Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-457.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm doing a Stargate restore and I found this weird coil thing wired into the sub. What is this thing? And can I remove it?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

It looks like a low pass filter. Only allows low frequency (bass) signals to go the the sub.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

It looks like a low pass filter. Only allows low frequency (bass) signals to go the the sub.

If I remove it will the sub still work? Will it damage anything if I remove it?

#4 8 years ago

Someone else also told me this thing only allows the bass tones through the sub. Is that better or worse though? If I remove it will it be ok?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If I remove it will the sun still work? Will it damage anything if I remove it?

If there is any chance that removing this will destroy the sun I suggest leaving it be. Sorry, couldn't resist.

#6 8 years ago

You can remove it if you want. The speaker will just play full range.

#7 8 years ago

LOL pinballkim!

To answer his question, no it won't hurt sub, like poster before said, if it's a low pass filter, it keeps higher range frequencies from going to sub, giving sub that deeper sound . Removing just allows higher ranges to be heard through the sub...

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

If there is any chance that removing this will destroy the sun I suggest leaving it be. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lol, oops. Stupid little keys and fat fingers

#9 8 years ago

Thanks guys. I barely notice the sub with this hooked up. It only turns on during certain events. I think I will remove it so I notice the sub more. Thanks for the explanations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-this-and-do-i-need-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.