• Latest reply 11 years ago by NM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

In negotiations for my first pin. Was hoping TFTC,Congo,BSD,or STTNG would be my first but here we go. Works perfectly but has upper playfield planking.
It was just cleaned and shopped out with new lightbulbs, rubbers, replaced broken plastics and boulders, and changed all the flasher domes to blue.

What's it worth?

Thanks for the input

#2 11 years ago

2500-3000. Great game. How are the ramps? Expensive set. Upper pf are found cheap with all the repos.

#3 11 years ago

I will be visiting the owner tomorrow. From what I have been told,the ramps are unbroken,good shape.ty for your input

#4 11 years ago

here is the playfield

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5 11 years ago

To hard to judge. I just did one and man it adds up fast so with that in mind. Pay attention behind the green lock targets any breakage cracks deduct 300 or so right away for those two ramps. Pay attention to the mount tabs on the spine chiller ramp. Check every one on the left side goign down the pf. If they are busted deduct another 200. If this ramp shifts it will cause mega headaches down the line. Stick your finger down in the whirpool ramp. Its conical in shape and inserts into the pf down into a subway. If you feel jagged edges or chips take off another 100. Check every raft as there is bound to be damage.

#6 11 years ago

Oh and while you can surely replace one ramp at a time if you like the new ones make the old ones look like ass. wh20 with new ramps is truly a sight to behold and one of the best looking games in all of pinball

#7 11 years ago

Thank You very much AkumaZeto. Awesome information.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

To hard to judge. I just did one and man it adds up fast so with that in mind. Pay attention behind the green lock targets any breakage cracks deduct 300 or so right away for those two ramps. Pay attention to the mount tabs on the spine chiller ramp. Check every one on the left side goign down the pf. If they are busted deduct another 200. If this ramp shifts it will cause mega headaches down the line. Stick your finger down in the whirpool ramp. Its conical in shape and inserts into the pf down into a subway. If you feel jagged edges or chips take off another 100. Check every raft as there is bound to be damage.

You will also want to check the whirlpool switch under the rear mountain. If the owner never adjusted the ball guide then this switch mount will most likely have endured some damage including the ramp mount.

#9 11 years ago

Good Luck - WH2O is a sweet pin and definitely on my WL!

#10 11 years ago

ramps need to be flamed. if the topper is nice he could probably get 3.5k-4k+. looks nice, they don't come up often and they sell pretty quick. anything less, and it's a steal imo.

#11 11 years ago

How can you even say this without knowing if the cab is faded?

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

if the topper is nice he could probably get 3-5k-4k+

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You will also want to check the whirlpool switch under the rear mountain. If the owner never adjusted the ball guide then this switch mount will most likely have endured some damage including the ramp mount.

Ahh yes big foot ramp gets trashed easily.

#13 11 years ago

Of course check for cabinet fade, particularly the eagle on the cabinet front (most are faded here it seems); also check for fade on the yellows/browns on the sides. (IPDB has some unfaded/faded examples.)

Make sure the topper is present ($$$) and also check for fade on it, too. Most will have a bubble or two in the foil.

Mountains are often cracked as well.

Just about all of them have Lost Mine Kickout wear; LSOG sells an overlay.

#14 11 years ago

Ok I know the pin your talking about . It was the same one at Gamewarp . If I remember correctly the game played nice. It has no topper , the side art is faded . I really didn't notice the plankin in the upper playfield but I also wasn't really looking. In the craigslist ad he does mention something about being up with the cabinet but can't remember exactly what. Anyway as far as price I don't really know . The price is in the eye of the beholder.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How can you even say this without knowing if the cab is faded?

Most are faded. I sold mine in two days. Got flooded with calls. People are willing to pay for this pin for whatever reason. Quickest pin I ever sold. If the seller isn't asking on the high side, I'd be surprised. Looks like he put some work into it. I think he knows what he can get. Curious how this turns out.

#16 11 years ago

Thank You all for the feedback! It seems as though the seller,a pinsider named "OWL"(or something close), is a straight up guy and he has been forthcoming regarding some of the so called deficiences(they dont bother me much). The only issue for me(not a deal breaker) is the planking. It's the kind of thing that would eat at me over time. I understand that repro playfields exist but at closer to $1,000 to replace,its not the cheapest fix. After sleeping on it,I'm torn because my holy grail pin(and the one sparking my initial interest in pnball) is STTNG. It is so close price wise give or take $600-$800 that it makes me wonder what to do. More confused now than ever(not that it's that hard 2 do)
Anyway,I really appreciate the feedback.

#17 11 years ago

Any fully-operating WH2O without any major damage should sell in the $3k+ range these days. That game is very sought-after.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

After sleeping on it,I'm torn because my holy grail pin(and the one sparking my initial interest in pnball) is STTNG. It is so close price wise give or take $600-$800 that it makes me wonder what to do. More confused now than ever(not that it's that hard 2 do)
Anyway,I really appreciate the feedback.

My .02...just wait for a STTNG. Murphy's Law states that as soon as you load that WH20 into your pin-hauling vehicle of choice, the title you really wanted will pop up for sale close to you. It's easier to wait out something that you want, then try to cure the pinball bug by rushing into buying something you may not want in 2-3 months.

Let us know what you decide!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

My .02...just wait for a STTNG. Murphy's Law states that as soon as you load that WH20 into your pin-hauling vehicle of choice, the title you really wanted will pop up for sale close to you. It's easier to wait out something that you want, then try to cure the pinball bug by rushing into buying something you may not want in 2-3 months.

Let us know what you decide!

Well said sir!
I'm officially out of the White Water sweepstakes. I wanted to thank everyone for their input. I have bookmarked and will undoubtely use this advice to my advantage when I do purchase Wh2o.Thanks Again.

Here is the link to the CL ad if anyone else is interested

tampa.craigslist.org link

#20 11 years ago

Looks like it may already be spoken for - deleted by it's author. Good thing you decided against it!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Looks like it may already be spoken for - deleted by it's author. Good thing you decided against it!

All apparently moot anyway: seller thought about reducing the game to $2800 in a FS post on another forum this morning--but subsequently decided it's no longer FS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-wh2o-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.