(Topic ID: 227128)

What is this marking under the coindoor ? (Glb Ice Revue)

By Pinasco

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180813_175639_resized (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1621 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinasco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi !
    I recently bought a 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue - that I hope I will find the time to restore .

But one thing has caught my curiousity already: there is a four digit number stamped in the wood under the coindoor (5688).
    Was this factory made or is it more likely some import or aftersale marking ? What could it stand for ?

As far I know, the game has been here in Sweden since at least the mid or late seventies.

Thanks in advance !

thumbnail_IMG_1621 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_1621 (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago

Thanks a lot !
    Obviously I´ve got to read a bit more about old pinballs in general.

Yes, You´re right. It must have been a stressful day at Gottliebs when my cabinet was stamped, or someone couldnt find the "0"-puncher for the full five numbers

@jar1551; thanks ! Yes, I looked it up a little bit here in pinside before buying it, and it seemed like a rather good EM-player. Then when the seller lighted it up - I was hooked. The backglass art here is also great, especially in a dark room. There is something about it cosmetically that really stands out- in my mind at least.
    Apart from that, here in little Sweden- these wedgehead oneplayers are rather rare, so I did not want to let this opportunity slide by without grabbing one.
    For every 30 EM-games that are offered on our sale sites, I'd say max 1-2 are wedgeheads.

I find the wedgehead/oneplayers have a particularly nice symmetry when you compare the backboxes to for instance the Williams 4-players from the 70's- which in my mind are just to big and "squary". Saying that without disrespect to the Williams EM-crowd - they are all wonderful machines of course

Have a nice weekend !

I'll post some pics of my machine on pinside, as soon as I cleaned it properly and replaced the the rubbers and bulbs. Before- and after pictures of course.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinasco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-marking-under-the-coindoor-glb-ice-revue?tu=Pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.