Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Zsuttle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I got a EM Gottlieb pinball recently and I got the GIs to work but some of them don't,then do. Also none of the lamps under the inserts are working either. How should I fix this? I checked plugs and fuses too

#2 10 years ago

Start with checking for bad sockets in the gi circuit, common on old em's. The feature lighting sounds like a bad connection at a jones plug.

#3 10 years ago

Ok checked sockets and plugs nothing improved

#4 10 years ago

Check for loose fuse connections. These are all the easy process of elimination. From your description, as gi lights are working intermittently, that usually translates to a loose connection or bad socket.

#5 10 years ago

Yes got the GI lights to stay on by bending a fuse holder. But still no luck with the insert lamps

#6 10 years ago

That fuse holder will need replaced. It's weak and will give nothing but problems.

#7 10 years ago

Did you definitely check all the Jones plugs? There's not too much else that would cause ALL of the controlled lamps to be out.

#8 10 years ago

As dm said, about all that's left is a broken wire.

#9 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure I checked all the plugs but I can check for loose wires.

#10 10 years ago

Wiggle the plugs for the controlled lights, plug and unplug a couple times, make sure they're not corroded. Also, I'm not sure if Gotts have a seperate fuse for contolled lights verses gi lights or not. If you found one bad fuse holder, good chance there's more. Don't just look at a fuse and assume it's good either, pull it and check it with a meter.

#11 10 years ago

Ok found a loose wire on a jones pin. It was soldered on but cracking away. I temporarily fixed it and will do a better later. Thanks everyone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-up-with-my-playfield-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.