Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The_Romans (resized).jpg
    Reposta_281015766_385672673505779_3319716071942062095_njpg.png (resized).jpg
    8D713EEF-EEB6-4B1A-B2C3-70227CCD0A4E (resized).jpeg
    1AD2CE7C-BF95-45B7-969E-AADB1A77E48D (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Looks like I have found competition for American Cornhole

1AD2CE7C-BF95-45B7-969E-AADB1A77E48D (resized).jpeg1AD2CE7C-BF95-45B7-969E-AADB1A77E48D (resized).jpeg8D713EEF-EEB6-4B1A-B2C3-70227CCD0A4E (resized).jpeg8D713EEF-EEB6-4B1A-B2C3-70227CCD0A4E (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Dang, already switched to some drunken debacle called "Slippery Stairs", which while entertaining....isn't pinball. Must be Ocho takeover.

#3 1 year ago

Proof of concept!

#4 1 year ago

Looks like I need to be setting the DVR.

#5 1 year ago

ESPN - Disney - Marvel Avengers… yep, I get it.
    Nice to see pinball out there anywhere.

#6 1 year ago

That host looks pretty cringy.

#7 1 year ago

Unrelated but last night on this network TV show called "The Chase" they asked the very first contestant what his plans for the money and he said to fill his house with pinball machines. "I got 2 and room for 10 more!" He banked 50k first round but not sure if he got to keep it or how it turned out but it that sentence ruined my nap..lol

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Actually, that's Imoto and she's really awesome!

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

How so?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Hopefully thats some sort of inside joke that I'm not privy to

#11 1 year ago

She’s done a lot of great TV video production and has been host at the TYIPs.

She was based in ATL and involved in the pinball community here. Not she where she lives now.

And she’s just a really great person.

#12 1 year ago

She works for Marco Specialties and can be seen at all the pinball events filming, taking pictures, setting up the booth, chatting, and/or playing. (I believe she is a cinematographer also). She helps host Marco's Tech Talk Live, with Kyle on Thursday's. It's a You Tube channel on fixing pinball machines. She is a very positive spirited person who helps spread pinball cheer. She is an amazing individual.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

She works for Marco Specialties and can be seen at all the pinball events filming, taking pictures, setting up the booth, chatting, and/or playing. (I believe she is a cinematographer also). She helps host Marco's Tech Talk Live, with Kyle on Thursday's. It's a You Tube channel on fixing pinball machines. She is a very positive spirited person who helps spread pinball cheer. She is an amazing individual.

Yeah but what has she done for us lately ?!!

Oh pinball on ESPN.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Sounds cool.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Imoto is a Great Ambassador for pinball and an amazing person.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Looks like I have found competition for American Cornhole
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have an AIQ, but it looks like they are playing Challenge modes instead of playing full games. Head to head doing things like these challenges built into the new SPIKE 2 games could actually make pinball a lot more interesting for people on TV. It definitely is more simple to understand and provides much faster gratification. Unfortunately the only games they might be able to show on ESPN would be the Disney themes, but at least there are a handful of those to chose from at this point.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah but what has she done for us lately ?!!
    Oh pinball on ESPN.

Do you live under a rock? My family and 1,000's of other pinheads hung out with her last weekend at Golden State Pinball Festival. She was at MGC the weekend before, will be at Northwest Pinball show next weekend, was in Chicago for the Expo, etc, etc, etc.

There is more to pinball that Pinside.

Reposta_281015766_385672673505779_3319716071942062095_njpg.png (resized).jpgReposta_281015766_385672673505779_3319716071942062095_njpg.png (resized).jpg
    #18 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Do you live under a rock? My family and 1,000's of other pinheads hung out with her last weekend at Golden State Pinball Festival. She was at MGC the weekend before, will be at Northwest Pinball show next weekend, was in Chicago for the Expo, etc, etc, etc.
    [quoted image]

Yeah but what's she done for us since then?

Bupkus!!!

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

[quoted image]

I think you missed the sarcasm in Levi’s post.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Here's Monty Python's version of Levi's joke (I'm assuming this will resonate with a fellow gray-beard).

The_Romans (resized).jpgThe_Romans (resized).jpg
    #21 1 year ago

Congrats to Imoto and Stern Pinball, was this from MarcoTV or exclusively on ESPN2? I hope to see it again.

#22 1 year ago

This originally aired last summer as part of The Ocho block. Was pretty cool to watch.

#23 1 year ago

I started off with this thread saying "cool pinball on tv!" as the thread goes on im saying "What the hell did this chick do to bluespin ?"

#24 1 year ago

betting blues hit the wrong thumb on his phone...

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

This originally aired last summer as part of The Ocho block. Was pretty cool to watch.

Yeah I was pretty proud seeing it on TV.
    Look, was it on after Mike The Situation play bagg-o and & before something called "slippery stairs?' Sure; Baby steps people!

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

[quoted image]

Swing and a miss

#27 1 year ago

I was surprised to also see this on TV yesterday. ESPN really is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for content! I kind of enjoyed it, but it was hard to watch.

#28 1 year ago

Woke ESPN desperate for viewers. Sad

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Woke ESPN desperate for viewers. Sad

Out of their 3 person on air crew, two are white guys.

So what’s the problem?

That’s still 2/3rds unwoke!! You gotta take what you can get these days man!

#30 1 year ago
    #31 1 year ago

I'm sure she can pack on more head gear, it doesn't even look like she's trying!

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

That many times?

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I often do *shrug*

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bucoholic:

I was surprised to also see this on TV yesterday. ESPN really is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for content! I kind of enjoyed it, but it was hard to watch.

Hmm... let's see. NBA playoffs currently going on, check. NHL playoffs happening, check. MLB season heating up, Nascar in mid-season. Check check. Yeah, I'm sure they had nothing else to put on.

The whole episode is available on demand on ESPN's website, but you need to download their app to see it. Jack Danger and Tim Sexton were the announcers. Them and Imoto did a great job. You want competitive pinball on ESPN? This is what it's going to look like. I have it on DVR and have watched it more than once

#35 1 year ago

Think you can host a pinball related show? Well, you'd better have some thick skin.

#36 1 year ago

Get downvoted because I don't know some pinball person and ask why they are "awesome".

I would've asked the same question, "How So?", if the comment was, "That's Imoto and she's a piece of shit."

I don't know of her and asked the person to elaborate, maybe a smidge, on their broad statement of "She's awesome."

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Get downvoted because I don't know some pinball person and ask why they are "awesome".
    I would've asked the same question, "How So?", if the comment was, "That's Imoto and she's a piece of shit."
    I don't know of her and asked the person to elaborate, maybe a smidge, on their broad statement of "She's awesome."

Downvotes are about as irrelevant as being the worlds tallest midget.
    Don’t let it bug you.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Downvotes are about as irrelevant as being the worlds tallest midget.
    Don’t let it bug you.

I don't at all. Just pointing out the idiots.

#39 1 year ago

While I like that competitive pinball made it to ESPN, I don't necessarily like that it was part of The Ocho block. Kind of makes it the butt of a joke, when it shouldn't be. I've seen other blocks of The Ocho before and it has other things like the Central Ohio Grocery Packing Championship, a cow chip throwing contest(and not a good one), a mullet championship(yes you read that right), and other weird competitions. Pinball is a bit more mainstream than those I'd think, and pinball tournaments/competitions are a bit more well put together and organized than a bunch of folks throwing cow dung mildly far. I might be biased, though....

As for ESPN covering all the regular professional sports, what licenses do they have left? Do they have the rights to air NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR anymore? It seems to change every year what they can and do air. If they can't air games, seems like there's only so many times they can report the scores, and only so many televised radio shows they can play before people change the channel.

And full disclosure, the ONLY times I've watched ESPN at length in the past few years has been when The Ocho has been on. I actually quite like the Death Dive(Døds) competitions and hey, if Cornhole can graduate from The Ocho to having full tournament coverage, maybe there's hope for pinball!

#40 1 year ago

Hey, I’m from Ohio and it’s truly home to the best grocery packers. Don’t let those losers from Indiana tell you different.

Quoted from Miguel351:

While I like that competitive pinball made it to ESPN, I don't necessarily like that it was part of The Ocho block. Kind of makes it the butt of a joke, when it shouldn't be. I've seen other blocks of The Ocho before and it has other things like the Central Ohio Grocery Packing Championship, a cow chip throwing contest(and not a good one), a mullet championship(yes you read that right), and other weird competitions. Pinball is a bit more mainstream than those I'd think, and pinball tournaments/competitions are a bit more well put together and organized than a bunch of folks throwing cow dung mildly far. I might be biased, though....
    As for ESPN covering all the regular professional sports, what licenses do they have left? Do they have the rights to air NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR anymore? It seems to change every year what they can and do air. If they can't air games, seems like there's only so many times they can report the scores, and only so many televised radio shows they can play before people change the channel.
    And full disclosure, the ONLY times I've watched ESPN at length in the past few years has been when The Ocho has been on. I actually quite like the Death Dive(Døds) competitions and hey, if Cornhole can graduate from The Ocho to having full tournament coverage, maybe there's hope for pinball!

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

He must have hit the wrong button twice then lol

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I'm sure she can pack on more head gear, it doesn't even look like she's trying!

Reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg bit "You've got a lot of cranium accessories"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-pinball-on-espn2?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.