect t rex motor and gearbox , if needed. Make fair offer

If JP is going to be a long term pin for you, I highly recommend getting this motor and gearbox.

Hopefully it is just the motion that's turned off in the settings...or a loose wire or cold solder. If not, T-rex motor repair is costly and time consuming. You would be better off with a replacement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside