(Topic ID: 296980)

What is up with Vending Machines - Closed Market?

By RyanStl

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I keep coming back to the idea of getting one of those mechanical countertop vending machines for the house. I buy chips and bars and the kids just have no control and eat them all up way too fast. I want to put the goods in a vending machine, so it takes a bit of work to get (talking $0.25). I like those countertop units I see at places.

This isn't necessarily a WTB post. Mainly, where in the hell do you buy something like that? Nothing online for new sales. The only one on FB MP here the person just ghosts and Ebay is local pickup only. Nothing on CL (CL is basically dead here). I would buy a new one, but my Google Fu is really failing for this type of thing. Sam's Club has one for $2K that's electronic. I'm not looking for that.

Where should I go to get something like this?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Sam's Club has one for $2K that's electronic. I'm not looking for that.

From a distributor, a good vending machine would be a lot higher than that.

I don't know that counter top ones are made for commercial use anymore.

Restored ones can get pricey.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I buy chips and bars and the kids just have no control and eat them all up way too fast.

Maybe get a very large tool box or something and put a lock on it?

Then just lay out a little at a time for the kids while you are snacking also.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

From a distributor, a good vending machine would be a lot higher than that.
    I don't know that counter top ones are made for commercial use anymore.
    Restored ones can get pricey.

Maybe that's the problem, it's a used market only now. I want the kind that has like 6 rows or so, you put in a quarter, and turn the knob to get your bag of chips. No electricity, jut mechanical.

I get the whole lock it up thing, but that's really annoying and you have to move stuff to the pantry eventually anyway. The vending machine is a lock that takes a little bit of work on the kids part to get the goods.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

ebay.com link: NIB Mechanical Tabletop Compact Snack Vending Machine 1 tier 9 item
    Is this what you’re looking for?

Yes, didn't realize they weigh a 100 lbs though.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes, didn't realize they weigh a 100 lbs though.

Commercial equipment tends to be heavy. It has to withstand wear & abuse.

I'm guessing there's some other dispenser or solution out there. I'm sure other households have had similar issues. Turning to commercial vending equipment doesn't seem like it would be the only solution.

#8 2 years ago

You could probably find a full size one that's out dated cheap. Call a few food vending companies in your area.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Commercial equipment tends to be heavy. It has to withstand wear & abuse.
    I'm guessing there's some other dispenser or solution out there. I'm sure other households have had similar issues. Turning to commercial vending equipment doesn't seem like it would be the only solution.

Well, we all have commercial coin op toys in our game rooms, so it should make sense that this is what I'm thinking.

Other ideas are welcomed.

Quoted from freeplay3:

You could probably find a full size one that's out dated cheap. Call a few food vending companies in your area.

Yes, there are some on FB MP here for $400, but allas, room is an issue. Just like, pinball.

#10 2 years ago

You might be better off getting a claw machine so you have to win any treat. I was looking for one a few months back so I could add the toys my kids didn’t pick up. “You want it back, you have to win it.”

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from uptownsinclair:

You might be better off getting a claw machine so you have to win any treat. I was looking for one a few months back so I could add the toys my kids didn’t pick up. “You want it back, you have to win it.”

That's funny. Better be good enough to claw the cool ranch instead of the spicy nacho.

#12 2 years ago

Last one i sold was for $100 used.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from uptownsinclair:

Mix in healthy treats. So the kids don't always get candy.

#14 2 years ago

My FB marketplace has dozens. As a matter of fact, I saw a warehouse full of them for sale the other day!

Try setting your marketplace to the CT/MA area and see what you find. Here’s one:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795037734533679/

#15 2 years ago

For pure mechanical vending machines, you could try the ChicagoLand show.
    https://www.chicagolandshow.com/
    There was a whole wave of 1940s-1960s vending machines that could only handle up to 25c pricing. They became obsolete when no snack was priced that low. The machine may be identified as vending "candy", "snacks", or "pastries" -- i.e., no refrigeration involved. Expect them to weigh over 100 pounds!
    .................David Marston

#16 2 years ago

Don’t know if this takes quarters:
    The price seems too good to be true.

https://www.audryyo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3343&zenid=d37li156pjl72ctbkp30l2j8h7

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from alyssa:

My FB marketplace has dozens. As a matter of fact, I saw a warehouse full of them for sale the other day!
    Try setting your marketplace to the CT/MA area and see what you find. Here’s one:
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795037734533679/

You know the saying. Wish I was closer.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-up-with-vending-machines-closed-market and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.