Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JDub1006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wagon9.jpg
    pointless1.jpg
    2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg
    See_ya_!!.gif
    tumblr_kzfp5a5g2y1qa0uujo1_500.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    052bdfd69463.gif
    2012-02-06_16-19-11_851.jpg
    5N65G35F33K83Ja3Nbca33c0300a0c0991940_.jpg
    2012-10-19_13-35-58_17.jpg
    Secret_Service_in_LED.jpg
    Secret_Service.jpg
    DSC03322.jpg
    P1010006-(2).jpg
    pink_floyd.jpg
    laughing-my-AZZ-Off.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 11 years ago

I have problem when a mod actually makes a machine less fun or harder to play. For instance; bright LEDs in the backbox that cause a ton of extra glare on the PF glass, LEDs strobing that make the balls harder to follow, mods/toys that block the view of the ball, etc.

What really bothers me are games that people have taken a lot of time and money to bling out, yet it still has old black rubber, flippers that need rebuilding, dead switches, needs leveling, etc. To use the car example, this is the car will all kinds of ground effects and wings but needs paint and has dents/rust or a car that has a huge stereo that does nothing but rattle due to no soundproofing so it sounds like shit anyway.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

The first game I played that had been fully LED'd out was a Whitewater... At first I thought it looked great, but when I tried to play it... OMG, it was a nightmare... the ball was like a hologram... a bit like the Predator geezer... so much light reflecting off it from all around, it was had to see where the ball ended and the playfield began... trying to time hits was a nightmare... I walked away after ball 2 drained...
    I guess there's a good and bad way to LED games out... I certainly saw the bad way on that game!!
    I suppose one advantage of LEDs is that if you get a crappy playfield and put overlays over all the wear spots, then the LEDs will make it hard for the buyer to spot

Some games look worse than others with LEDs. WH2O is possibly the worst. They always look terrible in full LED no matter how long and hard the owner worked on getting it "just right".

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

There is absolutely no ball strobing

So what LEDs are you using that magically eliminates ball strobing from GI lights that run on AC voltage? Sorry, but I have stood and watched strobing on high end LED games while the proud owner stood right there and said "see - no strobing".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-with-this-pimp-my-pinball-attitude-lately?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.