2 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20230125_030249472 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230125_030251663 (resized).jpg

#1 2 days ago

Hello All
    Got a customer who brought in a 1940 Bally "Dandy". I am in need of some things for it but am curious of this light wheel that I found in the bottom of the cabinet. Anyone tell me what it is and does? Also is this one complete? Looks to be missing something on the backside.
    Also any help on locating fuse sizes for this game as well as legs. Any help would be great.
    Mike

PXL_20230125_030249472 (resized).jpgPXL_20230125_030251663 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 days ago

It's a projection unit that keeps track of the credits earned and projects them onto a frosted glass, probably in a corner of the playfield. See one from a '39 Bally Champion at: https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/1939-Bally-Champion#ProjectionUnit

It's basically a heavy duty step unit with a bulb, lens and mirror. There may be a credit knock off switch under the cabinet too.

/Mark

#3 1 day ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

It's a projection unit that keeps track of the credits earned and projects them onto a frosted glass, probably in a corner of the playfield. See one from a '39 Bally Champion at: https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/1939-Bally-Champion#ProjectionUnit
    It's basically a heavy duty step unit with a bulb, lens and mirror. There may be a credit knock off switch under the cabinet too.
    /Mark

Thanks! I saw your site. Quick question, did you happen to get melted rubber on the playfield for the bumpers you were working on? On this game, a lot of the rubbers have melted and there are little drops of hard rubber all over the playfield. If I lightly scratch them with my fingernail I can get some to scrap off and not take paint. I am hoping there is a better way to deal with this.
    Mike

#4 1 day ago

Plastic razor blades might work. Solvents (alcohol, mineral spirits, naptha, etc.) might work too but you'd need to experiment with them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!