(Topic ID: 31228)

What is this part? It came in my Fish Tales goodie bag.

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PNBLWZD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I bought a fish tales from an auction a while ago that could very well be HUO. Dirty as heck with no wear. 6500 plays with no quarters dropped. The "Goodie bag" contents were in a manila envelope. This was with all the easily identifiable pinball parts. I have not seen it before and can't imagine what it would be for. I suspect its not a pinball part but wanted to check before I tossed it aside.

#2 11 years ago

Pic?

#3 11 years ago

Here

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

i think it might be a cover you screw to the bottom of the cabinet to cover the on \ off switch to stop kids switching it on and off
I had one similar on one of my machines - of coarse it got tossed

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjam:

i think it might be a cover you screw to the bottom of the cabinet to cover the on \ off switch to stop kids switching it on and off
I had one similar on one of my machines - of coarse it got tossed

Ok, Ill buy that. Sounds like a logical explanation. Thanks.

#6 11 years ago

So do you like your Fishtales, I am thinking about getting one. Is $1,600 a fair price on a Fishtales? What did you pay for yours?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

I bought a Fish Tales from an auction a while ago that could very well be HUO. Dirty as heck with no wear. 6500 plays with no quarters dropped. The "Goodie bag" contents were in a manila envelope. This was with all the easily identifiable pinball parts. I have not seen it before and can't imagine what it would be for. I suspect its not a pinball part but wanted to check before I tossed it aside.

I don't believe that came with the machine from the factory. My buddy has a HUO Fish Tales and that plate was not in the goodie bag.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

So do you like your Fishtales, I am thinking about getting one. Is $1,600 a fair price on a Fishtales? What did you pay for yours?

I bought this fish tales because it was cheap. I had never played a FT before. It had never been cleaned and everything was sluggish. I just finished shopping it out and will be putting some test games on it today. As of now I'm not a fan of the machine. Maybe now that it's playing better I will like it. I'll find out today. $1600 could be a good price but it all depends on condition.

Quoted from BoJo:

I don't believe that came with the machine from the factory. My buddy has a HUO Fish Tales and that plate was not in the goodie bag.

I just realized the pic is compressed. The plate is actually a rectangle. About 9 inches x 5 inches. It looks square in the pic. I am looking on my phone though. That may make a dif.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

$1600 is more than fair. This Pin has been on the rise all year.

Good Luck...

#10 11 years ago

Fishtales is one of the best pins ever made IMO...music and all...will never sell mine, unless I find one HUO or something..1600 is a decent price, that's about what I paid for mine, hauled it out of a campsite...

#11 11 years ago

That is a closeout plate for the hole on top of the backbox, in case the topper is not installed.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

That is a closeout plate for the hole on top of the backbox, in case the topper is not installed.

Not sure that is correct... mine came with that already on top under the topper. It was more square with a circular yellow sticker.

detail.jpgdetail.jpg

#14 11 years ago

decktard is correct. The backbox cover plate is small and square. It also has the decal.

#15 11 years ago

Look it up in the owners manual...

#16 11 years ago

FT is a great pin I have always wanted one and will never sell. I can see how it's not for all but you will find people on here that will bag out MM and TAF so each to own I guess.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah now that I think about it and see that decal, this piece is too big and rectangle for the topper closeout plate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-part-it-came-in-my-fish-tales-goodie-bag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.