(Topic ID: 142454)

SOLVED! What is this Transistor on my WPC95 Driver Board? Looks wrong...

By PinsOnly

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinsOnly
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151025_133248.jpg
    pdb95_lmpmx_Col-8.jpg
    20151024_122734.jpg
    20151024_123049.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsOnly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi, Any idea what this transistor is on my MM Driverboard? It is in Q97 and should be a TIP107. I am having trouble with the Lamps on Column 8 (All of them) I know there is another hack in the wiring that I haven't addressed yet, but it was all working fine, then one day they don't come on at all. Looking at the board I see this transistor in Q97.

Oh, it's the Green one...

Thanks, Dave

20151024_123049.jpg20151024_123049.jpg
    20151024_122734.jpg20151024_122734.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Yes, ECG 264, so Beefier is better, or at least OK? Hmmm, OK, Thanks for the Info, I will keep looking at the wiring hack. Still strange that it simply stopped working on it's own after years of working fine, just like these things seem to do once in a while... sigh.

#6 8 years ago

Hmmm, I don't know that test, I will have to look into that. The switches all work, it is the Lamps that don't. Really hard to spell "Fire" when you don't know what you have left to hit! All the switches work fine. I do know someone took power for that column from elsewhere, it is weird, but I saw the Green transistor and thought I'd see what that was all about.

#7 8 years ago

Note/Correction That should be COLUMN 8 on the Lamp Matrix.

#9 8 years ago

Solved, The trace was bad from the center leg on the Transistor to the Pin for the connector. I ran a jumper and changed out the transistor (which still tested good). All is fine now.

Here is a picture of the wiring hack, for some reason a previous owner (Vendor) opened the wire for that lamp column and ran a nother wire to the lamp at the end of the column, in this case, the shoot again lamp, effectively creating a loop instead of a chain. It was working fine until the trace opened. I removed the wire and it is back to original and 100% working.

Thanks for the tips and help everyone, much appreciated!

Dave

20151025_133248.jpg20151025_133248.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsOnly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-transistor-on-my-wpc95-driver-board-looks-wrong?tu=PinsOnly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.