(Topic ID: 30965)

What is the worst feeling in pinball?

By EvanBingham

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the worst feeling in pinball?”

• SDTM/outlane drains 28 votes
      13%
    • Barely missing a high score/replay 27 votes
      13%
    • Wasted Multiball 13 votes
      6%
    • Game spitting out locked balls at end of game 7 votes
      3%
    • Game not functioning properly 125 votes
      58%
    • Tilt 15 votes
      7%

(215 votes)

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Frustrating:

When I work on the same game once again that I already worked on and repaired the same problem once again that I think I finally fixed, it functions properly for a few plays then it goes back to doing the same crappy thing it was doing or not doing before I even started to work on it.

Sometimes the sledgehammer song comes to mind at that point.

Ken

#52 11 years ago

Having like an absolutely AMAZING ball 1 that seems to go forever and you just are "in the zone" only for ball 2 and 3 to drain quickly and both combined are like 5% of the score ball 1 was ....

#53 11 years ago

Getting kicked in the nuts. Oh, wait, that is the worst feeling regardless of pinball.

#54 11 years ago

Watching your NIB Tron LE fall off the forklift....

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video

To be fair, none of these games were functioning properly.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

But they could work again. That bad girls is in better shape than mine. I do remember that he does give cabinets away all the time as well but not enough people go get them.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

So what? If I followed that line of thinking most of my machines would have gone off my roof because at one time they stopped working. I fixed them or had them fixed.

I hope no serious pinhead supports this company.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Spending 6k on nib and hating it...my worst

That is a good price for a NIB XMEN LE so you shouldn't be that upset.

#59 11 years ago

Worst? Spending a month worth salary on a WH2O while not really being in a position that you could afford to have that happen, showing your very first pin ever to your parents, siblings, wife and best friend on the night you set it up and then having to move glass to push the ball getting stuck in a VUK divot every single time with the apologetic facial expression and "...I'll fix it...It won't have to be this way"... And then watching almost every plunge they make drain STDM (couldn't explain enough> that is how the designer meant it to be and that they have to soft plunge it to the upper playfield)...talk about a money well spent

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Waiting for a Hurricane to hit, and not knowing if your collection or gameroom will survive a downed tree, flood, 90mph winds etc.

I just cant imagine what that would be like. I just saw this pin on Ebay link below and felt so bad not just for the pin but the entire loss and recovery of people from all natural disasters. Most people have fire insurance but not flood as it cost more and you have to get it thru a govt program.
    It must truly suck to loose everything this way and sell your pin collection to get back on your feet. Awful feeling!

ebay.com link: TALES CRYPT PINBALL MACHINE RECENTLY SHOPPED WATER DAMAGE CABINET

#61 11 years ago

finding out your 10 year old nephew gets a higher score than you do!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

especially if he can actually play it! now there's a first!

#63 11 years ago

Someone already mentioned something similar, but destroying beautiful and rare backglasses really pisses me off the most... It seems the more care you take the protect a specific glass that you don't want to break, the more chance there is that THAT glass will get broken before any other!! It's happened to be at least twice.

The sight of smoke coming from the vents in the backbox is also a heart-stopping moment!!

#64 11 years ago

Having to sell one cause your f$cking broke, and it's your own dam fult.

#65 11 years ago

Watching navl unload a disappointment. Realizing your standards are not other people's standards.

#66 11 years ago

Being player two and player one has really sweaty hands.

#67 11 years ago

Draining on ball 3 with just one shot away from something important (an extra ball, multiball, the wizard mode, etc.)

#68 11 years ago

Wasn't on list, but for me it's utterly dominating the first ball and then assing the next two.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Having to sell one cause your f$cking broke, and it's your own dam fult.

I know what you mean. Especially if you sell one for a fraction of its real value because you need cash fast.

#70 11 years ago

Mistakenly telling your wife your racking up one your best scores ever on your last ball as she sneaks behind you and pulls down your shorts and doesn't even have the decency to give you a reach around

#71 11 years ago

I voted for "game not functioning properly", but close behind that would be having everything set up perfectly and draining. Something like in my FT having the Super Jackpot lit (for the first time) with two balls still in play and not hitting the locked ball (100,000 points) once.

#72 11 years ago

Pulling the plug when you are leading in a tournament....

#73 11 years ago

Just missing out on a wish list pin, especially at a cheap price.

#74 11 years ago

No one like a busted game ....

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

He ranked it in his top 5 of 50 pins reviewed, so I don't think it was that one.

#76 11 years ago

Ramp reject when 3x is running with a nice 60+mil song jackpot built up with the cannon lit. ):

#77 11 years ago

For me its cleaning or fixing something only to break something or damage the game.. ie polishing the playfield only to wear into playfield or cleaning ramps only to crack or flame polish them to hell.

#78 11 years ago

How about finishing 17th out of 48 players and missing the qualifying 16 by 7 points because you choked on some of your favorite games

It was a fun night!!

#79 11 years ago

Realizing your son stole your highest score on one machine and that you will never ever beat that one without cheating...

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

Leaving the coin door open, and your cat jumps inside and you have to pull her out by her tail and suffer several bites .

Repeat after me "cat treats are my friend"

Getting more than half way to your highest score on any game and have an extra ball in hand on your first ball, yet you score basically nothing the next three balls.

#81 11 years ago

Mine would have to be draining a ball right when I start a "big points" run. Example: Almost every time I get "Rock the boat" in FT, (each ramp shot is 10mil) I hit the captive ball and it drains. I friggin choke too often...I get to antsy and just screw it up. Was up by 20mil at a tourney, and missed it on this and finished 3rd... Or having Video mode lit on ball 3 and draining before I can make the shot. Or last one, getting Monster fish, and just not being able to hit it til it sits at 5mil. After I collect it, I'll hit it all day...until next monster fish is lit.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video

OMG, really? REALLY? WHAT is the point here? To be an asshole? Thats what I took away from it. A lot of decent looking cabinets with fully populated playfields off the roof.....wow.....

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-worst-feeling-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.