New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 55020)

What is this part on TAF?

By PinballHog

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MattElder
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I took my TAF playfield out and put it on my rotisserie. After I got it all secured and about to start removing things from the playfield one of these parts hit the ground. A few minutes later the other one hit the ground. Lol does anybody know where these go under the playfield?

image.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I think they are used to space the rotating bookcase base so it is flush with the playfield.

#3 7 years ago

Correct.

They go between the bookcase assembly and the underside of the playfield.

#4 7 years ago

I thought I knew my TAF inside and out but I have never seen these before. Guess you learn something new every day.

#5 7 years ago

Are you talking about these two legs on the bookcase? Like a spacer? I guess these were added in after the manual.

#6 7 years ago

Photos

image.jpg image.jpg

#7 7 years ago

You got it!

The only reason I know this is because I had to disassemble that horrible assembly, forged by goblins in the seventh circle of hell, to install the bookcase decals a couple of weeks ago.

#8 7 years ago

Cool thanks. I guess the screws were loose and they came out when I turned the playfield.

#9 7 years ago

I have a few shop out pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157627040027505/

You can expand them for close ups if you need any more references.

#10 7 years ago

I am about to throw mine on a rotissiere. I appreciate the heads up.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

think they are used to space the rotating bookcase base so it is flush with the playfield.

I'll have to take a look under mine tonight, but I don't see why they would need these spacers on the bookcase base to make it flush (mine doesn't have them), as they have that very nice leveling assembly...the one with the adjustment knob and the locking collar. Did some TAF's not have the bookcase leveling/adjuster assembly?

All that said, I do have these spacers elsewhere on my TAF....they are under a different mech. (I can't remember which one right now, but I did see them when I shopped it out). Perhaps someone moved them at some point, or maybe they were used as needed on various things.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

but I don't see why they would need these spacers

They do. The whole mech isn't flat with the playfield. Otherwise one side will be higher or lower than the playfield.

LTG : )

#13 7 years ago

Just worked on my bookcase tonight, those spacers were present between the bookcase assembly and the playfield.

#14 7 years ago

Sheesh, my memory just isn't what it used to be.....I checked mine out, and of course they are where they should be. Not sure what I was thinking, as I had just replaced the bookcase base two weeks ago when I shopped the game out. I put them back in without even thinking about it, and then completely spaced out when I posted earlier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside