New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 227128)

What is this marking under the coindoor ? (Glb Ice Revue)

By Pinasco

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180813_175639_resized (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1621 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hi !
    I recently bought a 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue - that I hope I will find the time to restore .

But one thing has caught my curiousity already: there is a four digit number stamped in the wood under the coindoor (5688).
    Was this factory made or is it more likely some import or aftersale marking ? What could it stand for ?

As far I know, the game has been here in Sweden since at least the mid or late seventies.

Thanks in advance !

thumbnail_IMG_1621 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

That's the game's serial number.

#3 2 years ago

I love my Ice Revue. It's a straighforward game that has a nice bit of challenge to it. Fantastic for competitions, despite being a single player. And yes, ForceFlow got it in one.

#4 2 years ago

As ForceFlow states that is the serial number. It appears that the first digit is off a bit, missed stamped. The bottom of the 'zero' is above the other numbers. 05688.

#5 2 years ago

Definitely the serial number of the machine. Put there by Gottlieb.

#7 2 years ago

the first digit in these 60's games was a 0, they were having a bad day. Here's one from a Kings&Queens I own, apparently a long day in the stamp shop that day.

20180813_175639_resized (resized).jpg
    #8 2 years ago

Thanks a lot !
    Obviously I´ve got to read a bit more about old pinballs in general.

Yes, You´re right. It must have been a stressful day at Gottliebs when my cabinet was stamped, or someone couldnt find the "0"-puncher for the full five numbers

@jar1551; thanks ! Yes, I looked it up a little bit here in pinside before buying it, and it seemed like a rather good EM-player. Then when the seller lighted it up - I was hooked. The backglass art here is also great, especially in a dark room. There is something about it cosmetically that really stands out- in my mind at least.
    Apart from that, here in little Sweden- these wedgehead oneplayers are rather rare, so I did not want to let this opportunity slide by without grabbing one.
    For every 30 EM-games that are offered on our sale sites, I'd say max 1-2 are wedgeheads.

I find the wedgehead/oneplayers have a particularly nice symmetry when you compare the backboxes to for instance the Williams 4-players from the 70's- which in my mind are just to big and "squary". Saying that without disrespect to the Williams EM-crowd - they are all wonderful machines of course

Have a nice weekend !

I'll post some pics of my machine on pinside, as soon as I cleaned it properly and replaced the the rubbers and bulbs. Before- and after pictures of course.

#9 2 years ago

Your 0 looks to be there its just way offset and they only caught the bottom of it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.00
    $ 91.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 16.95
    $ 6,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Hardware
    Police Force Spinner Out of stock
    Tucson Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 11.00
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside