Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JDub1006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wagon9.jpg
    pointless1.jpg
    2012-10-15_19-08-08_359.jpg
    See_ya_!!.gif
    tumblr_kzfp5a5g2y1qa0uujo1_500.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    052bdfd69463.gif
    2012-02-06_16-19-11_851.jpg
    5N65G35F33K83Ja3Nbca33c0300a0c0991940_.jpg
    2012-10-19_13-35-58_17.jpg
    Secret_Service_in_LED.jpg
    Secret_Service.jpg
    DSC03322.jpg
    P1010006-(2).jpg
    pink_floyd.jpg
    laughing-my-AZZ-Off.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpsystem3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Am I the only one that cringes when I see all these god-awful mods people are putting into their machines lately? LED's on 80's and 90's games, STREET GLOW under the friggen cabinet, gaudy colored powder coating, LED Speaker Grilles... the list goes on. When I see a "decked out" machine I throw up a little. You're hard pressed to find a shopped game WITHOUT led's and other crap these days. Do people really consider them appealing and or adding value to the title? Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'd take a factory-spec restoration over some custom abomination any day of the week.

I just wonder what these guys cars look like... probably street glow, 30" sub woofers, TV's in every head rest hahaha

#4 11 years ago

Sweet car, bro. lol

I hear ya that these businesses wouldn't be operating if no one was buying... but the same could be said about a LOT of stuff (spinner hub-caps come to mind for some reason).

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Well Hell , Another Hater of Led's and mod's !! I see you have Thumb's up for the Familiar crowd
    of yr Type of Subject .. Hate All you want , In the End You will be Hated !! Rookie ,,, 2 months at Pinside , Yr starting off BAD ......
    I Bling & mod Pins to the MAX !!!!!

Can I really take a guy seriously who types like he's a 6th grader txting her BFF?

Cool wh20 bro... those blinding LED's really set the mood!

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yo cpsystem3 ,, and to Yr Thumb's Up Crowd ( Mr Wizzo why the hell are you in there )
    Post a Pict- of Yr Collection Like Shanetastic did , Lets see what ya got !!
    Or are you Guy's Not into the New age Digital camera's yet , still using Polaroid ..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81414148@N05/

Thats only two of the five I have.

And for the record Black_Rose, you've probably got at least 10 years on me. Dont be trying to pull that "old school/ new age" bullsht because this has nothing to do with age.

#122 11 years ago

...but, alas, this thread is degrading. I dind't intend to start a flame war, I was legitimately asking "whats with this new obsession". Lets try to bring the focus back.

Is it "new blood" in the hobby?

Is it "we have the technology, so why not"?

Or is it people are getting bored with the same old machines they've been seeing for the last 20 years (sterns excluded), and want something "fresh"?

The intention of this topic was to have a legitimate discussion, because I am actually curious.

#127 11 years ago

@ Hwawonyu and TheLaw- you're damn right I wanted to start a legitimate discussion, and I sucessfully did. 126 posts after my initial post, 17 people supporting my view, 9 people opposed (at the time of writing this).

Please explain how this was not a legitimate discussion? We were able to hear the opinions of both supporters and haters on why they feel the way they do. Maybe I was a bit harsh or brazen with my selection of words, but like many in the hobby I am pretty passionate about the topic.

I don't feel I need to coddle opposing points of views. I respect them for what they are, to each their own. But if I feel strongly one way or another about something, I'm not gonna pussyfoot around the subject...

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I guess we will agree to disagree on what dictates a ligitimate discussion vs troll thread.

For the record, we're not agreeing on anything, or disagreeing. You haven't made any valid points one way or another.

In fact, all YOU have done is troll the thread and try to derail it with all of your posts. Love it when the pot calls the kettle black.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I agree. You collection sucks and so do your ancient views : )

Level 10 troll here, watch out. Don't feed him!

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not trolling, playing in your sand box. I may not start a thread and do it but more than happy to be along for the ride ; )
    I will gladly state my opinion. Asking folks why the do the mods and their opinions is a legitimate thread. Posting attacking threads and posts is asking for a fight. You state otherwise so we disagree.
    Personally someone who spends some money on some decent games and plays around with LEDS and then says its not for me is someone I would discuss it with. A person with a bunch of old games that just hates new stuff and whants to post attacking threads is someone without credibilty.

So people that collect "old games" have no credibility, and therefore their opinions should be disregarded? Keep on trollin, troll.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpsystem3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-with-this-pimp-my-pinball-attitude-lately?tu=cpsystem3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.