(Topic ID: 56263)

What is this part called?

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0453.JPG
    images.jpg
    rubber.jpg
    rubber_stop_1.JPG
    rubber_stop_2.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

What is this rubber stop called? I've looked on Marco and can't find it. 2 of these are so bad I don't dare touch them until I can find new ones and replace them. Thanks.

rubber_stop_2.JPGrubber_stop_2.JPG rubber_stop_1.JPGrubber_stop_1.JPG

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Perhaps what I posted in this thread will help you.

beat me to it!

#6 10 years ago

I ordered these for my DE machine - found it by part number.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00

#7 10 years ago

Grommets, or bumper plugs.

#8 10 years ago

Yeah its Grommet

#9 10 years ago

A grommet...I knew that Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to contact Marco tomorrow. Probably a 40 cent part that costs $6.95 to ship.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

A grommet...I knew that Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to contact Marco tomorrow. Probably a 40 cent part that costs $6.95 to ship.

Y'know, you can find these at pretty much any hardware store. No shipping required. All you need to know is the hole size in the coil bracket. (Please don't ask me what a 'hardware store' is!)

#12 10 years ago

This is what you want . http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6420

rubber.jpgrubber.jpg

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Y'know, you can find these at pretty much any hardware store. No shipping required. All you need to know is the hole size in the coil bracket. (Please don't ask me what a 'hardware store' is!)

Your rite...never thought of that. Thanks Steven.

#14 10 years ago

Yup that's it, how I missed that at Marco I'll never know. I'll go to the hardware store like Steven suggested tomorrow.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks a lot guys. Pinside members are the BEST.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll go to the hardware store like Steven suggested tomorrow.

Good luck with that . I have never seen those at Hardware stores .

#17 10 years ago

The only grommets I'm familiar with at any local hardware store are designed to protect wires passing through metal. They are made of a much softer rubber and don't protrude up from the metal as far.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Just a different version of the same idea. I like the black/grey rubber/silicone door mutes because they aren't prone to rotting away like the other type made of gum rubber tend to do.

#19 10 years ago

Got it today, 37 cents. Here is a pic. with old and new. Thanks StevenP for the idea.

IMGA0453.JPGIMGA0453.JPG

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got it today, 37 cents. Here is a pic. with old and new. Thanks StevenP for the idea.

That is not the right part

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

That is not the right part

but it works just like the old one and fits perfectly.

#22 10 years ago

haha. good enough for government work.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

haha. good enough for government work.

but without all the red tape.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-part-called-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.