By SealClubber

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 14 years ago

I have a Stern Meteor.
I need the rubber strip that sticks to the front of the score display to keep it from rubbing and damaging the backglass. Anyone know what that is called? I have looked for it on part suppliers websights but haven't seen it. Knowing the correct term might help with the search.

#2 14 years ago

I don't know what it's called and even if it's sold but you might just try some double sided foam stripping that comes in various sizes. You can find it at most home and hobby stores. Just peel one side and stick it on the display. Leave the coating on the side against the backglass. I just put some on my door to the garage that's about 1/8th of an inch wide and thick to seal it from drafts for the winter.

#3 14 years ago

what brokedad said.

Any foam tape should do, just get as close to you can to the orig stuff. Ive even used that scotch padded tape stuff that is double sided I got from wally world.

#4 14 years ago

Thanks. I decided to use that felt tape that you put under chairs or in back of bookshelves to keep it from marking the wall. If anyone else has used it and knows it damages backglass please let me know. I just purchased a backglass that looks to be in 95% shape as compared to mine that is horrendous and don't want to damage it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-part-called and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.