Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-769.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddy-o.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So my son and I went to our first sanctioned pinball tournament. The venue (pizza joint) was packed. My son and I went out the front door to get some fresh air. We were about 5-10 yards from the front door and there were groups of players mingling about. As my son and I stood about 4 feet from each other, I noticed a local lady stop and talk to a group a pinheads. She then walked towards my son and I. She walked up between us, mumbled a couple of words. Then without warning she brought her hands up to her waist and BOOM!! She dropped her pants to her knees, squatted, and started peeing on the sidewalk. I looked at my son as we both stepped back as to not get our shoes "rained on" and he was horrified! I started yelling at her and she just smiled. We then walked over to another group and as she was still squatting she looked over and waived. This is really not the lasting memory that I was hoping my son would have of our first "real" tournament.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from P42Hogger:

You need to go to higher class pinball tournaments.

It seems like the only places with machines are in the iffy neighborhoods.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

well i mean, i'm assuming it wasn't the mayor.

Not the mayor. That is for sure I told the owner of the pizza joint and he said something like "not again" so I am sure she is not all there. Perhaps it is time to cull the human herd 25% or so?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

No big deal really, you gotta fire right along with her, just remember, never cross the streams....
    While she clearly has some things going on inside of her head we are not all privy to, that would be a funny lasting memory with my son for sure.

You know if I were to "whip it out" in front of a mother and her 10 year old daughter, there would have been a lynch mob - and jail time.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Tournament directors were rather pissy, I hear.

Tournament was good! Well run with a generous purse. And no, the director (Echa) was happy and organized!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's part of the "charm" of Oakland.
    Aside from that, how was the tourney?

It was good!!

#35 9 years ago

At least he will finally stop picking things up from the ground.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from JafCo:

Lol. I was at that tournament, and I think I was in the group she "stopped to chat with" first. She came through and copped a feel of one of our asses, thankfully not mine. If I recall correctly, she had a price tag stuck to her forehead.
    Other than that, fun tournament! Great job Echa.

That was her. Hope your friend burns his pants. They gots the nasties now

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

How you reacted to the situation is by far a more important to your child than a person peeing in the street. If you reacted by lashing out, yelling, name calling and talking about how she should be murdered, I'm guessing you caused a lot more damage to your son than she did.

When a dog pees on the floor, you yell at it and force its nose into it to teach it not to do that again. She got off easy with a little yelling and minor expletives.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

image-769.jpg 48 KB

This is Hilarious!!!! Thanks

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Next time push/shove/nudge her over and into her own piss.

I aint touchin' THAT

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Hey Daddy-o,
    I was there at the tourney, and am pretty sure I played in your son's group in qualifying. He did great BTW.
    I witnessed the urinating as well. I also spotted her eyeing people's unguarded beers outside, looking for an opportunity to down them when no one was watching. She caught me staring at her from inside the bar, and then shied away. Her eyes told the story of how inebriated she was already.
    Pinball does very well in bars, especially in urban areas. Moments like this are going to continue unfortunately in places like downtown Oakland or SF etc. The upside was that your son got to hang out with a great group of Pinball enthusiasts from the Bay Area (70+ !!). Shoot, he even got to see Neil Shatz, a living pinball legend that very rarely plays in tournaments anymore.
    I hope this doesn't hinder you both coming out in the future. It was good to meet you both.
    -Chris

Thanks Chris! It was good meeting you also. Yes, Peter was in your group and in his eyes you were the pinball legend yesterday! He still says you should have won.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No joke. Was this at York?

What is York?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddy-o.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-wrong-with-people?tu=daddy-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.