Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DD0A4AEF-0E6C-47D3-90D3-2169D3B0D206 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Apparently they can manufacture a new game, yet they can't answer the phone at tech support? Doesn't make any sense to me. Very frustrated that I have to email them to get a warranty part (hopefully) when they just announced the new game. All these people are working from home in the last few months and they can't figure out how to help existing customers. Just to pass on the info the support email is [email protected]

Venting, I know - I know.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Apparently they can manufacture a new game, yet they can't answer the phone at tech support? Doesn't make any sense to me. Very frustrated that I have to email them to get a warranty part (hopefully) when they just announced the new game. All these people are working from home in the last few months and they can't figure out how to help existing customers. Just to pass on the info the support email is [email protected]
    Venting, I know - I know.

Hate to hear that buddy. The email is [email protected]

Have you asked distro to follow up with Stern as well?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hate to hear that buddy. The email is [email protected]
    Have you asked distro to follow up with Stern as well?

hoping I don't have to

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

hoping I don't have to

Recently customers have told me that Stern is requesting that a distributor submit the warranty request for parts, so you may wanna check with them too

#5 3 years ago

What’s up with mezel mods? Charged me for a bunch of things and sent one item? No email responses...

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Recently customers have told me that Stern is requesting that a distributor submit the warranty request for parts, so you may wanna check with them too

will do

#7 3 years ago

Problem I have is an opto problem, and I have no clue what controls them on the new system. Without tech support, I don't even know what to replace...

#8 3 years ago

Just found it goes into node 9, so I guess I'll have him order one.

#9 3 years ago

I had to email Stern twice before I got a response, and it took several days, just FYI, but they did eventually get back to me.

#10 3 years ago

I've had good experience recently. Generally reply to an email within a day which I think is acceptable. I did get through on a call a few weeks ago but it ended up email was better to share pics etc.

#11 3 years ago

They are slow for things that don’t make them money. I won the Stern Insider thing in March (autographed JP playfield). Still waiting for it. They keep saying “soon” when I ask.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just found it goes into node 9, so I guess I'll have him order one.

Check the Molex connectors to the node board. I’ve had a few issues with the crimp pins inside the connector...one was not making contact with the header pin on the node and one pushed out from the connector.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I can confirm this. I have them on speed dial from stranger things. Haha. But yeah I’ve had to have my distro approve the submission and copy them on all requests.

#14 3 years ago

Just an update - nothing from Stern. I told the customer to request a new node 9, but not good that I have to guess what the problem is. Waste of everyone's time and money. I will look at the connector, but it is a problem after the game warms up so I doubt it is the problem.

4 months later
    #15 3 years ago

I heard from a friend that Stern suspended phone tech support. Temporarily, I hope. Friend emailed them 3 days ago, no response, which is standard, but without the phone as a workaround, they're basically giving up on tech support.

RIP Chas

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I heard from a friend that Stern suspended phone tech support. Temporarily, I hope. Friend emailed them 3 days ago, no response, which is standard, but without the phone as a workaround, they're basically giving up on tech support.
    RIP Chas

I had a hunch. Chas was freakin awesome. He helped me so much as a noob replacing a Acdc premium vault playfield.

#17 3 years ago

I reached out to them over one month ago via email for a question (with all necessary documentation to get some support), and then followed up two weeks ago, and nothing. So basically, they're not going to help, or conveniently overlooked my email twice...

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from atum:

I reached out to them over one month ago via email for a question (with all necessary documentation to get some support), and then followed up two weeks ago, and nothing. So basically, they're not going to help, or conveniently overlooked my email twice...

Concerning they use to be top notch.

#19 3 years ago

yup. i had a light issue. i wrote them, 3 days later they wrote back. in the meantime fixed it and ask them if i should do a test or something. no response. it's a joke there is no phone # to call right now.

#20 3 years ago

I have had better luck recently then I have in the past. I emailed one time and didn’t get a response. I sent another email a few days later and got a response back. After that responses have been quick and helpful.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Concerning they use to be top notch.

With top men no doubt

DD0A4AEF-0E6C-47D3-90D3-2169D3B0D206 (resized).jpegDD0A4AEF-0E6C-47D3-90D3-2169D3B0D206 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #22 3 years ago

The trick is getting that first response. They should be able to respond within 24 hours. Check back every day until someone helps you. Always copy your distro too so there are as many eyes on your request as possible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-up-with-stern-no-tech-support?hl=gblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.