(Topic ID: 95470)

What is with the cheap looking mods?

By NBAFan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ci_lunapark.jpg
    image-329.jpg
    image-971.jpg
    moes flooring 009.JPG
    pinball 021-648.JPG
    pinball 009-136.JPG
    moes floor turquoise 015.JPG
    AngryOldMan-LEDs.jpg
    b4after.jpg
    Rice Burner.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

Before you judge people's choices, get to know them (or better yet meet them IRL). Play their pins and you may find that you actually enjoy some of the mods. I was a traditionalist once like you, but I've learned there is a place for LEDs, chrome, mirrorblades and shakers. I don't like aftermarket toppers, but I'm not going to ridicule people who buy them.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from NBAFan:

Some of you need to hear this because obviously nobody is giving you honest feedback in real life.

Quoted from jalpert:

I thought he was respectful. Opinionated, but respectful. He called nobody out, insulted nobody personally, just commented on the generally state of mods.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from _litz:

Last weekend, at the Southern Fried expo, my Scared Stiff was placed right next to a brand new Star Trek.
    The light glare off the LEDs on the ST was unbelievable.
    Scared Stiff got considerably more gameplay than Star Trek.
    Saw, more than once, someone walk up to Scared Stiff and note nobody playing Star Trek.
    They reached down, turned off the ST, played their game, then turned it back on when they left.

Next time just bring your game over to the "dark side of town" - I had all my pins set up in the other ballroom, and I didn't see many LEDs over there. Maybe we need sections for LED vs. incandescent. But honestly, the glare from the overhead lights bugged me a lot more. I guess they have to be on for insurance purposes...

#80 9 years ago

DM looks awesome with LEDs. I remember playing a really nice at SFGE but I don't recall if it had LEDs. It just looked great and played great!

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

+1
    If all you want is for the game to look like an old antique and don't mind bulbs going out frequently, stick with old tech.

#94 9 years ago

wayout440 is the Bizarro World version of NBAFan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-with-the-cheap-looking-mods?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.