Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5007a (resized).jpg
IMG_5007a (resized).jpg
IMG_5008a (resized).jpg
IMG_5002 (resized).JPG
IMG_5006a (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Just started stripping the playfield of a Williams super star, and there seems to be a home-made part thats been added? Certainly the mount (blue arrow) is home made. And the wires look out of place. Its purpose seems obvious, when the coil is energized the metal bit (red arrow) will pull on, and therefore drop, the target. but I cannot see any reference of this coil in the schematic.

IMG_5006a (resized).jpgIMG_5006a (resized).jpg
It has a two pin connector that connects to the base board - these jones plugs (well at least the female one) look original.
IMG_5007a (resized).jpgIMG_5007a (resized).jpgIMG_5008a (resized).jpgIMG_5008a (resized).jpg

All a little weird, any ideas?

And imagine my surprise to see this home made target
IMG_5002 (resized).JPGIMG_5002 (resized).JPG
I wonder if it was an very unpopular grandchild?

#3 6 years ago

Hilarious!

So when during the game does the drop target get triggered to drop? I know on this game the drop is up in front of the bonus hole and you hit it once to drop, then into the saucer to collect and the target resets. Is the drop release tied to a switch somewhere? Interesting.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So when during the game does the drop target get triggered to drop? I know on this game the drop is up in front of the bonus hole and you hit it once to drop, then into the saucer to collect and the target resets. Is the drop release tied to a switch somewhere? Interesting.

Yep. Good question? Any Super Star owners out there?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

I wonder if it was an very unpopular grandchild?

I know I plan on smashing my steel balls into the face of my grandchildren LOL...

God, that's super freakin' wierd. I wonder if they were gonna retheme it into a custom game called " 'Lil Bastards GET OFF MY LAWN " and all the targets were going to be kids.

#6 6 years ago

When you lose grampas favorite tools, that's the price you pay. Your face is forever smashed by the silver ball. I tell my friend, who has my clown at her house, to tape her kids pictures to the clown when they piss her off. Would be very satisfying, to have them scroll out from the side of the game, so you can bash them with the ball as they move across the playfield.

#7 6 years ago

Hahaha! What the hell? Somebody had a very odd sense of humor! That's weird. Too weird.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Yep. Good question? Any Super Star owners out there?

I have one. This is why I'm asking because that is not standard. Only the ball knocks down the drop target. It only resets after the saucer bonus is collected or at the beginning of a game.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have one. This is why I'm asking because that is not standard. Only the ball knocks down the drop target. It only resets after the saucer bonus is collected or at the beginning of a game.

Oh, I see. Well, I'll try and find out when I put it back together.

Schdel5, does yours have that two prong Jones plug connecter on the base board next to the others for the playfield?
IMG_5007a (resized).jpgIMG_5007a (resized).jpg
Becuase that looked original to me...but what plugs into it, is not

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Schdel5, does yours have that two prong Jones plug connecter on the base board next to the others for the playfield?

I'll have to check but I don't think so. Typically in the back of the bottom board there are typically 3 sets of Jones plugs that are all rather large 15-20 pins each. There are smaller ones towards the front for the coin door, chimes, knocker and setting adjustments.

From what I see of yours, something triggers the drop target to drop down by some other means other than a ball. I can't imagine what switch or event would cause the drop target to drop other than the ball hitting it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-and-who-is-that and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.