• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.29.03 AM (resized).png
thumper-bracket (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I have a Globetrotters machine I am playfield swapping (my first), and I'm trying to locate a replacement for the little brackets under the Thumpers (similar to the one shown here with nuts affixed). I can't seem to find them, and am unsure what they're called. Didn't see them in the Bally parts manuals. Are they still something that can be found for purchase? Or is there a modern replacement part? Otherwise, it'd be pretty straightforward to make a replacement bracket and just use washer/nuts. Thanks!

thumper-bracket (resized).pngthumper-bracket (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Is that the yoke? Maybe post a picture of the actual bumper. The part in the photo I can't identify.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Is that the yoke? Maybe post a picture of the actual bumper. The part in the photo I can't identify.

No, it's not the yoke. I will try and get a picture of it in place. It sits under the playfield, and holds the two screws that secure the bumper body and base.

#4 3 years ago

Here's an image of one in position, slightly obscured.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.29.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.29.03 AM (resized).png

#5 3 years ago

I would just hammer a couple t-nuts in, held in place with a screw, and call it done.
Not really “factory”, but certainly just as functional, and would look fine if anyone cared.
Manufacturers changed to just putting wood screws into the playfield instead of those anyway. I think that Bracket was considered overkill eventually. (Although the wood screws often strip out eventually)

#6 3 years ago

Looking at it more, T-nuts might interfere with the skirt “stinger” coming through the hole in the middle. Might need to grind one side a bit.
Or locate a parts playfield to get some off.

#7 3 years ago

Yeah I had the same thought about t-nuts but haven't checked to see if they'd interfere, or how easy they'd be to install...or even if it'd have enough wood to hold on to since a lot of that area around that middle bumper hole cutout in the playfield is kind of spacious where the screws pass through.

#8 3 years ago

Gottlieb system 80 machines used a similar mounting plate.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Gottlieb system 80 machines used a similar mounting plate.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I can track one down that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-thumper-bumper-bracket?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.